CSW_OTU_Rannisokol

IL-2 Battle of Germany (night)

What about the night raids to Germany scenario? I think, the hardest thing would be the radar model, but if it was in IL-2 1946, it couldn´t be that hard. Also, some of the planes can be flown without radar as a normal day planes (Mossie, Me 410). Map would be good for the night operations from 42-44 and also for the Battle of Berlin (45) scenario, if it is created. There is also a Ruzyne airport in Prague, one of the latest Me-262 bases. These are possible planes (the years are the combat debut times):

Battle of Germany (42-44)

Axis

Bf-110 G-4 (January 43)

Do-217 N-2 (Early 42)

He 219 A-6 (Early 44)

Me 410 A-1/U-2 (February 44)

Ju 88 G-6 (middle 44)

Allies

D.H. Mosquito NF Mk. XVII (January 44)

P-61 A-1 Black Widow (early 44)

Lancaster III (middle 42)

Halifax III (Early 43)

Stirling III (Late 42)

Sources: http://www.historyofwar.org/

Wikipedia

I know there was a FW-190 with a radar, but I think it would be not good compare to other aircrafts (bad durability).

And the map looks somethings like this:

Goood.png.813f7c8fcd15de2ba2cff6e50b4554bf.png

So, what do you think? I´m not a historian, so if someone know more than me, I´m open to your suggestions😉

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, CSW_OTU_Rannisokol said:

What about the night raids to Germany scenario? I think, the hardest thing would be the radar model

I like the idea, however personally I don't think you would truly need the player controlled radar.  It was annoying and fiddly in 1946 to continuously warp out of the pilot's seat and into the radar position for a quick look.  Then back to the pilot seat again to peer outside and back to the radar again and again until you made a visual contact.  I would much prefer to fly the plane and have an AI crewman give me the vector and altitude of a contact while I got to admire the moon and the stars while searching for that elusive tommy.

Edited by Feathered_IV
  • Upvote 4

Well, making bombers is much harder than fighters so here is your first problem. There is no way they would make so many, especially new ones. Not like new version of bf110 but completly new planes like do217. You can also say bye to these 4 engine planes. Not going to happen. Too much work to make even 1 and you put like 3 :P also this game won't handle them. Also not sure if map that has so many big cities at once would work.

I would like to see some focus on fight fighters tho, getting Bf110 version of this plane would be really nice. And like Feathered said, i hope they would make radar guy AI... it's so annoying to fly a plane and do everything alone. Would rather get AI guy who tells me what he can see on a radar.

As much as I would like a night fighter scenario, I think it would be commercial suicide for the developers.

I think you have better chance of wining lotto 2 times in row then ever see this in BoX.

Airplanes you recomend would take them 4-5 years to make, then map area you show is of no use to allied airplanes, you have to have take off and landing bases for them for SP campaigns so map would have to include atleast England and at best also Italy, so it would be huge with big number of citys...

imposible