Jason_Williams

Heads Up: PWCG CO-OP Campaign in Available

Guys,

Pat Wilson has been working hard on an genuine Co-Op Campaign system with squad progression and stats tracking etc. Pat has been working on this with our blessing for his PWCG app for a little while. If you or your squad has ever wanted to try such a thing, I suggest checking it out. We don't have time yet to build such a system ourselves, but Pat has done it with our encouragement and we'd like you to try it with your squad-mates and let Pat know how you like it and help him squash any bugs.

Jason

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

Oh yea!

Pat.... you are the man! Thanks again for all your hard work and the effort you put into this community. Definately be giving this a try.

Thanks again!

For those who don't follow PWCG, let me explain.  The latest revision allows coop mode to be used in the context of a campaign.  You play a PWCG campaign but with your friends.  Your friends can be on your side, in the same squadron, in different squadrons, or on the other side.  As with all coop, there is a host who generates the missions.  Players join as in any coop mission and fly. After the mission results are determined and whatever my be may be ... the next day and the next mission comes - if you survive.  Your pilot will earn victories and medals or possibly get wounded or die.  If you fly through the whole war you will move from battle to battle just as you do with any PWCG campaign.  

I'm not sure that  anything like this has ever been done before.  This combines an offline historical campaign with flying with and against other people.   Great for squad wars in a historical context or just any group of friends who want to fly together.  

I just released the alpha version today so this is very new.  If you are downloading it today I need you to look at it like a tester more than a player, at least for a little while.  

Coming soon: A server component that will allow you to log on and see the campaign much as you do in PWCG single player.   The view is from the point of view of your persona - i.e. the pilot you are playing in the campaign.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

It would be really great if a specific forum sub-topic were visible from the main forum page advertising people running COOPS.  When it is buried under special events high volume threads such as FNBF obscure new COOP events due to the high post update frequency.  

Edited by NO_SQDeriku777

@Jason_Williams

Jason,

For the full potential and immersion of the COOP mode and Pat's software, do you think it would be possible to introduce a system that allows side specific briefings like we had in the old il-2. In the old game, one could simply use the following format for the text in the briefing and it would automatically separate the brieifings (i.e., let only players belonging to that particular side to see the text):

- [BLUE] Text in between this code would only be visible to players on the blue side [/BLUE];

- [RED] Text in between this code would only be visible to players on the blue side [/RED];

- [ALL] in between this code would be visible to all players regardless of sides [/ALL].

Would that be possible in a near future?

• Upvote 1

I don’t know. Maybe. Sorry that’s I’ll have have on the topic at the moment. 

Jason

• Thanks 1