Han

Developer Diary 226 - Discussion

tempest, tempest, tempest, tempest……………………………….when , when, when???????????????????????'':biggrin:

Posted (edited)

Tempest looks great, cant wait to see what 4x20mm hispanos can do.

Looking on webs it dosent seam like it will have many options for skins, all look same with small differances.

Edited by 77.CountZero

All sounding and looking great!

2 hours ago, =gRiJ=Alado said:

tempest, tempest, tempest, tempest……………………………….when , when, when???????????????????????'':biggrin:

Jason

• Haha 20

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Elem said:

Tempest = Sexy Beast!

Can´t wait to hear her scream... ;)

Edited by =RR=ROCKET_KNUT

Almost speechless at how good the Tempest Mark V looks. I'm really excited to fly it and a big thanks to Jason and the rest of the 1CGS team for making that aircraft possible!

Just.... wow! :yahoo:

_Tempest_3.jpg

• Upvote 5

4K skins update for the best fighter in all series is well deserved.

Two seaters is when the real fun begins. But don't worry, I will still haunt the FC servers with the Red Baron triplane. :ph34r:

Omfg i hope the tempest is next. Or p38 but tempest hopefully.  I wish theyd add octane fuel to help with usaaf planes (idk what else will help)

But the tempest i think wont be as hobbled

Look at the spit ix vs p40 p47 p39 etc. Or spit v

E erytime the spits are infinitely more dangerous

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OBT-Lionel said:

I hope you will improve the flight models. A Me 110 that turns tighter than a yak 7 it's strange.

why?

wingload of the Yak-7 at takeoff weight is 175kg/m²

wingload of the Bf 110 at takeoff weight is 174 kg/m² while having two powerful engines, each about the same power(1020) as the Yak-7s engine (1067HP)

the 110 also has slats and a massive elevator

Edited by Asgar
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OBT-Lionel said:

I hope you will improve the flight models. A Me 110 that turns tighter than a yak 7 it's strange.

I think the problem is between the chair and monitor

Edited by =362nd_FS=RoflSeal
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, =362nd_FS=RoflSeal said:

That's not it for me.

It is my chair! :o:

I have always suspected that my chair was actively sabotaging my flying and tanking performance.  😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, =362nd_FS=RoflSeal said:

So, any tipps on how to fight a 110 in a Yak-7b?

4 hours ago, OBT-Lionel said:

Hahaha..sorry but...if a Bf-110 beats you by outturning your Yak-7, you did something wrong. Seriously

Greets from a Bf-110 Pilot 😉

19 minutes ago, [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier said:

I didn´t want to derail this DD too much, but little pro tip: just look at the start weight of the Bf-110C series (around 6500kg) and the starting weight of the Yak-7 (around 3000kg)

Or in other words, you sit in a grasshoper and fight against a flying brick...

• Thanks 1

The new films are superbly done, trying to convey the game experience into such a short time must be extremely difficult but they got it with these.:cool:

The Tempest looks awesome, testament to all those who helped with information and gaining access for Jason to allow him to photograph the beast, also the modelling team for bringing it together, cannot wait to finally have it in game.:drinks:

It will also be great to get into the Bristol once more, have not flown it in R.O.F for years sorry to say, but very much looking forward to it here in F.C.;)

Congratulations to all involved, really appreciated, Pete.:biggrin:

3 hours ago, =362nd_FS=RoflSeal said:

Ah Ah Ah !  maybe, but it's not just that.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

Looking on webs it dosent seam like it will have many options for skins, all look same with small differances.

Pretty much all a variation of the official RAF schemes for various time periods.

Default (late): similar to Spit IX we have, black nose with yellow-ringed Type C1 wing roundels. This is in-keeping with our Spitfire IX in terms of time period, Jan 3rd 1945 - endwar.

Early (pre-D-Day) sky nose, Type B roundels, sky belly band. This doesn't represent a Tempest as flown in our campaign and is an earlier scheme, any time before June 6th 1944.

Invasion: as above with invasion stripes

June 6th 1944-July 1944

Default (early) as above but invasion stripes only on the belly

August 1944-January 2nd 1945

@Sneaksie you may also find this helpful.

Edited by Talon_
  • Upvote 2

So, according to Spaceballs, next update is now ... or 1900 hours tomorrow! I’m skeptical about a Sunday update with new material but really looking forward to whatever comes next.

i have yet to see the lightning in paint so maybe it’s coming last? The Tempest looks great though.

1 minute ago, Jaegermeister said:

So, according to Spaceballs, next update is now ... or 1900 hours tomorrow! I’m skeptical about a Sunday update with new material but really looking forward to whatever comes next.

i have yet to see the lightning in paint so maybe it’s coming last? The Tempest looks great though.

Idk if they hold on to a premium as a last aircraft with the campaign - I am thinking they don't. That being said, I believe it will be either Tempest or Mustang (along with AI B-25) that is held as last flyable with campaign (final Bodenplatte release).

11 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

Yeah, hopefully that means they won't have to spend too long on the skins

DSC_0093.JPG

• Haha 1

I reckon Spaceballs has one way to mark time, as does Southpark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CqvL0DS9EE

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier said:

The 110 is a bit of a beast. Especially the 110G-2 so do not underestimate it.

1. The Yak-7B has a slight advantage in climb rate so take the fight into the vertical and maintain energy advantage (speed + altitude)
  2. The 7B can roll much quicker so use rolling scissors or snap rolls in the defensive
  3. There's also a 30-40 km/h speed advantage in favour of the Yak-7B at low and medium altitudes (but at high altitude they are even)
  4. In theory you might be able to out turn him in a prolonged stall turn, however, this is unwise as a defensive maneuver as he can dump speed for angle with power loading and the wing slats which will give a temporary advantage

A couple of other resources out there. First, check out the Aircraft Flight and Technical Specifications on the forum:

I suggest comparing things like power, weight (for power to weight ratio), maximum performance sustained turn times (not the same as maximum performance turn), etc. Also, the old SimHQ website has a great couple of articles on BFM and ACM that is always good to brush up on. Even if you're a veteran of combat sims. https://www.simhq.com/_air/air_004a.html

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

Pretty sure and very much hoping the p-51 is up for the next release. Would be pretty bummed to have to wait for it till the end.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JgonRedcorn said:

Pretty sure and very much hoping the p-51 is up for the next release. Would be pretty bummed to have to wait for it till the end.

This, they released in flight shots of it before any of the others. Hopefully we get a nice mid-week surprise within the next few weeks!

I sure hope the team have made some new Sabre engine sounds ;) no game/sim has had a very good approximation of the Sabre's scream so far.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, JgonRedcorn said:

It's supposed to be the next aircraft released from what I've read but it could have changed.

The aircraft I'm most excited to see next is the P-38, P-51 will be fun but the 38 is what I'm looking forward to flying.

Edited by Legioneod

Just now, Legioneod said:

It's supposed to be the next aircraft released from what I've read but it could have changed.

Let's all hope.

1 minute ago, JgonRedcorn said:

Let's all hope.

Yep, I just realized we only have 3 flyable aircraft left to get, P-51, Tempest, and P-38. Based on the screenshots I'd say the P-51 is next then the Tempest and then the P-38 last.

Can't wait to see that P-38 in all it's 4K splendor!

On 7/6/2019 at 9:26 AM, 77.CountZero said:

Yeah, that's the thing with most British aircraft. The R.A.F. didn't allow gaudy paint jobs like the A.A.F. did. They didn't go in much for personalizing the airplanes. 

You often talk about airplanes and textures but never the graphics engine.

>What are the future evolutions of the graphics engine? do you think you are going to ray tracing?
>Do you improve the display distance of objects, vegetation on the ground?
>In VR, this game is beautiful, but nevertheless 4K textures are visually limited. Do you want to evolve the textures in 5K or 6K?
>Do you want to make a pack containing all the collector planes at an resonable price?

I love your work immensely, I hope you will continue to improve it.

Thank you

10 minutes ago, bigounet said:

You often talk about airplanes and textures but never the graphics engine.

>What are the future evolutions of the graphics engine? do you think you are going to ray tracing?
>Do you improve the display distance of objects, vegetation on the ground?
>In VR, this game is beautiful, but nevertheless 4K textures are visually limited. Do you want to evolve the textures in 5K or 6K?
>Do you want to make a pack containing all the collector planes at an resonable price?

I love your work immensely, I hope you will continue to improve it.

Thank you

You know, you should read the dev diaries every now and then, not just look at the pretty pictures 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Awesome work on the video, the Tempest, Panzer IV, and FC!!! Thank you again, Devs...:good:

On 7/6/2019 at 5:30 PM, Asgar said:

.... as the Yak-7s engine (1067HP)

It has M-105ПФ engine with max power output of 1260hp at 700m.

Hi,

Sorry to be this late but as always an excellent dev diary.

One question for you guys regarding Flying Circus: Is the new WWI pilot model compatible with those flying scarfs on ROF? Will be very nice to see that movement along the neck of the pilots, I love how they start to level up with the wind and go down with their own weight when the aircraft is stopped.

Thanks for all your effort, you are truly an amazing group.

Best regards,

Pedro

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 2:26 PM, 77.CountZero said:

Take a Fw190 with add 2x20mm. Should be no diff. Or?...

41 minutes ago, 2/JG26_Krak said:

Take a Fw190 with add 2x20mm. Should be no diff. Or?...

There is planty axis players on servers camping and vulching bases like you know, so ill go for tempest with good 20mm guns :P