Sign in to follow this  
reddog=11blueleader*

Failed to Load Backend Library

Hello Pilots, just purchased and downloaded BOM and I got this message when I tried to install,"Failed to Load Backend  Library" ? Has anybody had this problem and know how to fix it? Thanks.

Got the same after a game update + Windows update ….

8 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Got the same after a game update + Windows update ….

I had a Windows update  also before I purchased BOM this afternoon. Wonder what we need to do?

I'm downloading the whole thing again … will let you know if it works …..

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

I'm downloading the whole thing again … will let you know if it works ….. 

Thanks Hursty, appreciate that.

During the download I've got a "Failed to Update" ….. it's not looking good …...

Ok … it's back and running, here is what I did ….

1. Renamed the game folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad - Orig"

2. Went to my profile here: https://il2sturmovik.com/download/ selected download and went through the process of installing the installer and letting it re-download and install everything again from scratch.

3. Copied over my Inputs folder from the renamed installation folder.

It now loads …. haven't gone any further but it appears to be fine.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Did a delete and reinstall and everything is running fine now. Must have gotten a corrupt file when I downloaded BOM. It loads every time now.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Having your game in the " C:\Program Files (x86)\ " folder may (will) give you problems with updates in the future. That folder has a nasty habit of not allowing "new" content that isn´t M$ approved! Move your game folder to anywhere else on your disk. Doing that will make "life" (or updating) easier in the future!

Edited by FlyingH
Misspelleing

4 hours ago, FlyingH said:

Having your game in the " C:\Program Files (x86)\ " folder may (will) give you problems with updates in the future. That folder has a nasty habit of not allowing "new" content that isn´t M$ approved! Move your game folder to anywhere else on your disk. Doing that will make "life" (or updating) easier in the future!

Thanks FlyingH, I have a blank 238 GB ssd F drive. I'll move the game to that drive. I should be able to copy the game to the F drive.

It´s as simple as drag and drop the game folder and renew your path to the icons.