Sign in to follow this  
=gRiJ=Alado

tanks no show damage

Hello, I have a problem, when I destroy tanks with cannons I  no see the explosions or that they are seen to have been damaged although I receive the message that I have destroyed them. The tanks remain the same, without showing damage and without even disappearing. Although lately I only fly with the oculus, without them it also happens to me. Mi pc i5 8600k, 16g ram, gforce 1080.

Any idea??

Thx and sorry for my english

I think thats intentional. Sometimes you kill the crew, which would not blow up the tank. Also destroyed objects should not disappear as far as i am aware.

Sometimes it's just a track broken, but that will immobilise the tank, thus destroying it. You won't see it unless you get up close.

I remember that before when you destroyed a tank with the cannons it exploded and the burned remains were left. Now I do not see any explosion or anything that indicates that the tank is destroyed. I have asked some friend and he says that if he sees them explode by destroying them with both cannon and bomb

1 hour ago, =gRiJ=Alado said:

I remember that before when you destroyed a tank with the cannons it exploded and the burned remains were left. Now I do not see any explosion or anything that indicates that the tank is destroyed. I have asked some friend and he says that if he sees them explode by destroying them with both cannon and bomb

That's completely normal. 

The improved vehicle DM introduced in 3.101 means, that a vehicle can be knocked out in many different ways now, most of which don't involve it exploding and sometimes not even smoking. 

ok thanks, and trucks and artillery too????

32 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

most of which don't involve it exploding and sometimes not even smoking. 

in my case never

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2019 at 8:27 PM, Field-Ops said:

Also destroyed objects should not disappear as far as i am aware.

I thought that it was normal for destroyed ground objects to eventually disappear, in order to reduce overheads. I've noticed many times, in SP, that several minutes after destroying a train, artillery piece or tank eg, it can disappear. It burns for a while, sometimes with secondary explosion(s), and then eventually dematerialises.

If a locomotive is detached from the train by its destruction, It will sometimes disappear before I've mopped up the last of the rolling stock. Other times, the smouldering wreckage can still be seen on a later overflight.      

Edited by jaygee485

Salutations,

Game Objects take up computing power to display and can cause lag. So destroyed objects are not kept on the playing field forever.

There is a setting for mission makers to cause destroyed vehicle to be deleted after destruction but I think this function is programmed into the game anyway. :coffee:

• Thanks 1