Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DD_Crash

poor framerates

Recommended Posts

Hi, I am currently running at 20fps using a 5ghz i7 8086, GTX1080, 32 gig DDR4, Open VR Windows 10 latest update, with latest video drivers. I used to get 40-50 fps so I know the hardware can do better than 20fps. Can anyone post a config for the graphic settings and do I need to set anything in the NVidia screen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, DD_Crash said:

Hi, I am currently running at 20fps using a 5ghz i7 8086, GTX1080, 32 gig DDR4, Open VR Windows 10 latest update, with latest video drivers. I used to get 40-50 fps so I know the hardware can do better than 20fps. Can anyone post a config for the graphic settings and do I need to set anything in the NVidia screen?

 

You should get even better than 40-50 with that rig.

 

Have you tried a clean driver installing - uninstall the drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode - then install latest Nvidia drivers only installing the driver and PhysX. Definitely not GeForce Experience.

Also make sure you do not have Vsync checked in the game settings.

Set a profile for IL-2.exe in Nvidia Control Panel - set it to "Prefer Maximum Performance".

 

Give the above a try and see if it makes any difference.

 

Which VR headset?

 

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Don, I will look at what you suggested tomorrow :) BTW I use a CV1 Oculus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, DD_Crash said:

Thanks Don, I will look at what you suggested tomorrow :) BTW I use a CV1 Oculus.

 

Good deal.

Edit - never mind, I see you are running Open Composite which is good.

 

 

Edited by dburne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need the computer to tell you why it’s slow, don’t guess. First install Open Composite as dnurne suggested. Install Oculus Tray Tool and run it, then start up IL2. Oculus Tray Tool has a number of “debug HUD” modes. Set “pixel density” and check you’re using a sane value such as 1.1. If not, change it using OTT and restart the game.

 

If you have a normal pixel density such as 1.1, try setting the performance HUD to “application render timing”. This will show the CPU and GPU frame times. They need to be under 11ms for 90fps, and under 22ms for 45 FPS ASW. If the CPU frame time is too long, try switching to the Balanced preset. If GPU frame times are too long, try reducing AA or shadows. If the frame times are all over the place it might be time for a clean reinstall of Windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't opencomposite incapable of using ASW and especially ASW 2.0, if he's getting low frame rates currently he might want to stick with standard software and just enable ASW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the info Don, framerates now back to where they where :)

Edited by DD_Crash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JgonRedcorn said:

Isn't opencomposite incapable of using ASW and especially ASW 2.0, if he's getting low frame rates currently he might want to stick with standard software and just enable ASW.

Opencomposite is used to replace SteamVR. ASW runs fine with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DD_Crash said:

Thanks for the info Don, framerates now back to where they where :)

 

:good:

 

Have fun!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...