Sign in to follow this  
InProgress

IL-2 1946 VP Modpack

Posted (edited)

Just installed this mod and it works, but i have problem with career mode. Does not matter which country i pick and which theatre, it makes this weird beeping noise when i click start. Then there is nothing. Single missions work but career does not. Anyone knows how to fix it?

Edited by InProgress

Posted (edited)

For many countries, you have to download the missions.

www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3

Edited by namhee2

Just now, namhee2 said:

For many countries, you have to download the missions.

www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3 

I don't think i understand. I am trying to play career, i don't start it as some weird small country. It does not work with germany or other big nations. Nothing works. It only makes beep sound when i click start and nothing happens. Single missions work.

Well I play IL2 since 2001, so a problem has not yet occurred. How long have you been playing Il2 1946?

12 minutes ago, InProgress said:

I don't think i understand. I am trying to play career, i don't start it as some weird small country. It does not work with germany or other big nations. Nothing works. It only makes beep sound when i click start and nothing happens. Single missions work.

The beep on start suggest then DGEN part of your installation is either damaged, or incompatible with the MOD pack.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to fix it, as in do not know which DGEN you need to get it running.

There are some resources at www.mission4today.com on DGEN, or alternative campaign generators... 

Good Luck!

Yeah i can now see it created some error in game folder. I can play scripted campaigns, not generated ones :(

= DGen 4.0.8.6 (17/04/08) =
seed: 30094714
DGen initialization. Side: de, Rank: 0
MaxBomberSkill=1
Distance=75 km
Length=Long
AI=Normal
Missions=Hard
AirIntensity=High
GroundIntensity=High
SlowFire=20.0
PromotionRate=1.000000
Career ID: De{
Africa:Africa42
Inherits Africa42
ReadDB sorties:1

PlayerWing found:8_ZG26_
Blue skill set: 6 75 20
Red skill set: 3 40 30
TestWing(f,s): Stab_JG27 0 00
TestWing(f,s): I_JG27 0 00
TestWing(f,s): I_JG27 0 00
TestWing(f,s): 356squadriglia 0 00
TestWing(f,s): RAF_No033SQN 0 00
TestWing(f,s): RAF_No112SQN 0 00
Inherits operations from DGen\ops41afrZ.dat
MissionDistance set, testing DGen\Africa42Red0.mis
Can't open!
MissionDistance set, testing DGen\Africa42Blue0.mis
Can't open!
Dangerous areas
Red:1 Blue:9
Can't open Message file DGen\MessagePl.dat

What are you flying? Some where after the first patch a German bomber was to be removed before patching.😎

6 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

What are you flying? Some where after the first patch a German bomber was to be removed before patching.😎

Like i said nothing works, tried diffrent maps, diffrent planes and diffrent countries. Always the same.

Have a look over at SAS.  Somewhere there you should find a download link to the default Dgen files.  Sounds like the ones you have at the moment have been modified and don't work with VP.  I had a similar problem and created a second install to copy the files over.  It seemed to solve the problem.

Posted (edited)

You can enable the logfile in the confi.ini, if you hear a beep it means the games not finding certain objects and wont load the missions. The default Dgen campaigns that come with vpmod pack should work just fine. What version of the game did you install the mod too? Are you sure you installed it correctly? VP modpack is probably the easiest mod to install. Just check what version you are running it should be 4.12. Can definitely help you out with your problems, getting pretty good at fiddling with the old game now.

In the confi.ini file under hotkey console you'll see

LOG=0 change that to 1

LOGKEEP=0 change that to 1 as well and save it. Try and start a campaign and then when it doesn't work you'll have a log file you can check to see what the error is.

Edited by JgonRedcorn