Redwo1f

What's next after BOBP? Your prediction.

What's after BOBP? Your prediction.  

224 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. This is NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT NEXT. It is about where you think 1C/777studios will go next after Bodenplatte. Where do you think they will most likely go for the next installment?

• Back to Russia
    • Western European conflict
    • Korean War
    • Pacific theater
    • Other (North Africa, Finland, something else) - please specify
    • Something completely unexpected - two theaters at once (eg. 3rd party doing one and 1C/777 the other)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/19 at 04:35 AM

3 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Oh the tragedy !... C'mon mate life isn't that bad.

I would rather stay in WWII like you, but if it does turn out to be Korea, there will still be other WWII series to follow.

I stopped buying stuff to fund next pack when my hopes for Pacific theatre succumbed into depression 🤫

I bought bobp for that reason alone. If Korea up next there are several reasons for me to not buying it. 

By doing it I send a message I am interested in it

Secondly I dont see it as another step towards Pacific

Third They show that building one seated hotrods is their way ahead   

And that means I stay in eastern front until I flown all careers , to the last man left the mp in this. 

And I do it knowing it wont hurt the devs one bit. So it is not the theatre I take a stand against. It is simply a road ahead I have no interest following. They simply cannot beat DCS Mig 15 in any way. So if I got that urge I already got the tool

I think the next module will take a completely different direction. I think there is a reason they've been increasing draw distance. They are going to do a B17 as a standalone module like the Ilya Murmonets from RoF. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, InProgress said:

Hopefully they do so BoX can't do an expansion there.

Why? CloD is good, but GB is way better. Let's take single player for example. GB has dynamic career system. Yeah, it quite far from perfect, but at least it's something and they are improving it. How's single player in CloD? How long do you think it would take TF to have at least some sort of dynamic career system?

I'm not against Korea, but I hope it won't be next. It would be way too early. WWII should be top priority. 

46 minutes ago, Arthur-A said:

Why? CloD is good, but GB is way better. Let's take single player for example. GB has dynamic career system. Yeah, it quite far from perfect, but at least it's something and they are improving it. How's single player in CloD? How long do you think it would take TF to have at least some sort of dynamic career system?

We have to remember that the dynamic career system in IL-2 GBs wasn’t there when the game was first released. Until BoK was released in 2018, the career mode was just a Campaign mode where one could jump from one plane to another, and from one side to another. Same goes with VR, didn’t get implemented until halfway through BoK development. BoK is the THIRD instalment of IL-2 GBs, representing 5 years of hard work. There is only ONE instalment of CloD that’s released. What was BoS like before BOM was released? I think we should wait until the 2nd or the 3rd instalment For CloD (5.0 Tobruk and 6.0. Likely Malta and possibly a few other places) are released before we start nit picking what GBs has and what CloD doesn’t have.

3 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

I stopped buying stuff to fund next pack when my hopes for Pacific theatre succumbed into depression 🤫

I bought bobp for that reason alone. If Korea up next there are several reasons for me to not buying it. 

I've never advocated that people should buy modules they are not interested in... if you bother to notice I have not bought into the tank thing... I have this game because I like combat flight sims, not tanks.

What I am saying is that people should not leave the game and cry doom and gloom just because it goes in a direction they don't want.

3 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

I've never advocated that people should buy modules they are not interested in... if you bother to notice I have not bought into the tank thing... I have this game because I like combat flight sims, not tanks.

What I am saying is that people should not leave the game and cry doom and gloom just because it goes in a direction they don't want.

Well , leaving is a bit dramatic. And yeah not even sat in a tank yet in this game. Another support the pto project of mine.

I apologize I pre assumed your post, I read it but put more into it. Sorry.

just so people know, leaving is 🚫

not the way to go, only hurt the leaver. But honestly Korea concerns me, it will in my point of view divert the small mp community there is.

And I am too old waiting it out , but if they need to get it out of the system I guess they must

5 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

I think we should wait until the 2nd or the 3rd instalment For CloD (5.0 Tobruk and 6.0. Likely Malta and possibly a few other places) are released 

Most of the people posting on this forum won’t live to see that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Most of the people posting on this forum won’t live to see that.

So if ATY most of the people here won't live to see TF 6.0 released, and the devs DON'T do the Pacific after Bodenplatte, then will people here see the Pacific be released in IL-2 GBs?

15 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

So if ATY most of the people here won't live to see TF 6.0 released, and the devs DON'T do the Pacific after Bodenplatte, then will people here see the Pacific be released in IL-2 GBs?

Dude, Team Fusion is a part time team that’s having trouble putting out the release that they’re currently working on.  Maybe wait until they (hopefully) release that before you start planning for what comes next.  On the other hand, there is absolutely no doubt that another GB release is coming, and most of us will still be alive when it arrives.

On 9/21/2019 at 2:24 PM, InProgress said:

But there is no big group of korean war fans.

The relative success of Rowan Mig Alley at their time tell otherwise, even considering that this game was releasedc without (or very limited) MP support, in a time where the market want MP, in the "hay days" of early CFS MMO (Air Warrior, Warbirds, Figher Ace, Aces High).

A Korea soon will attract people not just interested in WW2, and will interest many WWII only fans because 1950 jets are not much different of the ones in WWII, things depends of "guns, guns".

EDIT - DPRK  1st Air division "planeset".

MiG-15 :)

La-9

Yak-7 (or 3)

IL-10

"Washing Machine Charlie":lol:

On "UN" side are too many options, what about:

F-86

F-80

Gloster Meteor

F-86 Twin Mustang

Sea Fury

Probable are less people interested in those WW II "forgotten battles" like Finland wars,  Khalkhin Gol... than Korea. 😜

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

The relative success of Rowan Mig Alley at their time tell otherwise

These were diffrent times. Anything that was good would be popular, there was way less games being made than today. If that game was exactly the same but diffrent theatre, it would still sell. Doubt anyone got it because korea. The thing about forgotten battles is that it's still ww2 and many will be much more happy with Khalkhin Gol than random jump to korea. If we can get good ww2 expansion vs good korea expansion, majority will pick the first one.

These interested in jets are playing DCS anyway.

Someone made new poll, so we can soon see what people think, but it does not look good for korea.

Edited by InProgress
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/22/2019 at 12:19 PM, ITAF_Rani said:

I play only IL2 GB...hope it will be focused on ww2.

Love this damned SIM😜

Ciao, sono uscito dai Gemini per scazzi vari, mi piacerebbe trovare qualcuno per volare in compagnia

Saluti, Roberto

On 9/22/2019 at 11:42 PM, cardboard_killer said:

I want it all. But no package is going to satisfy everyone. But no package should put people off playing the packages they like now, either.

My Super Want List in order of preference:

1. PTO
    1. Guadalcanal/New Guinea
    2. Carrier actions
    3. Burma/Malaya
    4. Early Philippines
    5. China/Russia vs Japan pre-1940
  2. MTO
    1. Tunisia
    2. Western Desert
    3. Sicily/Malta
    4. Italy
  3. ETO
    1. Great Patriotic War
      1. Leningrad, 1941-43
      2. Op Bagration
    2. WAllies (I don't not care about high altitude four engine bombers, which ranks at the bottom of this list after Korea)
      1. France 1940-42
      2. Normandy, if the Germans had more planes :)
  4. Spanish Civil War
  5. Korea

This is pretty much exactly my preference aswell with the exception of bombers and China. Great choice!

3 minutes ago, Lemsip said:

This is pretty much exactly my preference aswell with the exception of bombers and China. Great choice!

Bombers more and China less? Or both more?

18 minutes ago, cardboard_killer said:

Bombers more and China less? Or both more?

Personally Im not interested in China, and Im am interested in heavy bombers.

I will have to say hard "no" to the Korean War area. DCS's flight engine is designed for jets. This flight engine would be like what we have in DCS and WWII fighters - the mathematics, physics and aerodynamics are all just wrong for crossing eras. The Me 262 isn't as sophisticated as the F-86 and MiG-15. 

Please don't be like DCS - trying to be the "one stop shop" for flight simmers. However, like 2-in-1 shampoo, it ends up not not great at either.

Looking at all of the clues in the last few DDs such as increased draw distance for buildings, ships, and aircraft, the vast open water of the Kuban map, and the new techniques for modeling huge towns, I say the next battle is definitely going to be Battle of Britain. 

Edited by Danziger
  • Haha 3

No, GIUK gap for lots and lots of foul weather ASW patrols. Won't that be fun!

Edited by cardboard_killer
GIUK, not GUIK. Iceland is between the G and U

15 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

I will have to say hard "no" to the Korean War area. DCS's flight engine is designed for jets. This flight engine would be like what we have in DCS and WWII fighters - the mathematics, physics and aerodynamics are all just wrong for crossing eras. The Me 262 isn't as sophisticated as the F-86 and MiG-15. 

Please don't be like DCS - trying to be the "one stop shop" for flight simmers. However, like 2-in-1 shampoo, it ends up not not great at either.

We already have WW2 Tanks and WW1 aircraft/theatre with FC, together with WW2 aircraft.

I wait and leave it the developers, who have impressed me with their business model so far.

Happy landings,

Talisman

1 hour ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

We already have WW2 Tanks and WW1 aircraft/theatre with FC, together with WW2 aircraft.

I wait and leave it the developers, who have impressed me with their business model so far.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Talisman - You bring a very good argument and I respect you stance on your posts, even when the don't agree with mine. :)

I agree the developers have done good so far. However, I would have hoped for expanding the last Russian front a bit.

I think with the success for the original IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles series, which really taking off with the ACE and Pacific expansion packs, brought more people across the globe into the fold. For this reincarnation to see the same success, they will have to do the same - i.e. stick to what you do best and capitalize on that! Here is what I would suggest:

• Continue with Bodeplate (completed by YoE 2019)
  • Late War Winter, Summer and Spring Maps of Northern Germany (Berlin), Poland (Warsaw) and Czechia (Prague) with Il-10, Yak-3, Yak-9, La-7 etc...(completed by YoE 2020)
  • Redo Wings over Dover and expand into '42 maybe '43 (completed by YoE 2021)
  • Pacific War ('41 - '45) (completed by YoE 2022)
  • Normandy to Operation Market Garden (completed by YoE 2023)

To me, this would keep everyone interested.

On the GUI side, I would build in a chat capability like Hyper Lobby so you have everyone at the same place that is in Multiplayer.

If you are looking for an investor, ping me we can talk.

Edited by JG7_X-Man
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Redo Wings over Dover... (completed by YoE 2021)

NOT going to happen. Pretty SELFISH if the devs did that. BTW it’s Cliffs of Dover

Edited by Novice-Flyer

48 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

And you say this because?... 

Because it's a topic called "What's next after BOBP? Your prediction"? ;)

Even though I put Korea at the bottom of my wish list (actually next to bottom after WW2 WAllies high altitude bombing module), I'd love to have it. I do not want/do DCS, but the one thing that tempts me is the F-86, and the MiG-15. Give me a Korea, with those two jets, La-9s, F9Fs, and F4Us, and I'd be a very happy camper. I know that the air war wasn't that competitive, but by 1945 the Luftwaffe was contemplating (and finally performing) suicide missions, albeit on a much smaller scale than the Japanese. So, I don't think non-competitive-ness should hold it back.

2 hours ago, InProgress said:

Because it's a topic called "What's next after BOBP? Your prediction"? ;)

My prediction is already in this thread and the reasons why.... read the thread and you will find it, and I'm not going to repeat myself yet again.

I think he was reminding you that he was giving HIS prediction per the title of the thread; he was not asking for your prediction. But maybe you're being obtuse for a reason?

Edited by cardboard_killer

What reason could I have?... you have already said I'm slow on the uptake, not quick to perception...  as you seem to be streets ahead of the game, maybe you should answer for me, eh?

I've only got 3 brain cells and they are very, very tired.

• Haha 1

Again, no Korea/post WW2 for me.
I have DCS for that.
Would be happy if devs add more WW1/WW2 stuff rather.

44 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

What reason could I have?... you have already said I'm slow on the uptake, not quick to perception... 

I did not mean to say that. Conversations by text are sometimes hard to follow and easily misunderstood, and it is no shame to misunderstand someone. Sarcasm in particular can be hard to follow in a text. No one understands everything.

37 minutes ago, ST_ami7b5 said:

Again, no Korea/post WW2 for me.
I have DCS for that.
Would be happy if devs add more WW1/WW2 stuff rather.

Yeah, can't imagine dropped ww1 for some random korea. It would be kick in the balls for all the ww1 fans who invested in the flying circus. Especially if we must wait for part 2 of it to get actual career mode... Similar with tanks. If they would do korea they would have to drop one of expansion. Either ww1, tanks or main ww2.

This would bring lots of shit from community and they know it very well. Unless they could do 4 expansions at once but I highly doubt it. Replacing any of already existing ones just to work on random jump to korea would be PR and most likely financial suicide.

Quick example, if they do korea instead of ww1. Making expansion would take them 1,5-2 years. Lets say 1,5 year. This means that flying circus part 2 would come 3 years later. It's like abandoning the series. 3 years of no new content for ww1, no real single player. People will get bored, feel cheated and will just forget about it. If flying circus and tanks are successful $, there is no way 1C would drop it just to do korea that many openly does not like. There is no logic with that. If anything they would do it as main great battles game, but I also don't see it likely.

Edited by InProgress
  • Haha 1

Maybe somebody else said it already.
Wouldn't another western europe theater with the timeframe of 1943-1945 make the most sense? At least one more. Think about it. If you have several theaters on the same front within the same timeframe or with a moderate time difference between, the games would benefit from each other. First the devs can recycle a lot of their old models: buildings, bridges, trees, AI-tanks, AI-aircrafts, civilian traffic and so on. Even textures and sound files can be partially used again. And the user on the other hand has aircrafts, which can be used in both theaters.
I'm just guessing right now so don't nail me down on numbers but the devs maybe would have "only" about 75% of the work of bodenplatte but could create a whole new game.

3 hours ago, PicksKing said:

Wouldn't another western europe theater with the timeframe of 1943-1945 make the most sense? At least one more. Think about it. If you have several theaters on the same front within the same timeframe or with a moderate time difference between, the games would benefit from each other. First the devs can recycle a lot of their old models: buildings, bridges, trees, AI-tanks, AI-aircrafts, civilian traffic and so on. Even textures and sound files can be partially used again. And the user on the other hand has aircrafts, which can be used in both theaters.
I'm just guessing right now so don't nail me down on numbers but the devs maybe would have "only" about 75% of the work of bodenplatte but could create a whole new game.

True that. 3/44 - 8/44 Northern France / Normandy setting including the south coast of UK would make the most sense. Also it would give them the chance to publish additional TC modules "Battle for Caen", "Operations Epsom, Goodwood or Totalize" and they could introduce a lot of planes which were used both in Normandy and Rhineland and are presently lacking from BoBP. Think about Tempest, Mosquito, Marauder, Mustang III (B/C), Razorback P47,  Me 410, Arado 234, Spit XIV etc. And they could outpace some other company with that release by delivering a full combat evironment ranging from 3/44 - 3/45 depicting tactical air and groundwar in the ETO. Makes sense for me. I guess we will learn after 11/19 when BoBP is out of the door.

Edited by sevenless
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PicksKing said:

Yeah that's what I think. It's way too early to be thinking cold war. Have the devs said anything past pondering Korea? I think it would make the most sense to make a Mediterranean theatre (43 onward) or like @sevenless said, Normandy 1944. All the new planes a Mediterranean instalment would bring could be used in Kuban and Prokhorovka and onward realistically and make use of some existing skins. 

Perhaps it would be reasonable for the developers to use almost ready-made cards, in addition to a completely new scenario. That is, to make the Battle of France 1940 (Arras + Bodenplatte map) and the Battle of Kursk, but with an aviation career.

Sicily, and a march up the boot of Italy..................  For plane sets they can make B-25 flyable, B-26, A-20G............... Twin RAF bombers, fighter bombers....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sevenless said:

"Operations Epsom, Goodwood or Totalize"

I wonder if the Luftwaffe had even fifty day fighter sorties over those battlefields during the battles. The Battle of France's mobile operations lasted less time than the Normandy breakout, but I'd guess had 1000 times more Luftwaffe sorties.

3 minutes ago, cardboard_killer said:

I wonder if the Luftwaffe had even fifty day fighter sorties over those battlefields during the battles. The Battle of France's mobile operations lasted less time than the Normandy breakout, but I'd guess had 1000 times more Luftwaffe sorties.

There were some over the landing grounds and most likely more than 50:

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/normandy.htm

5 hours ago, FoxbatRU said:

Perhaps it would be reasonable for the developers to use almost ready-made cards, in addition to a completely new scenario. That is, to make the Battle of France 1940 (Arras + Bodenplatte map) and the Battle of Kursk, but with an aviation career.

I guess it's impossible as Arras map has very small airfields only for the WWI aviation at the current stage and Prokhorovka map hasn't the airfields for the Soviet ground attack units and there is only small part of the airfields for the Soviet fighter aviation. Moreover, the main part of the Luftwaffe units left this map after July 13, 1943.

• Thanks 1