Posted (edited)

Start spreading the news
I am leaving today
I want to be a part of it
Moscow, Moscow

Allow me to disagree on one point though :rolleyes:. When I bought BOM I didn't know that Moscow City was not going to be included. To tell you the truth, I would have bought anyway as I have done all the other expansions so far but  :sorry:.... I cannot deny I felt disappointed when I saw the exclusion zone.

However, let´s be positive here. I think now you have the means to do it, right? So, let's call the whole thing off :friends: and give it to the community. :gamer:

;)

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan
  • Upvote 1

Simply because I didn't get in before the lock. 

Mr. Williams is absolutely correct that there is no "you owe us" about it. 

The Battle for Moscow never reached Moscow and any East to West overflights that may have happened aren't really necessary to make the campaign a 'better' experience.  

That said, I absolutely would pay for just the map sectors that cover Moscow to be officially released.  The reason: Just to have it.  

• Like 1

Attack me again and you're banned.

Jason

• Haha 1

Sorry, some comments in that thread were out of line and no, the customer is sadly not always right. We take too much abuse from users. I don't owe anyone a Moscow you can fly over. We never promised that. I already extended a courtesy by not taking down your mod or your thread or banning you for your comments attacking me personally above. You want respect as a consumer, we deserve respect as the creator. The street goes both ways. With regards to the Moscow map, it works as designed and promised long ago. Read my comments at the top of this section about our mods policy and the forum rules before attacking me again. Mods are a courtesy from us and you can thank me for even allowing them, so don't start with me.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Only few  remarks:

1. Criticism always help a product development.

2.  If you don't like a comment, clear that comment and not the entire topic.

3. My Mod is probably the result of an error of yours. It's not my fault, that' s sure.

4. People are intelligent and able to judge who's the bossy is in this affair.

Free to ban me.... I will survive.

🤑

• Sad 1

What was said was not criticism. I said nothing about your work, only someone else's jerky comments to the team. But clearly I've unearthed someone who cannot see anything from our perspective and instead of asking me what happened you attack me personally. And I did not delete your thread, only closed it to decide what to do with it. I usually hide it, but since I thought people wanted your mod I kept it open. You're being the unreasonable one. 

Jason

• Like 1

I discovered how to do this ages ago but figured I wouldn't release it as it probably wouldn't be allowed.

Since the mod hasn't been deleted, does this mean you wont lock down editing stuff in /swf? Its really useful for map making/editing.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Come people make peace here. We all have in common that we love this sim.

Yesterday for instance, I tried the VR with IL2 and DCS and .... I cannot describe with words how amazing it was. No doubt it is the future....

My point is that we all want the sim to move towards. I've never made an ill intended comment in this forum. But I honestly think that Moscow city should be included in the sim. Don't I have the right to say so? I never said anything about money. My 'owe us' was not in that direction, but in the intentions or willing to do it. I would also pay for it if necessary.

It is true that German land units never set foot in the city but .... Moscow was attacked and bombed from the air and there were some air fights over the city. Why not to recreate this chapter of the war as well?

Please, don't let this situation snowball. Work together in the same direction. I do not see any need to close this debate or ban anyone for expressing his views.

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I fully agree with Jason. Besides it's their (IL*2 crew's) ball game, they call the shots, and what they produced so far is quite amazing, and a bit of a 'take it or leave it' from their point of view is quite logic. Any wishes or criticisms anyone has displayed so far i feel are usually met and answered correctly. Try a company like Microsoft for that; you''ll go nuts.

One particular reason why i like this whole community is the willingness to help one another to solve a problem, either by buying clients like me or input from the crew ...

Now i am going to quit moralizing and get me a nice Belgian beer, and think some more about buying Flying Circus already. BTW Mr J; why is it called vol1?

Well look on the bright side - here in the west we can simulate bombing any city of our we want and it not seem like a betrayal or insult to our countries.

Count your blessings guys and move on!

10 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Well look on the bright side - here in the west we can simulate bombing any city of our we want and it not seem like a betrayal or insult to our countries.

Count your blessings guys and move on!

Moscow being out of bounds for the map has absolutely nothing to do with insulting a country. 

I like the opportunity to fly over Moscow that removing the no fly thing allows, the team said all along the detail was reduced and to be honest it looks okay as it is so maybe it could be coded into the sim and allowed by the team as a option the player can use.;)

Once you go and have a look at the city it is not something you do on a regular basis, however, it adds tremendously to mission enjoyment when you are not confronted with the no fly ban just because you strayed a little too far.

Maybe one day Jason and the team will release a SDK and those of us that dabble with 3d can actually make more detailed buildings for the company map builders to add to Moscow in their patches, they could decide whether adding those things played havoc with the FPS and only add  enough objects to keep things within certain limits, just a thought.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Moscow being out of bounds for the map has absolutely nothing to do with insulting a country. 

Maybe he missed the bit where you can fly over the burnt-out husk of a particular Russian city on the Volga named after their WWII-era leader?

/why did Stalingrad get overrun?
/That's no one's business but the huuuuunnnnnnsss

• Haha 2