Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
-=[]=-little-Guardian

Is anyone using OpenComposite with the NON-Steam version ?

Recommended Posts

As the title says:   Is anyone using OpenComposite with the NON-Steam version ?

 

I am using the "normal" version of the game. I installed open Composite exactly as instructed, but when starting the game only Oculus home opens  . . . and then nothing.

Is OpenComposite only meant for the Steam version of the game? I searched, but couldn't find anything about that case in the www. Does it only hook when you start the game via Steam?

 

It could be interesting, because the moment that SteamVR starts in the background, my graphic card jumps to 95% without Il2 having even started yet . . .  (I have no clue why)

 

Thank you for any help

 

the little Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Open Composite works just fine with the non-Steam IL-2, and I heartily recommend it as it really helps performance with the Rift.

Yes, Oculus Home will start that is normal.

After installing Open Composite, you need to change the configuration in the settings for Open Composite to use it rather than Steam VR.

This is what your Open Composite Runtime switcher should look like when selected properly:

FACUnYM.jpg

 

Once you have done this, and with VR selected in IL-2, all you should have to do is launch IL-2 .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, -=[]=-little-Guardian said:

 

Thank you DBurne, I will check again if I can find what I'm doing wrong . . .

 

Good luck, be sure you have downloaded the full installer package from Open Composite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hi again DBurne

I downloaded the full installer . . . I previously had the set of dlls for single game installation.

 

Installed it and Hooray it works! No more SteamVR_BS

 

Thanks again for your advice. I already had HomelessOculus installed. Together with OpenComposite . . . I guess that's the best setup I can have currently.  :-)

FPS are back in the 85 to 90s again - even in furball 8 against 8. That's quite a relief after I was going mad with endless stutters for almost three months now.

 

Gretings  the little Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, -=[]=-little-Guardian said:

 

Hi again DBurne

I downloaded the full installer . . . I previously had the set of dlls for single game installation.

 

Installed it and Hooray it works! No more SteamVR_BS

 

Thanks again for your advice. I already had HomelessOculus installed. Together with OpenComposite . . . I guess that's the best setup I can have currently.  🙂

FPS are back in the 85 to 90s again - even in furball 8 against 8. That's quite a relief after I was going mad with endless stutters for almost three months now.

 

Gretings  the little Guardian

 

:good:

 

Glad it helped, have fun!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried this on my rift CV1 but while the sun ran and gave vr like output to the screen monitor, the headset never switched away from the room thing to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, schurem said:

I tried this on my rift CV1 but while the sun ran and gave vr like output to the screen monitor, the headset never switched away from the room thing to the game.

 

Keep trying.  Not having to use Steam VR is a huge bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a brief break (about a month) from IL-2, I resumed my PWCG campaign earlier today.

I found my performance had taken a big hit.  Previously I was at 75-80 fps the bulk of the time including taxiing to runway and taking off. Now I was in the 50-60 fps range while taxiing to runway and taking off, with some dips down to 40 fps. 

In the air it was better , but not what I was used to getting.

 

Then it dawned on me - I had been using Open Composite but had switched to Steam VR for another game earlier, and had forgot to switch back to Open Composite.

So I got it switched back, and boom I had the great performance I had been getting once again.

There is a nice difference with Open Composite for the Rift or Rift S with IL-2, at least for me anyway.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dburne said:

After a brief break (about a month) from IL-2, I resumed my PWCG campaign earlier today.

I found my performance had taken a big hit.  Previously I was at 75-80 fps the bulk of the time including taxiing to runway and taking off. Now I was in the 50-60 fps range while taxiing to runway and taking off, with some dips down to 40 fps. 

In the air it was better , but not what I was used to getting.

 

Then it dawned on me - I had been using Open Composite but had switched to Steam VR for another game earlier, and had forgot to switch back to Open Composite.

So I got it switched back, and boom I had the great performance I had been getting once again.

There is a nice difference with Open Composite for the Rift or Rift S with IL-2, at least for me anyway.

 

I have to agree, Open Composite is a revelation for running IL2. Don't mention the 80fps to much around here, you'll be told it's impossible to achieve 😂 lol

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny I've yet to see any evidence at all of people running ultra settings and a full framerate at all times like you guys so enjoy claiming. Put up or shut up. The game runs fine at medium or low presets, nobodies arguing that.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...