Jump to content
HBB*Hunger

Repeat translator media does not work! Help needed! [SOLVED!]

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello again guys!

 

I'm encountering a new, strange problem in my "free hunt" missions, wich I am not able to explain right now. Maybe you guys have a hint on what I am actually doing wrong here. 

The funktion I'm showing you here checks every 3,5 minutes, if a specific type of group gets close to "checkzone area mcu". It then triggers a text message as well as a radio call (Enemy observer in Sector XYZ). However, only the text message gets repeated as soon as the system is active again, but not the audio message. Thats strange, since the checkzone area MUST have been triggered correctly then.  Any ideas?

ncAOJ26.jpg

 

 

thank you for your help!

Edited by HBB*Hunger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Try this:

  • Delete 2s timer on right
  • Target link checker to deactivate (leave the opposite target link in place)
  • Target link reactivate to checker
  • Delete target link from reactivate to 1s timer (reactivating the timer does not trigger it)
  • (Optional) Delete 1s timers at the bottom and target link the checker to the subtitle and media translator.
Edited by JimTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JimTM said:

Try this:

  • Delete 2s timer on right
  • Target link checker to deactivate (leave the opposite target link in place)
  • Target link reactivate to checker
  • Delete target link from reactivate to 1s timer (reactivating the timer does not trigger it)
  • (Optional) Delete 1s timers at the bottom and target link the checker to the subtitle and media translator.

 

Understand and will try it out and keep you posted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure that checker is target linked to the 3m 30s timer. Your diagram did not make sense to me because there is no arrow showing a link from checker to the 3m 30s timer. I'm guessing that the link is from the 2s timer to the 3m 30s timer, but it's very hard to see (which is why you should move MCUs slightly so links like this are easy to see).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JimTM said:

Make sure that checker is target linked to the 3m 30s timer. Your diagram did not make sense to me because there is no arrow showing a link from checker to the 3m 30s timer. I'm guessing that the link is from the 2s timer to the 3m 30s timer, but it's very hard to see (which is why you should move MCUs slightly so links like this are easy to see).

 

You are right, the reactivation timer is triggered when the 2s timer has fired. Sorry, didnt want to confuse you. I always use a lot of timers and never had any problems. Very strange. 

The very strange thing is, that the text message gets triggered correctly, even if its target linked from the same checker as the audiomessage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, that hasnt been the solution. 

Has anything changed ragarding the media translator since the last patch? The media translator is the only one, wich gets not repeated correctly, everything else does. Or did I miss something completely?

 

m6dpLqj.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you need to use Media Operator "Stop Media" after Play Sound

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BlackSix said:

I guess you need to use Media Operator "Stop Media" after Play Sound

 

I will try it out! Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Salutations,

 

For what it is worth… during my single player mission building, I find that I can't use the same media file more than once in a mission. It simply will not play again. The limitation seems built in.

 

I produced a workaround by slightly renaming the file with the same audio. That works but is not ideal.

 

I have also noted that after any media voice file is used I can no longer use the game speed settings. I wonder why that is? :umnik2:

Edited by Thad
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thad, @BlackSix, the "media translator - stop media" was indeed the solution! Works like a charm now! Thank you guys!

 

n5x1ytR.jpg

 

 

Tested;

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thad said:

I have also noted that after any media voice file is used I can no longer use the game speed settings. I wonder why that is? :umnik2:

Set Stop Media and you'll be able to use the game speed settings after any media file.

Untitled-1.jpg.62eae01b8e8c11911bfddece4f9b9099.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. That will make mission testing a bit easier. :salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...