Sign in to follow this  
B12

The passion of WW1 aviation warfare

Difficult one this, hope its allowed!

Honestly, WW1 aviation is my thing, loved Rise of Flight, delighted we have Flying Circus, but its so unfocused just now its exasperating waiting for some real content.

While we wait for some news, lets discuss our passion of WW1 aviation warfare.

Why do you like this over other era's? for me its a deep passion, even goes as far as reading on the subject and also building 1/32 scale models of the Kits i hope to fly in a meaningful non air quake way, this franchise deserves more than just maybe's if it sells well enough, its was same price as the rest in series!

Anyway ... gotta keep my blood pressure down :)

Here are some WW1 1/32 kits i intend to build soon, just wish more of the budget was aimed at FC vol 1 and more ... its all I'm really here for to be honest, boght all thje rest of the series and add ons. just hope we get more WW1 love soon!

dmGL8Rn.jpg

• Like 3

The Wingnut kits are outstanding.  I'm definitely more WWII-centric, but the WWI pilots seemed to have a different aura about them, as if the were true knights of the air.

I'm certainly passionate enough about WWI aviation.  Mostly for the aircraft themselves and how they were almost contrapted rather than constructed.  The colours, the variety. 

I don't have FC yet, but I was all in for Rise of Flight even before it had that name.  I cant say I own any of those beautiful wingnut kits, but I do channel some of that passion into scratch building some of my own in the much smaller scale of 1/144.

4S9Uh13.jpg

• Like 5

1/144.

That is incredible, FIV. 

How the hell do you rig them, nano bots?

That is outstanding in that very small scale Feathered, amazing, would love to see more of your build if you document it elsewhere?

Hi B12.  There's a thread in the Free Subject section of the forum titled Model Pilot.  There's a whole heap of builds over there for you to look at by different makers.  The Fe2 starts off at around page 17 or 18. ;)

Thanks feathered, gonna check it out, apart from my previously posted WnW kits, this has arrived today, The WnW Dolphin.

ttbHjpC.jpg

I have a few models myself I wanna make but I never seem to get around to doing it.