-332nd-GSP_Hund

Will we ever get the Bf109G-14/AS ?

Posted (edited)

This was a later version of the G14 with the K4 smooth engine cowlings and the DB605D 2000HP engine, will we get this version?  Just wondering, not much to mod for this version with regard to graphics.  Produced from July 1944 onwards for a total of total number 1373 produced, reference:  http://falkeeins.blogspot.com/2010/01/bf-109-g-14-as.html

Edited by GSP_Hund

The G-14/AS used a DB 605 AS or ASM engine compared to the standard G-14's A or AM. The DB 605 D and its different versions was only ever used on the G-10 and K-4.

6 minutes ago, PainGod85 said:

The G-14/AS used a DB 605 AS or ASM engine compared to the standard G-14's A or AM. The DB 605 D and its different versions was only ever used on the G-10 and K-4.

Late G-14/AS (cc. Late 1944/1945) was equipped with the DB 605ASB/ASC. This was apparantly a hybrid A / D series engine with equivalent ratings to the 605D (i.e. 1,8 ata for 1850 PS, 1,98 ata for 2000 PS).

There also appears have been an interim 1,9 ata rating used in December 1944 for /AS versions.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes please and thank you.

would also love to see G6/AS, G/10 AND G10/AS.

40 minutes ago, CUJO_1970 said:

Yes please and thank you.

would also love to see G6/AS, G/10 AND G10/AS.

I still would like to know what the actual difference between a G14/AS and a G10/AS would have been. Anyone with any details?

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, sevenless said:

I still would like to know what the actual difference between a G14/AS and a G10/AS would have been. Anyone with any details?

Wheter the G-10/AS even existed is up to hot debate.. I haven't followed those discussions with much interest, but my impression is that the G-10/AS either did not existed or only in very limited numbers. Also in practice, the difference between contemporary AS and D engines was very marginal, both having the same supercharger and very similar power outputs. The practical difference between a G-6/AS, G-14/AS and G-10 are quite marginal, mostly cosmetic stuff like different covers or wheels. 

I would guess that if any, the difference would be found some not very interesting internal components, as the G-10 used a lot of systems from the 109K, such as a higher capacity power generator.. G-10 was basically just a hybrid with K-4 engine and some compents fitted in a G airframe.. . The G-14 was little more than a 'standardized late G-6'. The rationale being that airframe assemblies could use old jigs for the Gustav airframe without delays and produce a near K variant, with the same engine and power componts that was produced for the K series. Easier production and easier maintaince for the grounds crews, since many units used a mix of G-14s/G-10s/K-4s late in the war. 

Personally I think that the addition of a G-14/AS (with the early ASM engine used for most of 1944) would be the most practical, as an interim between the G-14 and the K-4, since it was very common in late 1944 in the West, including the Bodenplatte operation, and could be used for just about any scenario between April 1944 - April 1945.

A G-10 would be practically the same aircraft, at best interesting as a collector for a late war Eastern Front or Italy scenario, with the same DB or DC engine options as the K (as a matter of fact the DB and DC are just different designations, not a 'mod' for the same 605D engine, that historically just indicate the max. boost pressure setting it happened to run at).

Edited by VO101Kurfurst
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why. We already have K4. Better ad as a collector Ta-152 instead if Germany needs and high alt plane. Thats better that a G14/AS. Even G10

AS Variants should be added ln 1943 maps on G6 on a next module. 

I concur that performance wise, we already have the K-4 which has similar performance at altitude (a bit faster, but also a bit heavier). The G-14/AS has 'only' historical significance, since it was one of the, if not most numerous 109 type in late (in big mix of other types). It's odd that it is not present.

However AS variants only arrived in spring of 1944 on the Western front. Production only started in the last weeks of 1943.

4 hours ago, VO101Kurfurst said:

Wheter the G-10/AS even existed is up to hot debate.. I haven't followed those discussions with much interest, but my impression is that the G-10/AS either did not existed or only in very limited numbers. Also in practice, the difference between contemporary AS and D engines was very marginal, both having the same supercharger and very similar power outputs. The practical difference between a G-6/AS, G-14/AS and G-10 are quite marginal, mostly cosmetic stuff like different covers or wheels. 

I would guess that if any, the difference would be found some not very interesting internal components, as the G-10 used a lot of systems from the 109K, such as a higher capacity power generator.. G-10 was basically just a hybrid with K-4 engine and some compents fitted in a G airframe.. . The G-14 was little more than a 'standardized late G-6'. The rationale being that airframe assemblies could use old jigs for the Gustav airframe without delays and produce a near K variant, with the same engine and power componts that was produced for the K series. Easier production and easier maintaince for the grounds crews, since many units used a mix of G-14s/G-10s/K-4s late in the war. 

Personally I think that the addition of a G-14/AS (with the early ASM engine used for most of 1944) would be the most practical, as an interim between the G-14 and the K-4, since it was very common in late 1944 in the West, including the Bodenplatte operation, and could be used for just about any scenario between April 1944 - April 1945.

A G-10 would be practically the same aircraft, at best interesting as a collector for a late war Eastern Front or Italy scenario, with the same DB or DC engine options as the K (as a matter of fact the DB and DC are just different designations, not a 'mod' for the same 605D engine, that historically just indicate the max. boost pressure setting it happened to run at).

This is all the reason I need.

More 109s please, with extra salt. More, more, MAORRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Haha 1

The G-14/AS is important because it participated in high numbers during the Bodenplatte attack, and while it had good performance at high altitude it was at a compromise of low altitude speed, unlike the K-4, so the players of the /AS variants would need to be careful of not getting dragged down at low altitudes where it would be difficult to escape from the allied planes.

They also look quite good imho ^^ rather similar to the G-10

The 109 JGs had 610 a/c on hand of which 401 were capable of operations. 118 G-14/AS participated (19% of 109s).

Having the engine upgrade of the K4 for the G-14/AS and smoother cover for less drag sounds like a great modification for the current G-14.  

The 109G14 we have in game is a "super" fighter as it is, but please give us that extra HP of the DB505D, with this weapon we shall roll over the allies!  Seriously, that mod/version would be great to have in game, so DEVs please give us one more 109 please!

as.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2019 at 10:04 PM, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

The G-14/AS is important because it participated in high numbers during the Bodenplatte attack, and while it had good performance at high altitude it was at a compromise of low altitude speed, unlike the K-4, so the players of the /AS variants would need to be careful of not getting dragged down at low altitudes where it would be difficult to escape from the allied planes.

IIRC the G14/AS used the DB605ASM, therefore didn´t suffer from low alt performance as the G6/AS with its DB605AS.

The AS has these issues due to the bigger supercharger increasing excess heat in the supercharged air, which would partly be offset with MW50.

On 7/1/2019 at 10:04 PM, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

They also look quite good imho ^^ rather similar to the G-10

Agree on that one

So yeah, I´d love the G14/AS but tbh I´d like 150 octane for the Spit Mk IX even more.

Can´t do shit with it against good K4 and D9 pilots, you have to rely on them making mistakes.

Edited by So_ein_Feuerball

1 hour ago, GSP_Hund said:

The 109G14 we have in game is a "super" fighter as it is, but please give us that extra HP of the DB505D, with this weapon we shall roll over the allies!  Seriously, that mod/version would be great to have in game, so DEVs please give us one more 109 please!

As a convinced Me 109 nut I agree. Give us a collector item with the 3D-model of the late 109 G6/AS to rule them all. With that 3D-model it would be possible to have G6/AS, G14/AS and G10 (/AS) with plane specific engine mods. So to speak: Buy one and get three (FOUR?) for free. Sounds like a good deal for everyone 🙂

1 hour ago, So_ein_Feuerball said:

IIRC the G14/AS used the DB605ASM, therefore didn´t suffer from low alt performance as the G6/AS with its DB605AS.

The AS has these issues due to the bigger supercharger increasing excess heat in the supercharged air, which would partly be offset with MW50.

I meant in relative terms, the ASM had much better performance at low altitude than the AS thanks to the increased boost, but it was still less power than the AM and DB. The G-14/AS is one of the slower LW fighters at low altitude, similar speed to the P-38 and P-47 in game, so unlike a K-4 for example it wouldn't be able to reliably run away.

At this point in time how many 109's are left to make?

...and how many do we already have is another thought?

On 7/3/2019 at 5:18 PM, Pict said:

A lot.

And not enough.

• Upvote 2

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:18 PM, Pict said:

"At the point in time when 109s can pass through the interdimensional walls. When the screaming of hydraulically driven superchargers takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time, all beings stuck in a neverending life and death cycle as Mineshells recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession. No one is able to think about anything but the sheer force of the 109s rapidly flying literally everywhere in the materium turning the warp itself into nothing but a sea of methanol.. Then there will be enough 109. Or, at least almost."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, So_ein_Feuerball said:

A lot.

And not enough.

Would you settle for a whole new study sim called Bf-109 Thesimofit ?, where other aircraft are not the focal point :) 

30 minutes ago, VO101Kurfurst said:

"At the point in time when 109s can pass through the interdimensional walls. When the screaming of hydraulically driven superchargers takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time, all beings stuck in a neverending life and death cycle as Mineshells recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession. No one is able to think about anything but the sheer force of the 109s rapidly flying literally everywhere in the materium turning the warp itself into nothing but a sea of methanol.. Then there will be enough 109. Or, at least almost."

If you wrote that yourself, I guess the answer is probably :)