Sign in to follow this  
BadBud

Me262 and Toe Breaks

Is it possible to set up toe breaks on rudder pedals for the Me262? if so.....................how. So far, no joy here.

Thanks,

BadBud

Yes,  it works the same way it does with all other planes that have individual breaks for each side.

The difference might be that the 262 is not as responsive, and if the front wheel is turned too far towards one of the sides, it's harder to straighten back the plane.

Its also equipped with a nose wheel brake, it won't act with only toe brakes, you'll have to put it on another axis or button.  Got it on a virpil brake lever axis bound, works pretty slick to help stop, you can tell when the nose brake is pressed, the little handle on the lower left dash will move. 

Yes, I have right and left breaks programmed to buttons and a button programmed for all wheel breaks, but would rather be able to program toe breaks on my rudder pedals. Is this possible?

BadBud 

Yes, you can program left brake, right brake, and wheel brakes which is all including nose to any axis you have available, as long as your controller is seen by the game.  Click like you are binding a key, than move the axis you want to use back and forth until its recognized.  If it's backwards you can try moving it from the opposite side in a re bind attempt, or invert it with the setting option.

Thanks for the help. Still no joy. Toe breaks axis are recognized for me for some reason. Will rely on button press as programmed.

BadBud

Posted (edited)

Are your toe brakes working on other planes?

Anyway, I think this is a bug that with some devices you cannot bind rudder axis in game.

Go into your game folder \data\input

In the following files you should find:

current.actions

rpc_wheel_brakes_left,                            joy2_axis_x,                                      0|
rpc_wheel_brakes_right,                           joy2_axis_y,                                      0|

current.map

action("rpc_wheel_brakes_left_p","State","joy2_axis_x");
action("rpc_wheel_brakes_right_p","State","joy2_axis_y");

Where joy2 is the number of the rudder device in my case. So just try putting whatever number you have for your rudder (you can check that in the devices.txt in the same folder).

Edited by Mmaruda

It seems to be an old bug, because I remember having to do this... IDK more than a year ago, though it definitely worked at some point. I tested it today and I still cannot assign rudder axis for toe brakes. Good that remembered it and always do backups of joystick configs. I use the Saitek Combat Pros BTW.

Still might be worth bringing this to devs' attention. Or at least have someone sticky the solution some place.

• Upvote 1

Quick update, just for knowledge sake. I did some testing. It appears to have nothing to do with rudder pedal. I think the problem started when they updated the game, so that it ids the controllers by their guid and assigns them as joy_0, joy_1 etc and then bases the control map around those definitions. This means that when you windows device order changes, IL-2 will still keep your bindings intact, but for some reason x and y axis cannot be assigned to toe brakes. I tested it by trying to assign joystick and throttle slew to it and it didn't work as well.