Sign in to follow this  
ATAG_Pattle

TFS Developer Update 30 June, 2019 - Martlet and new sounds.

Here is an expanded look at one of the new flyable aircraft for IL-2 Cliffs of Dover, the Martlet.

Also showcasing new sounds and the new theater, North Africa.

A more in depth look at the Martlet will be released in the near future.

The North Africa map is still in Alpha. It does not include the new cloud systems and weather, or other details such as rock formations or rocky abuttments, distance views, etc. etc. which will be seen in the final version.

Cheers,

Pattle

• Like 7
  • Upvote 6

I love the way planes crash into the ground :pilot:

• Like 1

Awesome, really looking forward to the desert and all that comes with it.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Like 1

Did they just show us an AI plane crashing for no reason?

• Upvote 1

Very good video indeed.  External engine sounds very convincing:salute:  

More of the same please.

And some more writing too.  Anything you like as long as it includes actual information and avoids the use of the word 'awesome'.

34 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

That's what I saw too? 

Sounds are very good and the aircraft crashes aren't too shabby either!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Can you tell me what game having adequate AI that involves CFS 

2 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

2 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

That's what I saw too? 

I had shot up the AI before that, so that bird was wounded. Plus I figured it was nice to see the new effects and the sand/dust color that we are messing around with with the planes hitting the ground. The AI work is still being worked on and improved. And to be fair to the AI, I nearly crashed myself there. 😀

Also, the spinning prop and prop textures are placeholders from another aircraft. The Martlet ones are finished now and will be imported on the next import. 

• Thanks 2

The first time I saw that vid I had a laugh about how close you were to going in! 😀

Great video's Spiritus  (Vb and Martlet).  Thanks for making them mate.

Looking good guys. Amazing new pics of the map, Spitfire and Martlet. 10/10 on both vids, and 10/10 on the Martlet video released the day after the Spitfire. Right on!! Hopefully we can see something else showcased in the next day our two. This so worth waiting for.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I made a comparison between TFS WiP and real audio. I like the approach sound but the 'passed' sound is really missing that gutteral thump as the aircraft carves through the air.
I put together a comparison. First one is TFS WiP, next is real audio flyby and then I overlaid the real audio on the TFS footage. I really hope TFS can add the 'passed' audio effects as it makes the Martlet sound very powerful?

1 hour ago, Mysticpuma said:

I made a comparison between TFS WiP and real audio. I like the approach sound but the 'passed' sound is really missing that gutteral thump as the aircraft carves through the air.
I put together a comparison. First one is TFS WiP, next is real audio flyby and then I overlaid the real audio on the TFS footage. I really hope TFS can add the 'passed' audio effects as it makes the Martlet sound very powerful?

The clip you are showing is from an FM-2 which is powered by the Wright Cyclone R-1820 9 cylinder engine, whereas our Martlet is powered by a Pratt and Whitney R-1830 14 cylinder engine. Both have similar displacement in Cubic Inches/CC's, but each sounds quite different.

The Pratt and Whitney has more, but smaller cylinders... so the firing impulses are quieter but closer together... which gives a smoother quality. The Cyclone has larger cylinders, but fewer in number so the firing impulses are louder but separated audibly more so... so it is more ragged and staccato. If you want a real life comparison, think of the differences between a old style American V8 and a BMW or Mercedes V12. (and the aircraft engine comparison would be more so)

It is always a good idea to check your sources and research carefully before posting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1