Hi everyone,

I recently used a raise to acquire a Dell Visor mixed reality headset. I'm new to all this vr-stuff. 

I can - and from what I read should - fit headphones to the headset. My question now is: what do I have to look out for? 

I know the better it's noise cancelling, the greater the immersion. But do I need 5.1/7.1 surround sound or will any stereo headphone do the job?

Anything else I have to watch out for?

2 hours ago, Eisenfaustus said:

Hi everyone,

I recently used a raise to acquire a Dell Visor mixed reality headset. I'm new to all this vr-stuff. 

I can - and from what I read should - fit headphones to the headset. My question now is: what do I have to look out for? 

I know the better it's noise cancelling, the greater the immersion. But do I need 5.1/7.1 surround sound or will any stereo headphone do the job?

Anything else I have to watch out for?

I got the "HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset - 7.1 Surround Sound", they have a hardware built-in stereo 'spreader' and I can tell you that even though it's a pseudo 5.1/7.1 it definitely adds something extra to the VR immersion. Twin engine bombers sound much better in the wider stereo this unit provides. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever go back to regular stereo now..