Han

Developer Diary 225 - Discussion

Yes, the corner. The edge of the screen, not the center of it. The „check six“ position on the vertical is looking along your lift vector. It is more up than aft.  At Hollmann you do this at 6 gs for the T38 and normal forward position at 7.5. You can simulate this in a chair without moving your body. Aircraft with roomy cockpits at lower g forces the pilot could turn around in his seat, so they could even model those factors in. A 109e will be a bit different than a p47.

Lol I hurt my neck watching youtube vids when I forget im not playing. Trust me when this comes in there will be some sore necks lol

33 minutes ago, mazuki said:

The addition of a pilot fatigue system is much needed. People abuse the current system all the time. Yanking the stick around like madmen. They regularly pull maneuvers in multiplayer that would get them killed IRL. 

If negative G-forces exceed about two or three Gs, then the increased blood in the head can cause burst blood vessels. This commonly happens in either the eyes or the brain as the vessels are overloaded by the extra blood being forced through them. This can lead to permanent blindness or brain damage.

Agreed feels way unrealistic when dogfighting the pilots that take advantage of this and abuse the system.

Its not the pilot's fault though, but kind of ruins immersion, this , PWCG and the improved AI is the reason I am back to single player, where you dont see this kind of super human maneuvers by the AI.

Hello. Great to see everything progressing so well.

I realise that they are WIP but might I point out some important errors in the depiction of the British infantrymen? The Mk IV/V GSR (General Service Respirator) in the chest satchel was not used after 1943. They should have the MK II light assault respirator in a small green case on their hip or at the rear of the belt. Everyone in all arms of service had been issued with these by late summer of 1944. 

The blanco on the webbing is also the wrong colour for late war. It should be Khaki-Green No. 3 (closer to the colour of the field jacket worn by the American at far right.) The helmet will also need at least a cam net.