Jason_Williams

Summer Sale EXTENDED to July 15th! Website Only

Posted (edited)

Next update July 9th then. :salute::ph34r:

Edited by Bullets

2 minutes ago, ST_ami7b5 said:

OK, I promise I will never pre-order again :)

What's that supposed to mean? Has nothing to do with pre-orders.

Jason

I would buy something but I have everything already! 😅 So let's spread the word!

8 minutes ago, LF_Gallahad said:

I would buy something but I have everything already! 😅 So let's spread the word!

and crash Steam in the proces!!

Posted (edited)

Since I already have everything, and not new to buy (new maps for example), I feel excluded from this ad and feel discriminated against.:rtfm::P

Edited by namhee2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hurrah for the sale!

I think I'm going to pick up all the campaigns as i just played the free one recently and enjoyed it. My internet is poor so i keep getting kicked from multiplayer and feel like I am stuck with SP until i get a better connection.

I already have BOM/BOS/BOK/BOBP/TC (Just missing FC).  I am interested in some collector planes, any recommendations? I already have the Kuban collectors planes but am missing all others. I would buy them all if i could afford them but i think i will pick up 2 or 3 now and maybe the rest at a later date.  looking forward to your suggestions.

47 minutes ago, itsbillyfrazier said:

any recommendations?

Duck is fun!

U-2VS looks fun as well!

• Thanks 1

While I don't have much disposable income right now, there are several items I am interested in and I will scrounge up some money to purchase one and support the development and great work in this sim series.

Reminders to all, that purchasing directly from 1C is far better than steam purchases (sale on there as well) - as the developers get the entire cut here vs. steam.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LF_Gallahad said:

You can gift if you want spend money! :biggrin:

4 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

What's that supposed to mean? Has nothing to do with pre-orders.

Jason

Sounds like pre-order is expensive and few months later he will see 50% off.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

...um, I am not sure that you have your timing correct at all, LOL. From pre-order to 50% sale has been many many months. For Kuban it has been I think at least a year and a half or so (perhaps more). So to delay pre-order (which is a 10% savings) thinking it will be 50% off soon is entirely erroneous. Bodenplatte will be quite some time after it has been fully released before it hits a 50% off mark. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

Kuban early acces started dec 2016 so its 2,5years till its 50% off, that good time diff and you get it for 10$ off price, and even if you look at fully relised its more then year and few months passed. So if for example you expect BoBp at 50% off, and we use kuban as example then its almost 2 years from now, thats 2 years of playing with bobp airplanes insted waiting for 50% off.

What they have with offten sales is great deal, keep them coming, and if you got something on premium price you had time to play with that more then guy just coming to game or waiting to get dlc he dosent like for discounted price, maybe ami7b5 was just showing of his premium badges to us discount hunters :) 

23 minutes ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

Nope. BoK was released 3/18 and is now, for the first time at 50%. That time alone from early access release (2.006 at 12/16) until 3/18 was worth the money, let alone the full product.

• Upvote 3

Sweet I might get the u2 and the g6, the only planes I don't have

Posted (edited)

Well I just got FC and the 109 G6 for Father's Day but since FC is not on sale I don't feel too bad, all money well spent!

I'm a bit light on Russian fighter collector planes, so the big question is.... Yak-1B or LA-5FN? 

I know, "why not both" but opinions anyone?

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Redwo1f said:

...um, I am not sure that you have your timing correct at all, LOL. From pre-order to 50% sale has been many many months. For Kuban it has been I think at least a year and a half or so (perhaps more). So to delay pre-order (which is a 10% savings) thinking it will be 50% off soon is entirely erroneous. Bodenplatte will be quite some time after it has been fully released before it hits a 50% off mark. 

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

Kuban early acces started dec 2016 so its 2,5years till its 50% off, that good time diff and you get it for 10$ off price, and even if you look at fully relised its more then year and few months passed. So if for example you expect BoBp at 50% off, and we use kuban as example then its almost 2 years from now, thats 2 years of playing with bobp airplanes insted waiting for 50% off.

What they have with offten sales is great deal, keep them coming, and if you got something on premium price you had time to play with that more then guy just coming to game or waiting to get dlc he dosent like for discounted price, maybe ami7b5 was just showing of his premium badges to us discount hunters :) 

1 hour ago, sevenless said:

Nope. BoK was released 3/18 and is now, for the first time at 50%. That time alone from early access release (2.006 at 12/16) until 3/18 was worth the money, let alone the full product.

All Collector Planes = 50% Off (Including the U-2VS)

Really wish the Dev diaries would flesh out the way the air Marshall will work and also provide more detail on the new mission types that will be available for multiplayer servers.  I am kind of interested in picking up the JU-52 and the PO-2 but I just can't seem to motivate myself to buy these planes without compelling MP scenarios that involve spotting or cargo delivery for points.  I know FNBF does interesting stuff but the timezone doesn't work for me as I live in the US and work on Friday afternoons.  

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

I think we have a language issue, tbh.

We are NOT taking about collector planes (which there is no pre-orders (there ARE pre-orders on the theaters - which we all are assuming you are referring to based upon what you originally stated) - or I am just confused or we are all mixed up...idek, lol. 😂

..anyways, let's all just be happy and rejoice in a sale! Would have liked to have had the funds to buy more (was looking at the JU-52 & Havoc campaign as well (didn't have the funds) - but I picked up the G-6! 😎

Cheers and happy flying 🤸‍♂️

Edited by Redwo1f

3 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Well I just got FC and the 109 G6 for Father's Day but since FC is not on sale I don't feel too bad, all money well spent!

I'm a bit light on Russian fighter collector planes, so the big question is.... Yak-1B or LA-5FN? 

I know, "why not both" but opinions anyone?

The two are pretty different.

The La-5FN is one of the fastest fighters in the series so far at low and medium altitudes. Very responsive roll rate and a pair of 20mm cannons. A little more complex of an aircraft to employ as its a little less of a turn fighter and more of a boom and zoom type aircraft that uses speed to engage and disengage.

The Yak-1B Series 127 is the best of the Yak series fighters we have in the game. It feels very similar to the Yak-7B in both performance and overall feel although it feels lighter and slightly snappier and it has that bubble canopy which gives extraordinary vision rearward.

Also....

DBcUtoo.jpg

😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Great value all around for the campaigns and the collectors airplane, I have most but for next time i will try to save up for Bodenplatte! :)

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, sevenless said:

oiQRk8q.png

Edited by Geronimo553

8 hours ago, Redwo1f said:

God, hasn't all this been happening for a while?! What's the surprise?

13 hours ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

You can gift if you want spend money! :biggrin:

I can, please lend me the money and I will gift you whatever you want 😅

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

U-2VS looks fun as well

It is fun! 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

ah ok, well im suprised u2 was not 50% of when it was lanched :) not geting that thing even if its 1$, theres more usefule airplanes for this game to be made then u2 ju52 or good forbid c47 insted of them.

Edited by 77.CountZero

17 hours ago, itsbillyfrazier said:

I am interested in some collector planes, any recommendations?

I already have the Kuban collectors planes but am missing all others. I would buy them all if i could afford them but i think i will pick up 2 or 3 now and maybe the rest at a later date. 

Hi guys, my money is starting to burn a hole in my pocket with the Seam sale and I want to pick some things up for il-2 before i blow my budget...

Anyone care to share suggestions on the collector planes? Are any of the collector planes "a must have"?  I like flying 109's so maybe i'll pick up the collector version, . The La-5 sounds interesting too, but i have little experience in Russian planes so far.

In terms of the SP campaigns, anyone got any strong feelings on which one to pick up first?

Many thanks,

Billy

Posted (edited)

ah ok, well im suprised u2 was not 50% of when it was lanched :) not geting that thing even if its 1$, theres more usefule airplanes for this game to be made then u2 ju52 or good forbid c47 insted of them.

U-2VS looks fun but C47 would be much more useful, I agree with you!

1 hour ago, itsbillyfrazier said:

Hi guys, my money is starting to burn a hole in my pocket with the Seam sale and I want to pick some things up for il-2 before i blow my budget...

Anyone care to share suggestions on the collector planes? Are any of the collector planes "a must have"?  I like flying 109's so maybe i'll pick up the collector version, . The La-5 sounds interesting too, but i have little experience in Russian planes so far.

In terms of the SP campaigns, anyone got any strong feelings on which one to pick up first?

Many thanks,

Billy

The BF 109 G6 is a great plane, It's a little slow but is much stable platform with 30mm cannon in the nose (unfortunately it doesn't have Erla canopy (that would be great)).
If you don't have FW190 A3, buy it! One of best fighters in this game!

I don't have Macci, so I can't tell about him.

In Red side, I have Yak 1B - 129 series, it's faster Yak in this game with bubble canopy but isn't a plane for me, the flight style is such turn and burn and I like speed. I bought right now the La5-FN, so, I haven't opinion about him.

Edited by SCG_ErwinP
  • Like 1

im suprised u2 was not 50% of when it was lanched :) not geting that thing even if its 1$, theres more usefule airplanes for this game to be made then u2

25 minutes ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

U-2VS looks fun but C47 would be much more useful, I agree with you!

I don't know what kind of issue you guys have with the U-2, it's a great plane and endless fun to fly.

It serves it's purpose very well. It's not the plane's fault if you judge it by it's survivability against a riot of 109s and 190s in bright sunshine only.

If you concentrate on the fastest planes with biggest guns only, you'll miss a whole lot of fun in this game.

Just saying.

:drinks:

Mike

• Upvote 6

How could you say such heresy about a flying angel as the Ju52!! :o: 

29 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

I don't know what kind of issue you guys have with the U-2, it's a great plane and endless fun to fly.

It serves it's purpose very well. It's not the plane's fault if you judge it by it's survivability against a riot of 109s and 190s in bright sunshine only.

If you concentrate on the fastest planes with biggest guns only, you'll miss a whole lot of fun in this game.

Just saying.

Mike

I didn't disagree with his purpose but that C47 would be more useful such as in TAW campaign as Blue has Ju52.

I see your point, but how does one mission maker's idea on one single multiplayer server mixed with the demand for a new aircraft compare to a completely unrelated plane being on sale right now?

Isn't that slightly off topic in this thread and with it, a little disrespectful towards the team sporting this whole thing?

I know that this wasn't your intention, but that's what it can easily come around like, especially when people jump the gun on such comment like @77.CountZero just did.

I do not wish to offend anybody, I'd just want some of you guys to try to slip into the dev's shoes for a brief period of time and consider what it feels like to them if they have to read such comments on a thread which is just supposed to make customers happy.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I just got the U2, "useful" or not :)

It's a classic plane and I'm pleased to have it as part of my collection! Im glad the devs created it.

Edited by OrLoK
  • Upvote 2

Happy days! Took the opportunity to get a couple of RED collector planes I've been meaning to check out! Great value on the P40 and the Yak1b for me and a German campaign just because it was dirt cheap!

Thanks to 1C-777!

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

Really? In the meantime, we who bought Bodenplatte in preorder will very much enjoy the content all those months. If you can wait then you really arent so passionate about IL2 genre, in general.

BTW, buying preorder you are funding future expansions. At least, if you want them.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Really? In the meantime, we who bought Bodenplatte in preorder will very much enjoy the content all those months. If you can wait then you really arent so passionate about IL2 genre, in general.

BTW, buying preorder you are funding future expansions. At least, if you want them.

I'm not telling about me. I have Bodenplatte since it was announced. I said... sounds like it... and not everyone can spend too much money in a game. People has different jobs and different wages. If it isn't expensive to you, it can be to others.

Posted (edited)

Thanks to the kindness of JUSTPLANECRAZY, now the happy owner of Havoc Over Kuban and Ju-52!!!!! 😁 Thanks so much!!!

This is really a great community!.

Edited by Redwo1f
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

if team that build u2 is given as next objective to make il-4, tu-2 or yak9t for example then its good job, some extra battle airplane while main team works on dlc airplanes, and u2 was test/training for them.

Edited by 77.CountZero