Sign in to follow this  
the_dudeWG

FC (and VR) First Impressions

Hi, all! I finally upgraded my pc to Windows 10 and reinstalled IL-2 with the intent to do more than just skinning. I picked up an Odyssey+ and have begun my conversion to FC from RoF. Here are some of my first impressions and wonder if others have noticed the same:

1) VR makes flying SO MUCH easier than TrackIR. I haven’t had a rough landing yet and haven’t even bothered to read my airspeed or altitude on approaches. Your depth perception just does it automatically without really thinking. The “feel” is incredible.And although I have an iron stomach, I was caught a bit off guard on my first 90 degree bank. Whoahhh!!!

2) What happened to FFB?!? I have my settings at 100%, but all the forces are really weak. My stick is the MS Sidewinder FFB2 for what it’s worth. 

3) The enemy ai puts up a better fight, but I can’t get any friendly ai to join me. I’d like to see if my old rig can handle a 10 plane furball in quick mission, but all friendly ai RTB as soon as the mission starts. I’ve tried using flight leader commands but it’s all to no avail. 

4) I do love VR, but maybe only for single player. The simple 2x zoom and lower resolution and blurry vision (outside of the sweet spot) actually feels more realistic, like wearing goggles, but I would get my ass handed to me in multiplayer.

5) The FC planes feel way more docile than RoF, even the Dr1, but the Camel and Dr1 speeds ... really? I can’t catch a Camel with a Dvii. If these speeds were correct, Richthofen wouldn’t have even bothered to give chase to May on his final flight.

6) Effects like smoke, fire, bullet strikes and such are really nice in FC. And the first close pass to some trees made me laugh out load with delight! Just awesome!

Overall I’ve only had a few days with it and still haven’t tried the Entente ac yet. I cannot wait to get our map. I’m sure it will be incredible. S!

• Like 2

Hi dude

I play Vr in multiplayer , its great but you need Lefuneste's Mod , gives 10x zoom and color corection(better for spotting).

Follow the things sugested here , this will help alot.

• Thanks 1