I don't think career mode is planned for Volume 1.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pfrances said:

I don't think career mode is planned for Volume 1.

I'm pretty sure it is, but it'll most likely be released when it comes out of early access. Following the same trend as Kuban

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, TheOldCrow said:

I'm pretty sure it is, but it'll most likely be released when it comes out of early access. Following the same trend as Kuban

I just did a search to confirm Carrer mode will be added in a future Volume if Volume 1 sells well enough:

As I mentioned above, getting WW1 up and running again takes a lot of work, so Flying Circus will initially include support for the Quick Mission Builder and our Mission Editor. We will also create and include some custom single-player missions as we near completion of FC and if Volume One proves popular and we move to make future volumes, we will introduce the Pilot Career to FC. And Scripted Campaigns can be built for FC by anyone using our Mission Editor just like in IL-2.

If you are concerned about the Pilot Career, please know this. We can’t support the Pilot Career for FC yet because we are still building support for WW2 and other general features and mission types it needs. Remember, it’s still new tech for the Great Battles series and we have to build this support in-house so we cannot place this task with a third party. We also have to build support for WW1 style missions and this will take time. If we include support for the Pilot Career in say Volume Two of Flying Circus, it will of course become compatible with Volume One. That is the beauty of our one client approach. 

See the following Dev diary 197:

Edited by pfrances
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, TheOldCrow said:

No it won't have a career mode... it has been stated by the devs that it might get one if it sells enough copies to see it in version FC2... for that matter, if it doesn't sell well we might not even see FC2.

The only chance of a career will be if Pat Wilson manages to incorporate his 3rd party version

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I sincerely hope this module does sell well enough to warrant a FC2 with more content, just two more planes and a map to go, hope its been selling well enough so far?

I wonder when we will know if it did sell well enough for FC2? wont be until after the release of the map at the earliest, but how long after, months, a year? The map is still a while off too I think?

Hope Pat Wilson does pull through for us 3rd party FC2 or not.

A staggered release this way might well mean less overall sales though than if it came out with a map at the beginning ... I don't know? I've done my bit by buying FC1 as have all of you here too, as it is I find myself going back to RoF more and more these days for a complete experience, online play is fun of course, but I personally need a bit more than that as I mainly play solo and seek a purpose in FC1 and hopefully 2.

Bought everything for RoF, would do for FC too if I hopefully can.

Fingers crossed here.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Pat Wilson manages to incorporate his 3rd party version 

Pat has recently confirmed in another  recent thread his plans to support FC.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
spell check
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the reply's fliers. It would be great to have a career mode but I'm going to purchase Flying Circus anyway to help add support. Thanks

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Some good news: looks like two seaters are next.  Once they are out I will look into setting up something similar to what I did for BoS - use the western edge of Stalingrad as a map.  Obviously everything transfers to the proper map once it is available.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 6/28/2019 at 9:31 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

Some good news: looks like two seaters are next.  Once they are out I will look into setting up something similar to what I did for BoS - use the western edge of Stalingrad as a map.  Obviously everything transfers to the proper map once it is available.

That is good news indeed Patrick.

Yes, the Entente get their “2-seater” that can outrun anyone who would be bothered to give chase. Should make for some exciting missions. 🙄 If there is a FC2, let’s hope we get a more diverse plane set that can better represent WWI missions. 

• Upvote 1

To me, Flying Circus without a career mode makes little sense as there’s a pretty good one in RoF that’s very similar to the present one in IL-2 GB. I feel that development of FC1 began TOO SOON.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 2:25 PM, Novice-Flyer said:

To me, Flying Circus without a career mode makes little sense as there’s a pretty good one in RoF that’s very similar to the present one in IL-2 GB. I feel that development of FC1 began TOO SOON.

Hopefully we'll get career mode with FC. I've been playing RoF career again and it's great, FC without career is pointless imo unless you play multiplayer.

It's a shame because in many ways WW1 air combat is much more interesting than WW2.

Imo career mode would help improve sales with FC, currently I don't even play it due to there being no real singleplayer content for it and the fact that the online playerbase isn't really present yet.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:31 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

Any news on when this might be available? Currently just sticking with RoF due to there being nothing to do with FC. Having PWCG for FC would definitely be a nice addition.

• Like 2

Its still very Early in development. it is being developed b y 777 Studios and 1C so I'm almost positive it will have a career mode. I would be shocked if it didn't.

49 minutes ago, Lugubrious said:

Its still very Early in development. it is being developed b y 777 Studios and 1C so I'm almost positive it will have a career mode. I would be shocked if it didn't.

As has been mentioned already, there will not be a career mode.  However it might come later in a second volume, depending on sales. 

On 8/9/2019 at 5:00 PM, Legioneod said:

Any news on when this might be available? Currently just sticking with RoF due to there being nothing to do with FC. Having PWCG for FC would definitely be a nice addition.

My first priority is more work on coop, so I will not be doing FC in the very near future.  There are a lot of variables as to when.  I don't know when WWI ground units will be available.  I have Bodenplatte to finish.  And I have to do both the Bodenplatte and the FC maps.  It mostly depends on when 1C drops stuff.  I want to be done with everything by the end of 2019.  

• Like 1