SwallowFire

Can't find the missions generated by PWCG in game

Ok, admittedly I haven't been playing this game for a while. Last weekend I downloaded PWCG 5.1.3 but I couldn't find the generated mission in the game. The mission file is there in the "missions" folder but in game no third-party missions were actually shown. Did I do anything wrong? 

@SwallowFireShould be in the 'Missions' section of your game under the title 'name of the campaign' plus the date of the mission. No PWCG in the mission title. Something like   'Bf 109 campaign 01/10/1941'.

Can you verify that the missions are actually in the missions folder? 

If they are and still not showing in the game then the usual reason is that the mission was created with the player flying a plane that he does not own.  As of many releases ago PWCG is more inclined to produce mixed flights.  If your squadron is flying some planes that you own and some that you do not then you may have been assigned a plane that you do not own.  This can be confirmed on the briefing  chalkboard.

If the above did not produce an answer please zip up the mission and eng file and post them here.

I am guessing, but I'm back to the game thought you didn't own the plane.  Reinstall, get updated planes owned, and the mission works.  Best guess.   If otherwise then I'm clueless but I'm glad it works now.

There is a better fix for this.

Before wiping out the sim, delete Pats.

Reinstall do not start.

Go into Setup, set mission_text_log = 0.

Start sim and get into the main menu.

Exit sim.

Reset mission_text_log  to = 1. Start Pats, sim and my new missions showed up.

I am band new to PW, but if it worked for you show the love and hit "like".

Fang

Restarting the sim is important if ownership of a plane has not yet been confirmed by logging in online.  The mission log thing only tells the game to write text mission logs or not (PWCG needs this to be 1 otherwise it cannot do the AAR) , so I suspect that changing that is not necessary.  

21 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Restarting the sim is important if ownership of a plane has not yet been confirmed by logging in online.  The mission log thing only tells the game to write text mission logs or not (PWCG needs this to be 1 otherwise it cannot do the AAR) , so I suspect that changing that is not necessary.  

I did "Re-own" my aircraft and it didn't work. I tried a few things but all these together worked