Sign in to follow this  
namhee2

The old " Panzer Elite"

Wow - that brings back memories! 

And it's DRM free.   😁

• Haha 1

You cant even compare good old PE and TC - first had multiple campaigns, missions, dozens of tanks, multiple theaters, persistent supply state within campaign etc.

IN TC you can drive few types on 1 small map, and that is that, where are campaigns? Where are other tanks, where are missions, maps, areas... it is empty.

And we are comparing titles form 1999 and 2019!

For 60$ - i expected TONS of more content. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, BigBadVuk said:

IN TC you can drive few types on 1 small map, and that is that, where are campaigns? Where are other tanks, where are missions, maps, areas... it is empty.

And we are comparing titles form 1999 and 2019!

The hell are you talking about? Yes, you are comparing 1999 game with 2019 which is at least stupid. Do you even see how graphic look like? Making any 3D model today take huge amount of time in compare to old low polygon models. Do you have fully animated crews there? They don't even have advanced physics and tons of other details.

Again with that stupid argument "old il2 1946 had more planes!!!1111"

• Upvote 1

Graphic is not that much better, PE on high resolution with mods looks decent even today.

Yes, Il-2 had more content as well ( not just planes).

TC is empty like it is pre alpha build.. Hell even Star Citizen has more content in it.

Your point is?

P.S. i dont care that much about animated crew.. and they are glitchy at best. 

Content is what matters, and TC is loosing against many other titles out there, not just those few i mentioned. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BigBadVuk said:

Graphic is not that much better

87004625.jpg

stst046.jpg

Are you a troll? :rofl:

I  have feeling that you never even read what this game will have in store page. It's called Clash at Prokhorovka, so it shows Prokhorovka map. It said how many tanks it will get and other details. If you did not like it, then why did you even buy it? Just to cry here? And I and probably many others prefers 1 well made tank, higly detailed with animated crews instead of 10 shitty models without interiors.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ec974f2224f9352ca434877bf70f3dcd.png

50 minutes ago, BigBadVuk said:

Your point is?

And my point is, stop comparing old game to new ones in terms of content. It's simply dumb. You don't even need any knowledge about making games to realise that making 3D models in 2019 is much harder and time consuming that it was 20 years ago! You can open Blender and with some training and tutorials easly make tank like in panzer elite. But i can assure you, you won't even come close to modeling tiger like in TC without years of experience and tons of hours of work on it. So don't compare content of old game that could spam tons of vehicles. Not to mention tank interiors that is probably most time consuming part of making tank. Developers of Red Orchestra 2 said that making 1 tank took them 6 months and it was huge ammount of work.

Edited by InProgress
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigBadVuk said:

Graphic is not that much better, PE on high resolution with mods looks decent even today.

Yes, Il-2 had more content as well ( not just planes).

TC is empty like it is pre alpha build.. Hell even Star Citizen has more content in it.

Your point is?

P.S. i dont care that much about animated crew.. and they are glitchy at best. 

Content is what matters, and TC is loosing against many other titles out there, not just those few i mentioned. 

You do realise that TC is currently in early access, right? It’s not finished yet. The developers have said so multiple times.

• Upvote 1

I do not want to argue with my topic, it's just that 20 years ago I had a lot of fun with Panzer Elite. It's just about reviving old memories. It is quite natural that you can not compare both games

387_1000.jpg

Edited by namhee2

19 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

You do realise that TC is currently in early access, right? It’s not finished yet. The developers have said so multiple times.

Sorry buddy , for 70$ this cant be EA, or anything else in that range, this is AAA title price. I expect therefore AAA content and everything else.. 1 Star Citizen flip is enough in known universe. What will be , perhaps in 5 years from now on on my SSD is quite irrelevant. I can judge them only by what i have on my SSD right now and for which price.

And yes i still dont think GFX is that much different or important - it is about game mechanics, ballistics, hit detection, supply simulation and so on.. General game atmosphere and immersion, where PE absolutely rules - driving tank across same quick mission map over and over is not my cup of tea, i need more content then that in AAA game . And both games are tank sim, why not comparing them especially that they are so rare..?

Edited by BigBadVuk
  • Haha 2

@namhee2

I will definitely get it, gog is great for old games. They fix it all so it works even on windows 10.

Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 is also classic worth recommending.

@BigBadVuk

I am not sure if talking to you makes even sense...

image.png.e431eef3004b4565b9f15be6355c7dac.png

IT IS EARLY ACCESS, just because game is in EA does not mean you can get it half the price. Price is 70$ now, will be 80$ later. Nobody really cares what you expect, store page cleary says what this game will have.

"Buy now and take advantage of our Early Access discount ($10 OFF) and Early Access program - operate these armored beasts as soon as they are ready!"

It's not AAA price, it's simulator price, DCS sells 1 plane for 60€. Modern sims are expensieve, deal with it or leave. In compare, steel beast pro costs 125$.

Edited by InProgress
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigBadVuk said:

Sorry buddy , for 70$ this cant be EA, or anything else in that range, this is AAA title price.

Yes, because when the game is finished, it will be AAA quality. It’s like pre-ordering a game - you pay full price, and get the game at a later date, except with this, you get to play the game before it’s finished.

If you don’t like the sound of that, then you shouldn’t have bought the game, because it has always been advertised as being early access.

Edited by [Pb]Cybermat47

3 hours ago, BigBadVuk said:

You are missing the point, but i wont be fighting the windmills...

You are a windmill. Everyone explains this to you but you just can't get it. You think because game cost 70$ it cant be in early access? What should it cost? 20$? And then they add more stuff untill it's full game and you are happy because you did not pay full price? If anyone missed point, it was you, you missed point how early access games work.

Don't buy early access games because you cleary don't know their purpose. It's a way to support development, help with it with feedback etc. If you can't accept how it works, then don't buy early access titles, simple.

Edited by InProgress

3 hours ago, BigBadVuk said:

You are missing the point, but i wont be fighting the windmills...

12 hours ago, BigBadVuk said:

Sorry buddy , for 70$ this cant be EA, or anything else in that range, this is AAA title price. I expect therefore AAA content and everything else..

There is an easy solution to this problem.  Next time don’t buy an early access game.  

Spent $50 on early access Kingdom Come Deliverance.  For a year all I had was a short demo quest.  Then the full game came out and it is one of the most enjoyable games I have ever played.  Well worth the $50 up front and I'm happy that I contributed.

With TC I still have yet to fire it up in any meaningful way.  That's OK, I'll wait.  When it gets to a point where I want to play it then I'll play it.  Whining about TC now is like crying "look, it only has 1 quest" for KCD before its release.  Wait til it actually arrives, then whine.

• Upvote 2

People should set priorities in their lifes. For me, waiting for a game to be developed and being frustrated about it is not priority at all. Frankly, I don't care much about BoBp, nevertheless last Xmas I received reimbursment of several of my business trips, so I spent part of that money to buy it+premium planes I didn't manage before. If it's gonna be released today or in one year, makes no difference to me.

I also bought KCD, but only when it was released. My Steam account told me about it 😁. I knew that it is in development but I really didn't pay any attention to it at all. Going thru third playline Hardcore mode now with all DLCs, enjoying it greatly 😎

@Brano Hardcore is fun.  One of my most memorable moments was being lost in the woods, almost dead after a fight with bandits, it's night and I am so badly injured that the screen is only red and black.  I finally see something like a clearing, stumble into a farm house, find a pallet of hay to rest on and heal.  Get up in the morning feeling better but by no means completely healed and continue to stumble on to Uschitz.  

Zzzzzzzzzzz........ you should have spent your $70 on tissues.  dry your eyes😂

I loved Panzer Elite with all my heart. Like B-17 II: The Migthy Eighth, it was ahead of its time, but let's face it: it's completely outdated.

PE UI is jurassic and cumbersome, tanks look like cardboard boxes, cotton smoke effects, hills pointier than Madonna's corset, etc.

Tank Crew needs time, but it's going to be amazing just like PE was.

Edited by VBF-12_Pequod
  • Upvote 1

Panzer Elite was a blast in it's day for sure, just like Red Baron had its place in gaming history.  I'm with you Pequod.....give this some time and it's  going to shine.1