Sign in to follow this  
SCG_Slater

The Panther Tank

Did not know that.  It looks similar to stereoscopic rangefinders,   I thought that was the whole purpose of spreading out the 2 optics to get a more precise range by using the distance between the 2 lenses to determine the range.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:30 AM, BlackSix said:

BTW, there will not be any Panther missions in the campaign as they didn't take part in the Prokhorovka battle. There will be Pz III, IV and VI only.

Panther path is blue, campaign's area is green:

I’m extremely disappointed... at the Heer and Waffen-SS, for not putting any Panthers near Prokhorovka.

I mean, I can’t really criticise the devs for being historically accurate in a simulator game, can I?

3 hours ago, WaNTRD said:

Did not know that.  It looks similar to stereoscopic rangefinders,   I thought that was the whole purpose of spreading out the 2 optics to get a more precise range by using the distance between the 2 lenses to determine the range.

With two lenses you have way more awareness of space and distance, because we humans are built do operate with two eyes, not with one. That helps when trying to estimate ranges. 

The reason why both the early Panther and Tiger had stereoscopic sights for their gunners is exactly that.

OK, my bad, these optics were used exactly the way you described. At least the German wikipedia states that.

For dedicated rangefinders I was expecting something like the devices the flak used.

wehrmacht-heer-luftwaffe-flugabwehrkanon

But apparently a Scherenfernrohr is all you need. It may be not as accurate but it will get the job done.

8 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

I’m extremely disappointed... at the Heer and Waffen-SS, for not putting any Panthers near Prokhorovka.

I mean, I can’t really criticise the devs for being historically accurate in a simulator game, can I?

Both campaigns are almost ready for release, we finish localization now, but Panther is not here yet and I don't know when it be ready...

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 4:30 PM, BlackSix said:

BTW, there will not be any Panther missions in the campaign as they didn't take part in the Prokhorovka battle. There will be Pz III, IV and VI only.

Sure, you're right.

Panthers, Tiger's 2, Firefly is expected at Tank Crew: Battle of Bulge.

😎

Im hoping panther is the next tank they will release 😄
And yes I hope for battle of the bulge expansion and let one get tanks like king tiger, jagdtiger, hetzer, Stug III G etc 😄

10 hours ago, BlackSix said:

Both campaigns are almost ready for release, we finish localization now, but Panther is not here yet and I don't know when it be ready...

I’m looking forward to them, your campaigns are always great :salute:

This tank really moves me!

1501189320_Panther Moving.gif

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

IF the trend of making the tanks goes on: the panther will be able to hit speeds up and beyond 60 kmh 😄
So looking forward to the panther 😄

Edited by judgedeath3

3 hours ago, judgedeath3 said:

IF the trend of making the tanks goes on: the panther will be able to hit speeds up and beyond 60 kmh 😄
😄

Not without destroying its transmission it won't. 

On 7/30/2019 at 5:09 PM, PL_Andrev said:

Sure, you're right.

Panthers, Tiger's 2, Firefly is expected at Tank Crew: Battle of Bulge.

😎

Also Normandy with an Operation Goodwood setting would do the trick involving schwere Panzerabteilung 503 with a mixture of Tiger Is and Tiger IIs and of course another unit with Panther As and Gs. Fireflys is a given but we also would see Cromwells, Churchills, Sherman IIIs, PzIV Hs and Js and Panzerjaeger IVs.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Finkeren said:

Not without destroying its transmission it won't. 

No, high speed is not the problem. Sudden sharp turns in third gear are (leads to final drive breakage). Or the fact that the HL230 tends to selfdistruct with RPMs over 3000.

28 minutes ago, SCG_SchleiferGER said:

No, high speed is not the problem. Sudden sharp turns in third gear are (leads to final drive breakage). Or the fact that the HL230 tends to selfdistruct with RPMs over 3000.

Okay sorry. Engine blowing up it is then. 

• Haha 1