Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SCG_Slater

The Panther Tank

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So, when will we see this gorgeous tank in TC?

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-301-1955-32_Nordf

Edited by Slater
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More important question is when will we see camouflage like that in TC?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, InProgress said:

More important question is when will we see camouflage like that in TC?

 

When it works on AI. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Finkeren said:

 

When it works on AI. 

Well could be used for MP or just for fun and immersion. Tho i don't think it would be hard to make AI work with this. If you have camo then they simply have shorter spotting range, if you sit near trees or other plants then it's even shorter. For sure it can be more complicated and detailed but basic one is already something.

 

image.thumb.png.87aa5027cea1fb13dc5b9447cf61e2a4.png

 

I really love that :P it's really great, especially in MP. You could snipe enemy tanks from far away and they had hard time to see you. Screenshot from Darkest Hour 44-45.

Edited by InProgress
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, InProgress said:

Well could be used for MP or just for fun and immersion. Tho i don't think it would be hard to make AI work with this. If you have camo then they simply have shorter spotting range, if you sit near trees or other plants then it's even shorter. For sure it can be more complicated and detailed but basic one is already something.

 

image.thumb.png.87aa5027cea1fb13dc5b9447cf61e2a4.png

 

I really love that :P it's really great, especially in MP. You could snipe enemy tanks from far away and they had hard time to see you. Screenshot from Darkest Hour 44-45.

So Darkest Hour is still alive? Wow.

Is it worth to reinstall it? I mean Red Orchestra was a brilliant, the Mod made it even better and I really liked the music.

 

For the Panther, yes I would love to have a good gun combined with a smooth ride and decent armor, too.

But I fear those final drives..... nd the rpm indendent turret drive which results in a whopping 6 degrees per second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SchleiferGER said:

So Darkest Hour is still alive? Wow.

Is it worth to reinstall it? I mean Red Orchestra was a brilliant, the Mod made it even better and I really liked the music.

Nope and nope. Devs destroyed this game, they seem to treat it like a hobby so they just add and change whatevery they want. Game was great, had small but loyal playerbase. From ~200 players daily, now it's 110-120. It used to be 1 full server in the evening and people had fun. Now it's mostly just 20 people playing. It's rare to get more and even if it's mostly 40 or so. Devs destroyed it with adding stupid Squad ripoff mode. It would not be that bad but why would anyone play it if they can go and play hell let loose or post scriptum? Games that allow much more players and it works much better there.

 

In DH people just take supply truck and drive behind enemy lines to build a spawn point, this is entire gameplay of that stupid game now. No one bothers with building bunkers and other stuff like that. It's also too dynamic and maps are too small (yet too big for small number of players) so building seems worthless, battles are too short to even bother with that. And nobody really cooperate in there. It's madness.

 

You could live with that because there were still old maps you could play without building and this fail squad idea. But what killed this game for me is how they turned it into casual mode and killed immersion. In RO series, Rising storm and all the mods for old RO like Marne Nostrum, Darkest Hour and few more, there was friendly fire, it was part of gameplay and was immersive. But devs had great idea to change that, they came up with most idiotic idea ever in video games about friendly fire. If you kill someone, you will get

HUGE RED INFORMATION

that you killed friendly and your weapon is locked for 10s and if it's 2nd time then more and more. So dead nade, idiot who jumps in front of your vehicle, runs into your MG fire or simple accident in close combat where you spray into enemy but also hit your guy, boom, weapon locked, big F*** you in your face, now enemy can just walk to you and stab you in the head and laugh. Way to punish you and your team because FF accident. Devs killed that game, if you loved it for realism and immersion, stay away and don't even bother with anything they do in the future. They don't care what fans say, they just do whatever they want. Their choices made lots of veterans leave and new people won't care about these changes for 11 years old mod for even older game.

Edited by InProgress
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Panther was one os the most used tanks even at the East front, so it would only be natural to get it in TC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Slater said:

The Panther was one os the most used tanks even at the East front, so it would only be natural to get it in TC.

 

Well we will be getting it, even though it wasn't exactly prominent during Zitadelle, so what's the issue? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can hardly wait to see it. One of my favourites ..... :)

and reading this book which is full of battle action

 

51NZQfDB6qL._SX260_.jpg

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Finkeren said:

 

Well we will be getting it, even though it wasn't exactly prominent during Zitadelle, so what's the issue? 

No issue, just want it NAOOOW :gamer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2019 at 4:12 PM, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

I can hardly wait to see it. One of my favourites ..... :)

and reading this book which is full of battle action

 

51NZQfDB6qL._SX260_.jpg

I remember Lindybeige making video about this book. It makes itself look like it's memoir of actual tank crew but it's pretty much just a made up novel or at least something heavly exaggerated. Nothing wrong with good novel based on ww2 but it's kind of meh that it lies about being real memoir just to sell more copies.

 

Btw also this is pretty much the same with any book published by Sprech Media. They claim it's all real and first hand experience but it's really not, just bunch of action, mistakes (IS-3 in a 1943) and never mention any dates or details that would let people verify informations.

Edited by InProgress
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dream to have the Panther and I want it as soon as possible 😄 Drive around in 55kmh and a deadly 75mm gun and armour that is even better than Tiger 1´s frontally, my dream tank 😄 But my heart belongs to the Stug III!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm like everyone else here, I LOVE the Panther, but.......

 

This is a game about The Battle of Kursk....as such.....

 

At Kursk, the Panther was rushed onto the battlefield BEFORE all the bugs were worked out. Engine overheating and fires were common, and most Panthers broke down on the way to the battlefield. The ones that saw actual combat performed well, but were basically overwhelmed. 

 

I love the Panther, but not to the extent that I will sacrifice historical accuracy for fantasy fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, manintan2016 said:

I'm like everyone else here, I LOVE the Panther, but.......

 

This is a game about The Battle of Kursk....as such.....

 

At Kursk, the Panther was rushed onto the battlefield BEFORE all the bugs were worked out. Engine overheating and fires were common, and most Panthers broke down on the way to the battlefield. The ones that saw actual combat performed well, but were basically overwhelmed. 

 

I love the Panther, but not to the extent that I will sacrifice historical accuracy for fantasy fun.

Salutations,

 

I have to disagree on one point... this game in not just about the Battle Of Kursk. In time, it is going to represent Great Battles all over Europe. :salute:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hmmm.....

 

I was referring to the Panther ausf. D.

 

The Panther tank, after being rushed into the Battle of Kursk, was further evaluated, and from battlefield experience and streamlines in production, the Germans changed production to the Ausf G version, which was produced until the end of the war.

 

I must disagree....the game is GOING to represent Great Battles all over Europe in the future, but, as of the present, The Tank Crew module does center on the Battle of Kursk.

 

I support this with the following:

 

1. The Title - Tank Crew, Clash at Prokhorovka.

2. ALL tanks represented either were introduced at the Battle of Kursk, i.e., the Fedinand tank destroyer, The Panther Ausf D...or were used in the earlier battles of Stalingrad or Moscow.

 

Edited by manintan2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, manintan2016 said:

The Panther tank, after being rushed into the Battle of Kursk, was further evaluated, and from battlefield experience and streamlines in production, the Germans changed production to the Ausf G version, which was produced until the end of the war.

 

Ausf A was shortly after the Ausf D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, manintan2016 said:

At Kursk, the Panther was rushed onto the battlefield BEFORE all the bugs were worked out.

That was the point. This is how you test stuff during the war. Even today, russia send some vehicles to syria for testing. It's the best way to test this kind of stuff, in actuall combat instead of training grounds. I have really great book about panther tank, worth reading:

9200000072334831.jpg

 

But if we go that way and simulate breaking engines, fires etc. Then lots of soviet planes in moscow should also start falling apart. I think it was mig3 that was quite crappy back then, since it was rushed.

 

The thing is, not every panther was broken, you will simply play as the lucky one who worked just fine. Also like devs said, there is no career for tanks, so you won't drive the same tank everyday for entire battle. You will have 2 missions in panther, then story will take you to the panzer 4 tank which you will drive for next mission etc. So there is really no reason to make them break since it's only few missions and not entire career.

 

For the MP, let's be honest, people hate RNG and want to control everything. It would be realistic to have random engine problems in planes but we don't have it. People would get pissed if engine would break after 10min of flying to the mission objective so they would have to come back. Same with tanks. Some would like it (me hehe :biggrin:) but most would not. I think it would be fun (if there was a career since scripted missions require you to win them to progress) if engine would break and you would have to sit there and fight until someone could tow you back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, InProgress said:

The thing is, not every panther was broken, you will simply play as the lucky one who worked just fine. Also like devs said, there is no career for tanks, so you won't drive the same tank everyday for entire battle. You will have 2 missions in panther, then story will take you to the panzer 4 tank which you will drive for next mission etc. So there is really no reason to make them break since it's only few missions and not entire career.

BTW, there will not be any Panther missions in the campaign as they didn't take part in the Prokhorovka battle. There will be Pz III, IV and VI only.

Panther path is blue, campaign's area is green:

 

Panther-Path.thumb.jpg.7ce50fbb1a124777e944f50a7b660e02.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It will be nice to become two more buyable Tanks like Stug III and Panther A.

Edited by radio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

BTW, there will not be any Panther missions in the campaign as they didn't take part in the Prokhorovka battle. There will be Pz III, IV and VI only.

A bit weird choice to add it to expansion if it was not there. Stug 3 would be better, but i guess panther is good sale boost.

 

35 minutes ago, radio said:

It will be nice to become two more buyable Tanks like Stug III and Panther A.

Stug 3 is not a tank :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, InProgress said:

A bit weird choice to add it to expansion if it was not there. Stug 3 would be better, but i guess panther is good sale boost.

It's possible to create the historical missions and campaigns for Panther in the future but they will be happening on standard terrain. Highly detailed terrain was made only in the Prokhorovka area (green zone).

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope they make the panther able to reverse a bit faster than in warthunder, most books I have indicates it could reverse faster than that crawl we have in warthunder....
Also Tiger I top speed should be around 38kmh according to most sources I know and not 50kmh+ but then Im nippicking :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

50km ? That is down hill, wind & sun in your back and crew on empty stomach 🤣

Edited by Slater
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2019 at 3:12 PM, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

I can hardly wait to see it. One of my favourites ..... :)

and reading this book which is full of battle action

 

51NZQfDB6qL._SX260_.jpg

 

Great book a must for anyone interested in this era.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, judgedeath3 said:

I just hope they make the panther able to reverse a bit faster than in warthunder, most books I have indicates it could reverse faster than that crawl we have in warthunder....

Well, it depends on what you define as a crawl. You can expect 3,5 for 2500rpm and 4.1 for 3000rpm in reverse gear.

 

 

23 hours ago, judgedeath3 said:

Also Tiger I top speed should be around 38kmh according to most sources I know and not 50kmh+ but then Im nippicking :P

 

When we drive the tiger down a slope ingame we are overreving the engine quite hard.

Driving at 3000 rpm for a long time isn't good for the HL230 P45 at all. There is a potential thast the connecting rods may break.

Staying at 2500 is more reasonable.

 

According to Spielberger the Tiger can reach these speeds at 3000 rpm:

1 gear: 2.84 kp/h

2 gear: 4.34 kp/h

3 gear: 6,18 kp/h

4 gear: 9,17 kp/h

5 gear 14.1 kp/h

6 gear 20.9 kp/h

7 gear 30.5 kp/h

8 gear 45,4 kp/h

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well a reverse speed comparable to Panzer IV, some sources claims it could reverse faster even than a Panzer IV. While in warthunder it is the slowest of all german tanks at reversing.

 

Those speeds of Tiger I seem more reasonable, but I´ve been up to 50kmh+ on even ground when playing in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SchleiferGER said:

Well, it depends on what you define as a crawl. You can expect 3,5 for 2500rpm and 4.1 for 3000rpm in reverse gear.

 

 

 

When we drive the tiger down a slope ingame we are overreving the engine quite hard.

Driving at 3000 rpm for a long time isn't good for the HL230 P45 at all. There is a potential thast the connecting rods may break.

Staying at 2500 is more reasonable.

 

According to Spielberger the Tiger can reach these speeds at 3000 rpm:

1 gear: 2.84 kp/h

2 gear: 4.34 kp/h

3 gear: 6,18 kp/h

4 gear: 9,17 kp/h

5 gear 14.1 kp/h

6 gear 20.9 kp/h

7 gear 30.5 kp/h

8 gear 45,4 kp/h

 

And that is also the speed i get when driving it in game, 25 - 30 KM off-road, 45 max on road and 50 downhill with the commander shouting schneller schneller!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Slater said:

And that is also the speed i get when driving it in game, 25 - 30 KM off-road, 45 max on road and 50 downhill with the commander shouting schneller schneller!!

Remembering the drivers I had back in my time in geman Bundeswehr, i very much doubt, the commander has to shout schneller. In fact you usually have to tell your driver not to think he is a rallye driver.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yogiflight said:

Remembering the drivers I had back in my time in geman Bundeswehr, i very much doubt, the commander has to shout schneller. In fact you usually have to tell your driver not to think he is a rallye driver.

Wrooom Wrooom Wrooooooom.

Especially if your tank sports a 700hp 12 cylinder gasoline engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26cSk60Aj3Y

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The panther d is coming , probably late this year or early to mid next.

 

unless modding happens you wont see As or Gs anytime soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some interesting stuff on the Panther:

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 4:52 PM, Yogiflight said:

Remembering the drivers I had back in my time in geman Bundeswehr, i very much doubt, the commander has to shout schneller. In fact you usually have to tell your driver not to think he is a rallye driver.

 

Yogi, YEP...... a common trait of all the dungeon dwellers across all armies in the world. Constantly telling the dvr to slow down, 😱 or exhaust signature by stomping planting their foot on through the accelerator on take off or the huge dust plumes 😒.... ahhh the list goes on..... some actually turn out to be fantastically experienced dvrs. :good: that you try hard to keep in your crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:12 AM, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

I can hardly wait to see it. One of my favourites ..... :)

and reading this book which is full of battle action

 

51NZQfDB6qL._SX260_.jpg

 

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:55 AM, Georgio said:

 

Great book a must for anyone interested in this era.

 

It is a fan fiction without basis in reality.  Definitely not a memoir.

His other book Panzer Tracts has him capturing a sexy Russian radio operator on a secret mission and keeping her chained in his tank as a love interest.  Its all BS.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

 

 

It is a fan fiction without basis in reality.  Definitely not a memoir.

His other book Panzer Tracts has him capturing a sexy Russian radio operator on a secret mission and keeping her chained in his tank as a love interest.  Its all BS.

 

Now that is a pity as I like reading factual accounts of war and I thought that books events were based on reality.

Ah well, back to the Sven Hassel then I guess...:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

 

 

It is a fan fiction without basis in reality.  Definitely not a memoir.

His other book Panzer Tracts has him capturing a sexy Russian radio operator on a secret mission and keeping her chained in his tank as a love interest.  Its all BS.

WTF, that is the most weird idea ever, dunno how to fit her in the cramped tank and still be able to work in it and her not sabotaging and sounds more like bad sex story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 5:01 AM, Feathered_IV said:

 

 

It is a fan fiction without basis in reality.  Definitely not a memoir.

His other book Panzer Tracts has him capturing a sexy Russian radio operator on a secret mission and keeping her chained in his tank as a love interest.  Its all BS.

Also, so many decapitations. :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about we also get that Rangefinder the Commander is using in the Pic ?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, WaNTRD said:

How about we also get that Rangefinder the Commander is using in the Pic ?   

 

I would love that. Not so much for the Panther, but the Soviet self-propelled howitzers could really use some more advanced range-finding equipment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WaNTRD said:

How about we also get that Rangefinder the Commander is using in the Pic ?   

That's not a dedicated ragefinder, that is a scissors binocular.

 

scherenfernrohr.jpg

 

Normally these can be mounted inside the commander's cupola.

 

Edited by SchleiferGER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...