beagleboy03

Gauge and Flight Data Export

I did a quick search but couldn't find an official reply from the developers.  Will BoS support gauge data output that we could use to drive sim-pit gauges?  

I would also be interested in having the sim be able to export flight information such as airspeed, density altitude, and control surface deflection for use with a DIY force feedback joystick like this: http://bffsimulation.com/FFB-yoke-1.php (though obviously with the modification to make a stick as opposed to a yoke, at least until they release a P-38 down the road).

Hi,

I'm really interested in this topic to.

Can any IL2 Sturmovik developer reply if it is possible to obtain real time flight data (pitch, roll, yaw, speed etc. via telnet, some special API, any other method) from any of IL2 Sturmovik games?

Please reply, thank You.

Yes I would like to know about this as well.  Although I am guessing the answer is no.  I currently use UDPspeed based gauges for IL-2 1946 and the way they are implemented in that game, it is a bit of a cheat in as much as if your instrument panel is shot away in the game, my trusty software gauges keep right on ticking.  

Now that's not to say that gauge functionality couldn't be tied to the damage model but its probably a whole development fork they don't have the resources to explore especially for the few people that would actually use it.

DSCN0468_zps08a1a5b6.jpg

Edited by No.42wholehawg

I would be interesting too!

At the moment I have built an A-10 pit for DCS sim, but I am working on a multi - pit project where I hope I would be able to have a removable panel for each sim and the back panel will stay the same.

Here is the first

post-638-0-26232100-1377027977_thumb.jpg

post-638-0-85353600-1377028055_thumb.jpg

and this is my future plans

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93374&page=2

Edited by 335th_GRSwaty

In the Questions for Developers forum, answering a similar question:

This is a cool feature, but a luxury. With ROF we had no time to work on such luxury items. Maybe in the future our engine can support this.

Jason

I would like to see this feature, but also ways to limit the amount of information shared. I suggest going with at least two export options:

1) Only what the gauges show you in the cockpit, including ones that do not work (properly)

2) Full telemetry

These should be determined by the game host if in multiplayer.

I'd also like to see export for instruments, and switches. Would be nice to use Helios and a touch screen panel. Get rid of the keyboard while flying.

Just purchased a Premium package tonight, and would also like to chime in here. I have a 2DoF motion simpit and I would very much like to be able to use it with Battle of Stalingrad (and Rise of Flight).

As technology gets easier to use for the home builder I believe we will see more and more pilots building their own hardware for use with their favorite sims. I hope this title remains on the top of their, the pit builders, list.

i am also interested in this...i know that the topic is quite old...but is there some news on that with the new versions of the sim?

No, still not possible - until now the game don't export data need to instruments...