BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 59

Hi Everybody,

First of all, a couple of words about the recent 17th session of Early Access. Thanks a lot once again to everyone for taking part in that very first test of multiplayer over a wide audience. The test was successful, data was gathered, conclusions were made and new goals appointed. We’ve been keeping an eye on the entire test and we’re fully aware how smooth it was (or was not) for all of you. Technical issues are being cared for, and you know, it’s great for the whole team to work knowing that the servers were full on the day one of the MP test. Which is an optimistic event, isn’t it?

The past week hasn’t brought any changes to the early access version, and you’re going to have the same one for at least one more week. We need to fix the known bugs first and get ourselves onto some new ones second. About the Yak-1 in multiplayer - well wait until the Bf 109 G-2 enters the scene, since we’ve settled a tradition to release planes in pairs. LOFT and I are ready to answer your questions about the upcoming plans for IL2BOS next week in a new official live stream. Next Wednesday you’ll see Pe-2 in its grace and hear some of our comments about this first bomber in the game.

And this time we give you the Quick Mission Builder for Early Access. Now it is time for you to build your own gameplay: you may start exploring faraway corners of the map, or try any time of the day, or play a combat scenario you want most. We hope you’ll find its interface easy enough to use. The QMB has been shown in our previous live streams a couple of times so feel free to watch the important part once again on the 1CGS YouTube channel. And as always we need your feedback: a whole lot of bug reports are expected, as well as thoughtful suggestions would be appreciated. Please, accept QMB as it is now; we know what it must be like and we’ll make it that way.

The 18th session of early access will not be limited with 72 hours period, single player and multiplayer modes will both remain available 24/7 during the up-coming week.

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 4

MP, QMB and 24/7 access within a week of one another. You Guys are just hell bent on ruining the last vestiges of my social life. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

I'm a bit confused with this statement;

"The past week hasn’t brought any changes to the early access version, and you’re going to have the same one for at least one more week."

Followed by "And this time we give you the Quick Mission Builder for early access."

Are we if fact getting QMB today??????

• Upvote 1

"Early access - week #18

And this time we give you the Quick Mission Builder for Early Access."

Yep!

Edited by Picchio

I'm a bit confused with this statement

Multiplayer hasn't changed, content is the same, BUT we add QM to all that stuff that you already have.

• Upvote 1

OK I'm confused by the wording of this. Are we getting QMB this week?

Multiplayer hasn't changed, content is the same, BUT we add QM to all that stuff that you already have.

Yay great news. :)

Thanks

I'm a bit confused with this statement;

"The past week hasn’t brought any changes to the early access version, and you’re going to have the same one for at least one more week."

Followed by "And this time we give you the Quick Mission Builder for early access."

Are we if fact getting QMB today??????

A bit strange wording, but I think it means, that the build of the sim itself hasn't changed (i.e. the "completed percentage" hasn't gone up)

Thanks for the quick response and the good news within it Zak.

QMB a great news for me/us single player mission player(s), thank you all for this fantastic new addition to the IL2 heritage. :cool:

Art_001.jpg
clic on picture to see it in full size.

Edited by senseispcc

No sleep this weekend (again)... :-)

Thank you, Developers!

Thanks again for all your work. Looking forward to seeing the gorgeous Peshka in more detail. Yum!

Development is still happening behind the scenes. I doubt  multiplayer is stopping it from occurring.  Building something worth while takes time so I hope the developers don't rush it.

Thanks for the update guys! keep up the good work!

Since this is my first update (I just got bought into the early access last Friday), is there anything I need to do? I mean, I opened up the sim and did not see the QMB, is the update not actually deployed yet?

I am just asking in case I am doing something wrong.

Startrekmike -- Later today, usually 8pm GMT, the update will go live. Then instead of seeing "Play" it will update instead.

Now we have TWO weeks of development lost due to this MP sh@it !

I am very disappointed.

Master

Hold your horses there MM, this is a multi-faceted experience. So far SP has been well catered for, now it's time to appease the MP crowd.

I don't know which part of development you think has been lost due to releasing MP & QMB but in terms of garnering interest for this sim, both of these are more important than pretty much any other module.

Startrekmike -- Later today, usually 8pm GMT, the update will go live. Then instead of seeing "Play" it will update instead.

Thanks!

There are no changes this week and the game will remain the same;

Blah blah blah, yada yada yada

oh and you'll be getting QMB this week

In journalism this is called burying the lede!

• Upvote 1

You are perfectly right. There is no pleasing me with this " game" stuff.

FPS gamers have many games to choose from, let my simulation alone!   

Master

I think those are great news indeed; especially for movie-makers.

Very curious about what they have in store for the Pe-2.

Great to see the QMB is coming today.

I admit I was reading the update thinking well nothing there for me this week, till I got to that part!

QMB in all honour, I give you that but this sim is performing badly and its presently not moving forward.

Instead it is using its recourses to please FPS gamers. We have seen before and it will end up badly IMHO! I am getting a bad feeling about this.

But I will leave the discussion here and now and return in a week or so to see if there is any improvement.

The rest on PM please.  

Master