Wanganui_Wildcat

Swallowing my Pride (262)

Posted (edited)

The 262 has finally arrived, and with it, some new challenges. All taken sorties were flown on the unprofessionals server.

Enjoy.

Music is Por Ti Volare, by Andrea Bocelli

Edited by Wanganui_Wildcat
  • Like 15
  • Haha 12
  • Upvote 1

Ha! I actually spat my coffee out! WHAT a familiar story. It really IS a bit of a 'challenge' to get the thing up and then, once up, to get it back down in one piece isn't it? Yer video pretty much sums up every owner of this machine right at this moment, dunnit?!! Cheers Wildcat, you made my mornin'!

Oh yeah, before I forget.....................

eutWWTc.jpg

5 hours ago, 666GIAP_Necathor said:

Really nice video, music and everything,

Thank you

Cheers mate, glad you enjoyed it

1 hour ago, Raptorattacker said:

Ha! I actually spat my coffee out! WHAT a familiar story. It really IS a bit of a 'challenge' to get the thing up and then, once up, to get it back down in one piece isn't it? Yer video pretty much sums up every owner of this machine right at this moment, dunnit?!! Cheers Wildcat, you made my mornin'!

Oh yeah, before I forget.....................

eutWWTc.jpg

Haha thanks mate, yeah everyone I saw online was having similar issues. It was actually really funny to watch and fun to be involved in, despite the frustrations at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Very nice video, showing the flight reality (at least in game) and this final hahahahahaha... amazing!

• Like 1

@Wanganui_Wildcat I tell you what, I got some joy in the takeoff by mot lowering flaps until I was getting up a good rip of speed. Seems to work a bit better (A BIT!!). There's not many airfields that are 'Swallow Friendly' though eh?.

• Like 1

Il2 entertainment at its best! Always a must watch for me...  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What is the name of the server? From the JG27 we can organize a little Bodenplatte event like an airfield attack for the reds.
We have the recipe.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov
  • Like 1

Great video!

I watch IL-2 videos on YouTube and they always make me feel like the least competent pilot here. Nice to watch others share some of the same frustrations!

Love the music choice too, though I'm partial to this version of Nessun Dorma:

• Like 1

I’m in absolute hysterics right now! Thanks mate!

On 6/13/2019 at 12:01 PM, Wanganui_Wildcat said:

The 262 has finally arrived, and with it, some new challenges.

I loved the video, thanks! Think it's called "Learning curve"

After running out of runway on my first three attempts, I bit the bullet and watched a Requiem tutorial.

Then I succeeded in taking off twice, but ditched it in a diving attack on a ship, then got shot down on my second flight.

Still haven't had the chance to try a landing. All very enjoyable though!

8 hours ago, jaygee485 said:

Still haven't had the chance to try a landing.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... the fun REALLY begins!! :rolleyes:

The first minute is basically you shooting me down i thought you were a lot further back n was hoping to roll over into the vally before you got close. then nudging my 262. good times.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, -RAAF-Shaneo said:

The first minute is basically you shooting me down i thought you were a lot further back n was hoping to roll over into the vally before you got close. then nudging my 262. good times.

I knew it was you in the 47, but didn't realise you were the 262 I bumped, sorry about that! 

I figured you were trying to use the valleys in the 47, if I was slightly further back you would have cleared the ridge and I would have missed. Luck on my part really!

Edited by Wanganui_Wildcat