Sign in to follow this  
Tom25briklebritt

Tank Crew tanks realism - much too bright inside a tank

Have you ever thought about being inside a real Tiger tank or another ww2 tank? When all hatches are closed, it shouldn´t be so bright inside the tank. Maybe there were some fluorescent colors used inside or similar things, but it should be dark inside. 

Tank Crew lights/shader should be much darker when inside a tank and only be brighter when switching on the internal lights.

Edited by Tom25briklebritt
  • Upvote 1

The problem with that is in a real tank your eyes will adjust to the darkness.  Looking at a screen your eyes can not make that adjustment.  Leave it be.

This may play a minor role, bu it is still too dark inside. Your eyes can not adjust that much when there is almost no light and it will not be as bright as it is inside Tank Crew tanks. Try it out, i visited a german tank museum and came to this knowledge

19 hours ago, Tom25briklebritt said:

Have you ever thought about being inside a real Tiger tank or another ww2 tank? When all hatches are closed, it shouldn´t be very dark inside the tank. Maybe there were some fluorescent colors used inside or similar things, but it should be dark inside. 

Tank Crew lights/shader should be much darker when inside a tank and only be brighter when switching on the internal lights.

So which is it? Too dark or too bright? Your title says too bright, then you say "it shouldn´t be very dark inside", then "but it should be dark inside", then "it is still too dark inside", then "Your eyes can not adjust that much when there is almost no light"

3 hours ago, Elem said:

So which is it? Too dark or too bright? Your title says too bright, then you say "it shouldn´t be very dark inside", then "but it should be dark inside", then "it is still too dark inside", then "Your eyes can not adjust that much when there is almost no light"

lol, sorry.. i edited first post - tanks are too bright inside

23 hours ago, Tom25briklebritt said:

Try it out, i visited a german tank museum and came to this knowledge

How, exactly, did you acquire said knowledge? Unless you actually got inside a tank and they then closed the hatches and fired up the engine, I'm going to say you are not really presenting a strong argument. Tanks, even WWII-era ones, are not dimly-lit dungeons where everyone is stumbling around in the dark. 

Edited by LukeFF

I was in two tanks, in a WW2 Panther and in an Leopard tank. There is almost no light when hatches are closed. It also depends where you are inside the tank when hatches are open. I only want to share my experience staying in a real tank.

Edited by Tom25briklebritt

I was Mech Infantry for many years; and yes, these tanks are too "bright" inside, but it's not a big deal and I really doubt the effort to improve interior shadow rendering is that important compared to some of the other issues that they need to work out.

I think they look just fine.  I still cannot get over that I can actually play a tank simulator and look around the interior like this.

• Like 1

Your right in the triage of needs this isn’t near the top, but for immersion it’s not a bad suggestion just not a priority right now.

• Upvote 1

I was attached to 1st CAV Division for 6 months in Kuwait before the Iraq invasion, and spent a lot of time in an M1 Abrams. While not a Tiger, I can say that with the white painted interior ( a light green in an M1 ), which seems to reflect light, the interiors in Tank Crew seem a little too bright, but not that bad. Besides, some of the WW2 tanks had basic interior lighting. 

Edited by manintan2016
  • Upvote 1