Blitzen

There go all my missions & scripted Campaigns....again.

At the very end of the update announcement there is this sentence directed at mission & campaign authors :

(. If you're an author of a custom mission or campaign, you need to re-save your creation (it can be done quickly using 'Convert missions to binary in folder' in the Mission editor).

We've all been through this before on earlier updates & I was wondering if there is some streamlined way i can go back & make single missions & scripted campaign once more work, because as f yeaterday all of mine have died. I've done this before by going to the Mission Editor & calling up each mission & if i remember properly eliminating the msnb line from each...a long process to say the least.So does anyone know in this latest case what to do? your help greatly appreciated.

Posted (edited)

So does anyone know in this latest case what to do? your help greatly appreciated.

Reading in another thread the suggestion was to open the Mission Editor, go to Tools, navigate to the folder your missions and campaigns are in and Resave All Missions in Folder. I've just done so, it took about 30-40 minutes but will depend on how many missions you have in there. Haven't tested them yet, but it sounded logical.

Edited by Red_Cat

After going to Tools how do I navigate to the correct folder(s)?

Select the 'folder' that the chosen missions are in. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thad said:

Select the 'folder' that the chosen missions are in. 

Ok , please stay with me a bit.I get to Tools & hit it-then "re-save" all missions in Missions folder right? Trying that now..It will take a while thats for sure.I assume this won't work with Scripted Missions?

Edited by Blitzen

Blitzen,

Select tools, of those 15 options click on "Resave all missions in folder" and then select the folder you want to resave from the windowns that show up. For example for the Life series you have to resave the campaign folder inside Campaign folder of your installation.

Haash

Edit: I think you can even select the main campaign folder to resave all in one go but I guess that could take a long time.

1 hour ago, SYN_Haashashin said:

Edit: I think you can even select the main campaign folder to resave all in one go but I guess that could take a long time.

That's what I did. 30-40 minutes.

Thanks guys - it took some time but this worked on all single missions & on the scripted campaigns even on the long sleeping disabled Sirens of Death Stuka Campaign.Great stuff!

11.thumb.jpg.8b02aa5f35d182ee0196d6f766c649c5.jpg