Posted (edited)

There has been a post by one of the devs on Russian forums that suggest that La-5FN boost is not working correctly. 

I have too, noticed that the ATA needle don't go up, but i assumed it was a graphical glitch and the plane worked fine... but now, G-2 started catch it on the 800m straight flight and its obvious some fluttery is afoot Anyone else has any data on this? 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/11845-обсуждение-версии-3101-me-262-a-т-34-76-увз-1943-albatros-dva-se5a/?do=findComment&comment=703313

link for ref.

PS: there is lots of confusion going on around this topic so just to make clear, take everything with grain of salt. 

PPS: Is fixed now, plz ignore this thread 😄

Edited by CptSiddy
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I had noted this (see below) in the "Game version 3.101 discussion: Me 262 A, T-34-76 UVZ 1943, Albatros D.Va, S.E.5a" thread but have not had any response or other player input on it.

La-5FN series 2 now requires the boost button to get any performance out of the engine.

Not sure if it is the new engine management but the La-5FN series 2 now behaves exactly as the La-5. At ground level you need to enable the boost for the engine to be able to go over the 12(?) manifold (?) pressure otherwise it will sit under 10 and over 3500m when you enable the stage 2 (air compressor?) you have to disable the boost or the boost will be enabled if that makes sense.

Also the LA-5 Series 8 now will enter boost mode on the deck when going to full throttle without enabling the boost. You have to keep it under 11 manifold (?) pressure.

Edited by Capt_Teddy_Bear
Edit: Fixed typo

I saw someone post about that in the forum but did not see a dev response on the English side of things. Maybe got missed in the shuffle. It does sound like something got porked there. Lo

My advice, record a video of the behaviour as well as a track and make a post in the 'Technical Issues/Bug Reports' section, and contact support about a bug. Get good views of the MP guage, throttle position and ASI. See what speed you can get in level flight at several altitudes. 

From AnPetrovich's response (as translated), they're probably already working on a hotfix for it, but best to submit it anyway, just in case.

I agree with your view. I find the same problem on the  LA5 yesterday. But I don't know LA5FN has bug too.

On my discord somebody said that they might have swapped the engines of the FN and s.8. Dunno how that could have happened but that would explain it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

HAHA oh wow, someone had too much vodka somewhere in this event chain, i am sure of it...

So this means you can leave your boost just running on the FN now? I got to test it...

Edited by CptSiddy
  • Haha 1

Andrey wrote in Russian forum,that it is a bug that has been overlooked. They are working on it.

56 minutes ago, =362nd_FS=RoflSeal said:

Yeah, the La-5(F) now has the Ash-82FN and La-5FN now has ASh-82(F)

Probably the root cause. There is no button for Forsazh in real FN. It is switched on by supercharger stage lever. Stage 1 on, stage 2 off.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Brano said:

Andrey wrote in Russian forum,that it is a bug that has been overlooked. They are working on it.

Probably the root cause. There is no button for Forsazh in real FN. It is switched on by supercharger stage lever. Stage 1 on, stage 2 off.

Good that's being worked on.

Yes the La-5 now has 1180 mmHg as max boost and doesn't need the boost key to activate it. If you engage second gear then the manifold pressure is reduced to 1000 mmHg => ASh-82FN behaviour.

The La-5FN now has 950 mmHg as max throttle, but if you press the boost key (no technochat message shows up) it increases to 1140 mmHg => ASh-82 behaviour.

The performance of the planes is affected. The La-5FN with 150 less HP now has a maximum sea level speed of around 573 km/h, from previous 583 km/h. On the other hand the La-5 with the extra 150 HP now has a maximum sea level speed of around 555 km/h, from the previous 545 km/h.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

11 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

I confirm the planes have their correct engines now 👍

All glory to the hotfix!

Damn it, missed my chance to try the extremely rare La-5 variant with an FN engine... :(