Sign in to follow this  
Plank

Low end PC specs that actually can run Il-2.... lets hear it for old PC's !!!

I'm still clanking along on an an i7 960, 650w PSU, Radeon HD7850, 8gigs of DDR3 and SATA2 64G SSD.

I turn shadows off, AA off, most things on med and "balanced" or "high",  depending on the weather.

It's actually pretty decent for an old machine.

I mean if I could double it's power I would be stoked.

i7 960    Gt/s is 4.8

i7 8700 Gt/s is 8   ...

if that is a meaningful metric.

So what low end PC are you still using to fly on? : - )

Salute!

Planky.

I have a 2 years old budget PC: i5-6500 @3.2 GHz, 8 GB RAM DDR4, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, 128 GB SSD.

It has roughly double performance compared to yours (CPU single thread 140%, GPU 155%).

At 1080p the game runs fine and smooth on 'high' or 'ultra' with a few settings tuned down (shadows, distance) or turned out (SSAO). Under normal game conditions I have a stable 60 FPS.

• Thanks 1

I have a about 5 jears old PC, I think it was pretty gud back then:
I5- 4460 3.2GHz 4 Core
8 GB RAM

GTX 960

HDD Drive

Game Runs at 1080p at 60 FPS on balanced and 45 FPS on High

IL2 struggles though near ground and when planes get hit with HE.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

i7 5820K (oc’d to 4.4 Ghz on all 6 cores)

GTX 980 (OC’d but can’t remember how much)

16Gig DDR4 2133 Mhz

It can run 2D BoS on Ultra with some modest in-game parameters. Online frame rates are still pretty good.

On single player, balanced with very conservative settings on Rift S VR.

Edited by BP_Lizard
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I used to run IL2 BOS smoothly (1200p resolution)  on G4560 (2+2 cores 3.5 Ghz), GTX 1060 3GB, classic SSD, and 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4. On high settings with SSAO and HDR off.

This game can run on rather cheap PCs (as long as you dont use VR) but the real problem is poor netcode.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Thanks 1

I'm running an I5 4690k overclocked to 4.2ghz

16gb 1866 ram (corsair vengeance)

GTX 970 4gb (ish)

Overall i get good performance out of my rig, 60fps isn't an issue with everything maxed out at 1080p

• Thanks 1

I used to run 3570K (4.4ghz) 1600mhz ram and GTX970, ran great at 1080p and surprisingly well at 4K with some eye candy turned down

Cheers, Dakpilot 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I used to run a i7-960 and two HD6950. All bought used, shoved into a case from 2002 with so bad cooling that the door had to be left off. Overclocked to hell and warm enough to heat our appartment alone it actually ran the game quite well at 1080p. This was the DX9 version of IL-2 before the conversion to DX11.

• Thanks 1

I think I beat you with my slightly older i7-920 (from 2009) Plank! Its overclocked to 4ghz and paired with a 10606gb and 12gb RAM it runs the game perfectly fine at 60fps most of the time. Dont remember what settings I have the game on - its not ultra, but its at least high for most things - and no complaints from me. The only time CPU seems to matter is when you throw more that 100 objects (still a very low amount in the grand scheme of things) into a mission and the game starts to slow down (while still running at 60fps - weird I know), but that is a problem with the engine and not really the CPU. Even the fastest CPU's dont do much better than slower ones in that kind of situation (see IckyAtlas' large bomber formation and high object test mission a while back for results..)