LuxiLife

Me262 startup/flying instructions.

IMG_4682.thumb.jpg.90e2ccc86819bbd74e11b159906e2c30.jpgIMG_4683.thumb.jpg.dd982573f4b03ffb75540bb231791443.jpg

I've seen a lot of people that have a difficult with the new bird. So here are the official instructions. I hope this might help some people.

I'm sorry about the minimal size of the pictures.

-lux-

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thanks LuxiLife.

How come NO information is available on starting the Me262 ?

Was adding a 2 pages PDF too much for the Dev Team ? Or add just a few lines in the "specifications" block in the game ?

Come on guys, this is not a gamepad game, and you  -> yes you, the Dev Team !! - do not provide even a pdf.

How upsetting indeed !

Edited by Yogi

It was available on monday, same as new patch. It was not official, but really good. Thanks Requiem!

It was not so hard to figure it out. There is a new key command. I managed to take off right after the patch was installed, without the Requiem tutorial video.

Really not hard.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Will Requiem have to redo most of his vids to include the new start-up procedures? :biggrin:

If the little levers on the throttle are detentes, shouldn't it be impossible to go below the detente position in flight (and accidentally shut down) without taking some positive action to allow this?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, beresford said:

Will Requiem have to redo most of his vids to include the new start-up procedures? :biggrin:

If the little levers on the throttle are detentes, shouldn't it be impossible to go below the detente position in flight (and accidentally shut down) without taking some positive action to allow this?

No way...LOL I'll probably have to just do a generic startup procedure video.

Those levers will go to the cutoff position (fuel selector valves) if you cause a flameout in flight with fast throttle movement to the rear. My understanding is that it's the emergency shutdown of an engine in flight procedure. The only way to prevent it is to be gentle with the power. When I was testing the 262 I caused flameouts as I was pulling back the power in a flare to land multiple times! :lol:

Edited by SYN_Requiem
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know the engine restart procedure during a flameout in mid air? The only thing I have accomplished so far with a mid air restart is an engine fire.

[Edit]

Nevermind. I figured it out. You need to hold the igniters with the throttles on 0% idle. Otherwise, a fireball results.

Edited by =SqSq=SignorMagnifico

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SYN_Requiem said:

No way...LOL I'll probably have to just do a generic startup procedure video.

Those levers will go to the cutoff position (fuel selector valves) if you cause a flameout in flight with fast throttle movement to the rear. My understanding is that it's the emergency shutdown of an engine in flight procedure. The only way to prevent it is to be gentle with the power. When I was testing the 262 I caused flameouts as I was pulling back the power in a flare to land multiple times! :lol:

I've finally managed to take off and land the thing (at Kalach) and even annoyed an enemy tank by firing rockets around it. On landing I found that the throttle levers WERE resting on the 'pawl' and wouldn't go lower until I stopped the engine with the 'E' key (so the détente DOES work).

I'm a bit puzzled by how I struggle to get it above 300kph after take-off. Are you supposed to reduce the stabiliser position after T/O?

When starting I find the important thing is to watch the temp gauges and stop throttle movement if they get midway.

Edited by beresford

Start settings for the game....anyone? 

Will not stay running..

Even if I start in flight the engines shut down in a few seconds.....

3 minutes ago, db605Sct13 said:

Start settings for the game....anyone? 

Will not stay running..

Even if I start in flight the engines shut down in a few seconds.....

Put your throttle all the way forward before mission start.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:28 PM, LukeFF said:

Put your throttle all the way forward before mission start.

I got it....I had to set up as posted up thread …..

Thanx