smink1701

Microsoft Flight Simulator for 2020

Love everything that's going on here including the new update but also excited about this.  It can only build the sim community!

• Upvote 1

I hope they build an engine with proper multicore support with AMD CPUs and VR in mind as well. It looks like the one they're using is pretty uptodate.

Looking to be the best real world civilian flight sim ever. Surpassing X-Plane. I’ll totally have to check it out.😅😇😇😇

Yeah. Looks great. And it’s being developed to run on the XBone One and the PC so ya can kiss the FM goodbye.

Thread needs to be merged.

Posted (edited)

Seems Dovetail is behind that. After they alienated all addon producers they seemingly found another victim, one that loves extortion as well. So we get this "Azure AI". Is this newspeek for offloading autogen into the cloud and just loading scenery on the fly like Google earth? Certainly an interesting proposition. You can make different extortion plans, adding terrain resolution by buying a more expensive subscription. You can make a "gold" subscription plan that even includes giraffes. But at least you'd save a lot of local storage space, something that comes at costs of less than a decent joystick.

More here on that:

https://www.pcgamer.com/xboxs-phil-spencer-on-game-pass-steam-and-the-epic-games-store/2/

'You're going to have to put at the bottom that that's in-game. because nobody's going to believe that's in-game." You notice the video says '4K in-game'. And then I said, "why does it look like that?". There's 2 petabytes of geographical data behind that game, that they're then using Azure AI to stitch the seams together so as you're flying, you're seeing a seamlessly connected Earth. I was like "you've gotta put that in the video because it's one of the coolest things I've ever seen". It's using real geographical data, real weather data, to give you the ability to literally fly around what looks like a living planet.

So far, they are selling a scenery for a simulator. Ignoring the downsides to the consumer, it makes sense as one has to keep in mind that loading the world as static map makes rendering it much easier, you don't need autogen. You just freed resources for giraffes.

Edited by ZachariasX
update