Fletch

The New Update Won't Install

not only did it take 4 to 5 hours to download,it only got half way installing then it stopped saying    " failed to update". I have never had a problem downloading a patch for IL-2 before.its not my internet connection either.

Have you tried re-downloading the patch or reinstalling? Seems like there was a corrupted file somewhere.

somebody needs to report this to the Devs.

Posted (edited)

Same problem here after about 8 restarts.  Still getting "Failed to Update".

Edited by Nift

It is still downloading for me. It could only download about 600 Mb.

I live in Brazil, my connection here is good (60 Mb down, 6 Mb up), I always had something around 200Kb/s when downloading new versions, but now it is around 5 Kb/s or less.

I bought everything here to support the developers, but I think we should receive some support in return.

4driano you are correct.if we are buying the updates directly from them,they need      to fix this.I just submitted a  ticket,you should too.

I did it yesterday, Fletch. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Are you guys using steam or the default launcher?

Edited by Geronimo553

Hi,

Delete the content inside your update folder at your instalation and try again.

Haash

• Like 1

no,not using steam.

Try Haashashin's tip and let us know if that solves it. 

ok,will look into it.

I take back my complaint.
I found out by accident that my network card is not working properly.
When today I downloaded nvidia drivers I noticed that the IL-2 download speed up. That is it. If downloading other file at the same time the IL-2 downloads normally. If not, then it basically stops.

As per Haashashin's suggestion, deleting the contents of the update folder and re-launching allowed a the update to proceed. All working for me now. Thx Haash.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It didn't work for me.still have the problem

problem solved.but I had to do total reinstall.

• Upvote 1

The same problem, I deleted the "updates" folder and installed the update, but it stops again near the end.

I will wait to see if it is resolved by the developers, I find it heavy to have to reinstall the entire game.

Yeah same here, 2 times happened. I'll try again a last time. After that If the only way is to reinstall the complete game, IL2 will just loose a player.

• Like 1

Got the same problem, failed to update, tried several times including restarts etc.  It had got through at least half of the update, then just stopped, now I get failed to update!

yea,it's doing it to me again. last time, turning off my anti virus solved the issue but this time no.

Launcher downloaded latest update (3.102) total size 2,14 GB. Then it showed ,,Failed to update''. I have closed the launcher and opened it again. This time it  downloaded just few kilobytes but final size went from 2 GB gradually to zero and then again failed to update. In last_update log i have found :

Preparing patch of /data/Graphics3.gtp (1689459 bytes).
...............................Update for /data/Graphics3.gtp is ready.
Processing /data/GUI/EditorObjectsBlackList.cfg.
Killer signal caught for mirror cdn.il2sturmovik.net.
Closing cURL client.
Thread for mirror cdn.il2sturmovik.net was finished.
.Failed to get update files from http source.
Closing cURL client.

Followed the advice above to delete updates folder, seems to be fine now, but I don't have time to play today now, I'll have to wait until tomorrow, fingers crossed.  Thanks for the advice posted above and good luck to all who're having the same problem.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I deleted the update folder and got as far as the installation,then the same shit,update failed. maybe the servers are over loaded,lol

Edited by Fletch

I also deleted the update folder and was able to install the update.

But after 1st start of IL-2 "Kaspersky-Internet Security 2019" was wiping out launcher.exe, IL-2.exe and several DLLs.

This has never happened before.

I did Haashashin's tip, (not steam versjon), deleted everyting related to the newest patch. Everything worked after that. But I did not use my pc or internet while updating, just to not Jinx enything :P . Everything good now.

Exept, sound.... Having asound bug. When two or three difrendt sounds are played simultanly, engine sound disaperes. (me 262 Kuban map).

having same issue. Failed to Update, obviously something is not quite Right.

I updated but when I launch the game, i receive the message

" Please update your game " etc....

Any ideas, guys ?

"Failed to Update " Three times twice with standard fix 😒 ^ ^ then complete reinstall with virus protection off  = "Failed to Update"   Never ever had a problem   Was always such a simple process !        Any fixes or words of wisdom would be appreciated 

Posted (edited)

I also got the message "Failed to Update" Deleting the update folder and trying again! I will report back. It worked!

Edited by BSS_Ripper*
It Worked

Yeah... Mine fails to Update as well... It loads to approximately 80 percent after an hour of so then stops and displays the dreaded "Failed to Update. Had the same problem when I purchased and downloaded "Cliffs of Dover" never did get that straightened out. It doesn't make my happy that others have the same problem However I am glade to know that I'm not the only one who has had this problem. I not what you would call technically gifted so I hope the Dev's pay attention and put a fix to this. I've dropped a good deal of cash on this game.

Its a great sim and worth the doe however I expect to play the dam thing 

1 hour ago, BSS_Ripper* said:

I also got the message "Failed to Update" Deleting the update folder and trying again! I will report back. It worked!

Worked for me too

Posted (edited)

I have deleted update files and downloaded it again (2,14/2,14 GB) but it again failed. In log a found that it Failed to extract file(s) from pack(s).
Failed to get update files from http source. My connection is working so problem must be in the update or their servers.

Problem solved. This worked for me (I don't have game via Steam):  delete the folder called 'updates' and backup data/startup.cfg file (it contains your settings) and data/luascripts/snapviews folder if you altered the default camera positions for yourself. Then open launcher and update again.

Edited by snaigoraj
Problem solved