Would you like a KV2 tank?

Would you like a KV2?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a KV2 tank?

• I would like to see the KV2 done as a Collector Tank.
    • I wouldn´t pay for it but it would be a good option in a future TC2
    • I am not interested in that particular model.

I've mentioned it before... but as a mission builder, I'd like to see a Russian player T-70 and the German Pz38 t. I know they are light tanks but one could put together some interesting battles using the lighter player tanks. 😁

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'd rather have a playable BT7, much more fun to drive around in this speedy thing !

For early war scenarios against PzIII it would be a nice addition to the game. 

Plus they had a longer service life than KV2s and were produced in far superior numbers.

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber
  • Upvote 3

It was late coming but I like the IS-2

Nashorn for the German  side.

My scout vehicle would be (I know it sounds weird and not well known) a Sd.Kfz. 234/2 Puma with it's 50 cm or 75 cm gun

zipping down the road at 90 kph on big maps scouting for our main formations to find out where the enemy is.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

There are loads of other vehicles I'd like to see before a KV-2. For now I think we should stay with ones that fit our mid-1943 scenario. 

Chief among them is the StuG III. 

• Upvote 6

The failed tank KV-2 that was only produced in few numbers and had bad combat results, poor vision in it, bad side armour, big target and due to the weight broke down a lot and was slow compared to the normal KV-1. And the biggest issue: if the ground is uneven the turrets weight is so bad that it cant traverse the turret, need the ground to be completely even to be able to traverse the turret. Yeah have fun.

KV2 is all fun and games in other arcade tank games, but in a simulator experience I don't think it has much to offer in 1943. There is just too much negatives.

It is a massive target so everything will hit it from 2km. It can't move its turret if sits in the slightest slope at all. The turret will get stuck if its not positioned correctly when firing, it can't see, can't move, gun elevation makes the tank useless anywhere but flat roads, horrible reload. I highly doubt it would be a fun experience in a simulator setting. Leave it for arcade games.

• Upvote 1
On 6/20/2019 at 11:27 PM, Finkeren said:

Chief among them is the StuG III. 

Absolutely agreed.

Another tank I always was fascinated of is the M3 Lee/Grant. Hopefully we will get it in another TC title after CAP.

On 6/23/2019 at 6:13 PM, Torrens said:

It is a massive target so everything will hit it from 2km. 

As a test I have shot moving AI-trucks with my trusty Tiger over 3,3 km. A KV-2 is something like 4x the size ?  I have one in WT and WoT but I do not see the fun of it. If I am correct it was build to blow up things like bunkers/pill boxes/MG-nests etc

2 hours ago, Slater said:

I want ze elephant 

sdkfz-184-ferdinand-kursk-1943-premium-e

Zay hello to mein Porsche!

Two tracks, two two engines, two generators, two loaders and an L/71. What do you want more? (except speed)

I am quite interested in the Ferdinand's driving experience, because it is gasoline-electric.

• Like 1

The Ferdinand was more like a heavily armored selfpropelled antitank gun, than a tank. Place it before the battle starts where you want it to be through the battle, and hope the enemy won't win, because you won't be able to withdraw it.

8 hours ago, manintan2016 said:

Look at history. The Ferdinand had poor performance due to somewhere around 15 mph speed, less over broken ground. But, it would be interesting to see that in the game

The troops loved it and it performed very good besides speed (akkording to Dr. Roman Töppel).

https://www.amazon.de/Kursk-1943-Greatest-Military-History/dp/1912390035/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=Kursk+1943&qid=1562223708&s=gateway&sr=8-3

It performed the job of battering ram really well.

If someone is interested I can post the passage in the book after i get home. But i have the German version so most of you won't be able to read it.

Edited by SchleiferGER

I also came across Ferdinand in one of memoirs of german soldier. They loved it, they got one of it to help them in defence of some town. And it alone destroyed all enemy tanks and forced rest to retreat. They had to burn it down later because no fuel. But this one thing saved their lives so of course they loved it.

I think this book was called "blood red snow" or bloody snow, something like that. Highly recommending it.

• Upvote 1
On 7/4/2019 at 4:01 AM, Yogiflight said:

The Ferdinand was more like a heavily armored selfpropelled antitank gun, than a tank. Place it before the battle starts where you want it to be through the battle, and hope the enemy won't win, because you won't be able to withdraw it.