Sign in to follow this  
1_Robert_

Wow- I love these old birds

Well the title says it. I've been an aviation buff and flying flight sims for 30+ years, never having any interest in the old ww1 aircraft. I purchased FC only to support the devs and recently I thought I'd try out a couple of the FC planes not expecting much other than boredom from flying soooo slow. 

To my surprise, I've thoroughly enjoyed it and have loved getting to know their individual charm and characteristics. I've been reading up on these pioneers of aviation warfare and I'm really hoping we see a map and a campaign of some sort eventually. It would be great to have some type of historic campaign, with historic squadrons, aircraft, vehicles, equipment, artillery, map...etc. 

My understanding is there will be very little developed for this launch and if there is an appetite then we could see development on a further launch? If so, I sure hope others give these aircraft a try as I did. They too may be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Hopefully it will do well enough to justify a second module, and eventually a career mode, but in the meantime Pat Willson as I recall has said he will adapt his campaign generator for FC. 

On 6/11/2019 at 10:24 AM, 1_Robert_ said:

I'm really hoping we see a map and a campaign of some sort eventually. It would be great to have some type of historic campaign, with historic squadrons, aircraft, vehicles, equipment, artillery, map...etc. 

Robert,  so good to hear your impressions as a pilot getting involved in WWI.   I'm sure your comments are music to the developers ears as much as it is to those of us who are WWI sim enthusiasts.   

Jasta 5 is hoping to host it's annual Black September campaign this year hopefully on the new Arras map.  

Jasta 5 has conducted this historical campaign along with our Bloody April campaign for several years in Rise of Flight and look forward to hosting them in the Flying Circus environment as soon as the necessary resources in plane sets and map make that possible.  We also expect other campaigns by other well established flying groups like JG1 to be hosted and hope other newer groups will form and host additional events as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J5_Baeumer said:

Jasta 5 has conducted this historical campaign along with our Bloody April campaign for several years in Rise of Flight and look forward to hosting them in the Flying Circus environment as soon as the necessary resources in plane sets and map make that possible.  We also expect other campaigns by other well established flying groups like JG1 to be hosted and hope other newer groups will form and host additional events as well.

I look forward to that and meeting you all in the skies :)

• Like 1

Rise of Flight is the game that got me into flight sims and I finally got Flying Circus the other day. I find the low speed near ground fights much more intense somehow. You can see the guy nearby, hear him coming ... In VR I have to physically stand up to aim my overwing machine guns and leave my rudder pedals unattended. In Rise of Flight I always felt so restricted by the screen view but with this in VR I can look around everywhere and get the thrill of falling through space while chasing or being chased. I have to physically move my head to line my eyes up with the sights. God, I love it. I love the base game too, but once this gets full release my WWII planes are going to get a little neglected, I think. This whole series being in VR is a dream come true.

• Like 1