Sign in to follow this  
chipwich

I guess that with 3.101 update, all of the community SCs will need to be converted

From the update blog: 

Because of the huge amount of changes, the track and mission format was changed. If you're an author of a custom mission or campaign, you need to resave your creation (it can be done quickly using 'Convert missions to binary in folder' in the Mission editor).

https://il2sturmovik.com/news/478/update-3101/

Posted (edited)

They do need to be converted, but anyone can do it. if you download a scripted campaign, you can open the mission editor and under "tools" select "convert missions to binary in folder". Browse to the campaign folder in the drop down list and hit OK.

If you open a mission to edit individually, you have to delete the MSNBIN file first or it gives you and error message.

Edit ~ It just took 2 1/2 minutes to update a 15 mission campaign file folder and you do not have to delete the MSBIN files from the folder first.

Edited by Jaegermeister
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Jaegermeister.  I've been able to convert all of the ones that I had begun flying except for JG51 over Velikie Luki.  Strange because Chir Front had no problem.  Anyone else had luck converting both Veteranen campaign JG51 over Velikie Luki?  It looks like it completes, but the missions will not load from the Campaign's menu.

11 hours ago, chipwich said:

Thanks Jaegermeister.  I've been able to convert all of the ones that I had begun flying except for JG51 over Velikie Luki.  Strange because Chir Front had no problem.  Anyone else had luck converting both Veteranen campaign JG51 over Velikie Luki?  It looks like it completes, but the missions will not load from the Campaign's menu.

No problem. I’m not sure about your other conversion issue.

Posted (edited)

Jaegermeister, you saved a few weeks of my work and at the same time learning to use the editor. I already had everything to throw in the trash can and give peace to missions but I have already looked in the forum and thanks to your helpful entry the mission is saved. Thanks !

Edited by 8ELT_Grzesiek