Han

Game version 3.101 discussion: Me 262 A, T-34-76 UVZ 1943, Albatros D.Va, S.E.5a

I had the 262 up for a first flight. What a gem that bird is. It is really fun with the startup procedure, and absolutely a joy to fly. Thank you for this wonderful aircraft. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

B17/B24 would be fine 🙂 Honestly - I want more Arado Ar234 ♥️

There is a high chance for Ar234 unlike the 4engined bomber, but lets not derail this thread.

7 hours ago, Winglesschip209 said:

man really the distortion on the prop was on your guys end i thought it was my 1080ti not keeping up with the game lol i spent 2 days trying to figure it out hahaha o well at lest now it works fine. thank you guys for the update and also have a great summer loving the new update specially the 262 what a fine craft and nice work you guys have done to it thank you guys again 

Edit not sure if its in my end but still has very little distortion on the prop

For sure its just our 1080Ti,s not being able to keep up. Gotta wait another couple hardware generations for us to not have any more issues for demanding games like this in VR. On another note I figured out that they sacrificed the shimmer effect from the prop when in cockpit view for this fix. A necessary evil but I do hope it returns should we see VR optimizations in newer headsets in the future. 

• Upvote 1

Great update. Thanks devs!

ME 262 is great but I am especially very happy with your continuous work on AI behaviour!

First thing I tested was AA and unfortunately it hasn't been fixed. 

• Upvote 1

Is there still no way to repair damaged tank systems? The earlier news post talked about the possibility of repair, but it seems not possible?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

B17/B24 would be fine 🙂 Honestly - I want more Arado Ar234 ♥️

Ar 234 and Spit XIV have the highest likelihood to maybe get collector plane treatment. We'll see.

Edited by sevenless
  • Upvote 1

Didn't fly the 262, I know, I know - sacrilege but, did some career missions.

Noticed a few things

- more activity at airfield - planes and people.  More objects and this was on basic visuals.

- Towns look different

- clouds also different - my couple missions I saw some nice dense cloud cover with breaks - interesting.

- squad listens to commands better.

- Kuban map in QMB seemed a little more optimised, similar performance to Stalingrad and Moscow.

Still require parallel projection compatibility for Pimax VR - maybe one day it will change.

Anyway - A big thanks for the continued improvements and from some screens on AI formations it looks like we finally have Finger Four happening.  I have to look at the formation radio commands and see if there have been any changes there.  That and check out the Peshkas rear gunner AI.👍

Wow what an update!

Nice to see the AI improvements, and also VR getting some love as well.

Posted (edited)

Great update. Some nice stuff to play around with. 

and of course well done to ICDP. Those Me 262 and Fw 190A-8 skins look great as always.

9 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Shoutout to @ICDP and @BlackHellHound1 for the great 4K skins they look great.

I had an error trying to load the Schentke skin on the F4, but everything else works well!!

Thanks mate. Appreciate it!

I also noticed that issue and I passed it on to the devs. Cant wait to see those F-4's in the skies :)

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

Edited by BlackHellHound1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

AI improvements are great, esp for the gunners. The 'realistic delay' between aiming and firing I think shoudl resolve some of those crazy shots that kill you the second you drift into the firing arc. 

Of course, flying a Pe-2 won't be quite as survivable either...

cry

Posted (edited)

All three new aircraft are superb, the 262 really is a beast, I had to fiddle about with the new start up procedures but got there eventually, thank you very much to all involved, really appreciated.:salute:

Contrary to my initial expectations I did not crash first time out.:cool:

2019_6_10__20_43_29.jpg

2019_6_10__20_45_12.jpg

2019_6_10__20_58_12.jpg

2019_6_10__21_4_54.jpg

Edited by Missionbug
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nirrti said:

Is there still no way to repair damaged tank systems? The earlier news post talked about the possibility of repair, but it seems not possible?

Repair is automatic - you need turn off an engine and open the hatch. And repair will start. 

Edited by I./JG1_Baron
  • Thanks 1

I really like how you added a little more complexity to the engine startup procedure! 👍 
Maybe you could add that to the other piston engine planes too. Nothing too complicated, just add one or two steps to the start up, e.g. opening the fuel lever, activating the magnetos, moving the throttle in the right position and then hitting the ignition switch. Adds a lot to the simulation experience, guess a lot of us nerds would appreciate that. 😁

• Upvote 9

BIG CONGRATS devs, awesome update!

- Didn't test it yet, but I greatly appreciate the work on the AI

- The new "Startup" mechanics are very cool and add to the immersion (now I only wait until one can start a SP mission in a parked plane...)

- The Schwalbe is beautiful!

I like the direction the sim is going, that it gets a bit more complex and fleshed out is exactly what I wanted to see - go on like this! :)

Cheers

• Upvote 2

The new start up with the 262 had me a DCS feel to it :)    Not to compare but it felt like I had responsibilities for the ship.  I know the ground crew would be upset if I got it wrong.. 

Oh btw... what are the holes on the aft port side of the 262?   Is it ventilation for the radio??

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Knipser said:

I really like how you added a little more complexity to the engine startup procedure! 👍 
Maybe you could add that to the other piston engine planes too. Nothing too complicated, just add one or two steps to the start up, e.g. opening the fuel lever, activating the magnetos, moving the throttle in the right position and then hitting the ignition switch. Adds a lot to the simulation experience, guess a lot of us nerds would appreciate that. 😁

Not only I have a whole procedure for the PC like plug in the joystick, the peddals, calibrating the joystick as very often it is needed because of Windows. Starting the program, manually changing the process priority because it helps. Now I will have according to you to make airplane procedures too. If some like it, others don't. The "E" key is perfectly fine. All those procedures are a huge time sink unless you are after fully simulated plane but then go to DCS.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, JG27_Kornezov said:

If some like it, others don't. The "E" key is perfectly fine.

70. All aircraft: when starting or shutting down the engine with all three difficulty options "Cruise control", "Throttle auto limit" and "Engine auto control" turned off you need to move the engine controls during the startup or shutdown procedure yourself;

Just enable either of these difficulty options and the startup is automatic.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sneaksie said:

70. All aircraft: when starting or shutting down the engine with all three difficulty options "Cruise control", "Throttle auto limit" and "Engine auto control" turned off you need to move the engine controls during the startup or shutdown procedure yourself;

In multiplayer environment, you'd need to tell that to the server admin :)

Didn't really find anything different starting my beloved 109 G-2 :)

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

The trouble here is that we are now at the mercy of mp server admins with regard to what THEY want to see rather than what WE want to do

This should be a player option, not a server option.

Edited by TP_Silk
Add comment

Posted (edited)

Thank you, Devs for making this sim even more magical! Another wonderful update! Thanks, also, for working on the AI, and lovin' the Me-262...:-):good:

Edited by Indigene

La-5FN series 2 now requires the boost button to get any performance out of the engine.

Not sure if it is the new engine management but the La-5FN series 2 now behaves exactly as the La-5. At ground level you need to enable the boost for the engine to be able to go over the 12(?) manifold (?) pressure otherwise it will sit under 10 and over 3500m when you enable the stage 2 (air compressor?) you have to disable the boost or the boost will be enabled if that makes sense.

2 hours ago, AeroAce said:

cry

I cry every time I get shot down in a Pe-2. My water bill is like 10000 dollars a month to keep from getting dehydrated from all the tears. Please someone help me budget this, my family is starving

9 minutes ago, Capt_Teddy_Bear said:

La-5FN series 2 now requires the boost button to get any performance out of the engine.

Not sure if it is the new engine management but the La-5FN series 2 now behaves exactly as the La-5. At ground level you need to enable the boost for the engine to be able to go over the 12(?) manifold (?) pressure otherwise it will sit under 10 and over 3500m when you enable the stage 2 (air compressor?) you have to disable the boost or the boost will be enabled if that makes sense.

I don't have the FN, but shouldn;t that be the case? I thought it was the same engine as teh La-5 just with unlimited boost?

7 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

I don't have the FN, but shouldn;t that be the case? I thought it was the same engine as teh La-5 just with unlimited boost?

Actually, it's a stronger engine. 1850hp output as opposed to 1700hp on the La-5F

• Upvote 1

First off:

"10. The game launcher (non-Steam version) now offers more options (enabling or disabling VR, 4K textures, GUI autoscale and mods);"

"AI improvements"

Thanks so much for these!

Also getting the Me262 started is very satisfying!

Now the bug I found:

Haven't tried the update much yet but already I noticed (in VR) that the valve rockers on the D.Va seem to move in super slow motion, sometimes at idle RPM they work normally.

Amazing update,

so much content to try out.... the 262 is a work of art!

Cheers

finally got a chance to fly the ME262. Start up is nice, enough immersion without the tedium of other sims, its a good balance. I set engine 1 on fire on my first go, not a good start. Finally got there in the end after watching Req's tutorial, thanks mate. It would be nice if they extended the start ups to some other aircraft, such as the FW190 and BF109, E to start the inertia starter and then user to engage clutch manually.

Havent been able to get it airborne, but I was trying with bombs on. This will require a long runway, accelerating is quite poor on the ground but was expected from reading about its flaws. 

Great update. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Knipser said:

I have to admit, I enjoy the new start procedure for the Me 262. My only issue with more complex engine start procedures is key binding. There's so many controls in this game, that I've already spent many hours remapping keys to make them placed conveniently. Even the new Me 262 controls, I moved around for convenience, and easy reach. More added controls just adds to this complexity.

Without clickable cockpits, I'd rather keep engine management as it currently is.

how to restart engines of the Me262 in flight? Throttle doesnt work and injecting fuel caused fire.

2 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

how to restart engines of the Me262 in flight? Throttle doesnt work and injecting fuel caused fire.

If you have a flame out, hit the ignition switches and the engines will hopefully restart

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Knipser said:

Thats how its in CloD, and it gets boring realy fast, if they decide to go for more manual key pressing i hope they have sence and have E as automatic start, and other manual keys (where some other key then E start engine) at same time available on any difficulty, so player then can select if he wonts to do manual start for 467th time, or just use E and wait for automatic, no need for separating this by diff settings so players who like game of pressing keys can play on same server with players who like to just flying game.

For now what they did is not so dramatic, but i dont like the way it goes, on lagg i need to start with E and go 100% mix and then ~15-25% trottle and it will start, for Spit9 or P-47 i just need to press E and go 100% mix, didnt try rest... why is this adition nessecary i dont know is me moving mix to 100% after pressing E somehow more imerseve then just pressing E, lol no its just one more unneccesary thing i now need to do before i can take of, and when i do 100+ sorties per month ill fast get frustrated with this uneccesary adition, and i have no options as server is deciding what starting method i should use

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Haha 1

Anyone found anything related to this yet in the sim? I'm very curious about the extent of this:

66. Physical models of all aircraft engines have been revised, many rare bugs were found and fixed;

4 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

If you have a flame out, hit the ignition switches and the engines will hopefully restart

You mean "E" ?

Just now, Voidhunger said:

You mean "E" ?

No, if you look in the key binding settings you will see an option for ignition switch in engine section (I think default is Shift E?) set it to whatever your preference is and if the engine flame outs, hold the ignition switch and the engines will hopefully restart.

23 hours ago, Han said:

News on 3.101 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

After playing last night I have to say the VR issue with the propeller and motion-smoothing has not been fixed for me.

It appeared to be OK at first but when I fire the guns in the Albatross the issue still exists. In fact I think I'm seeing more artifacts like that in game now. It's still early and I need to do more tests but I was getting the same shimmering effect on things like wheel spokes and such.

HTC Vive, 1080ti

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

No, if you look in the key binding settings you will see an option for ignition switch in engine section (I think default is Shift E?) set it to whatever your preference is and if the engine flame outs, hold the ignition switch and the engines will hopefully restart.

I tried that and the engines strarted to burn

Edited by Voidhunger

Just now, Voidhunger said:

I tried that and the engines strarted to fire

what is the gas temperature?