Han

Game version 3.101 discussion: Me 262 A, T-34-76 UVZ 1943, Albatros D.Va, S.E.5a

3 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

Plus its an opportunity to get out my seal costume!
/I'm a seal of approval!

sealofapproval_comp.thumb.jpg.a16b95067f3d1aa77691bd49feb93046.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Great news. I‘m looking forward to the new toys once I return from vacation on friday.

Any screenshots of the smoke inside tanks?

35 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

I love this!😀

Power.jpg

‘So he seriously has his flaps down, when will it end..

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jcomm-il2 said:

I don't have access to IL-2 GB right now, so I'm curious about what happens to the turbine RPM if you shutdown an engine and accelerate / decelerate - Is the windmill effect simulated?

For sure.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, MercCrom175 said:

‘So he seriously has his flaps down, when will it end..

He started to fall apart. Flaps, wing and the tail

Wow, looks like a huge update!

Other than the new planes/tanks I'm very eager to try the new AI formation behavior.

Will be testing it all in an hour or so, very pumped.

Holy cow, two of the top 10 of most aesthetically pleasing aircraft ever made from my humble personal list came alive today - Me 262 and Albatros V! 

Thanks devs!

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Is there a QMB that starts on a paved runway? Seems odd in a 262 lifting from a field.

The airfield in lower right corner (south-east) of Kuban-map have a paved runway if you taxi to the right from parking. Its just about long enough for take-off/landing 🙂

Edited by Gridset
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Strange thing, am i alone?

With this update all the mission type icons on the map in quick mission seem to have been a little shifted. For exemple on Kuban some Solo flight icons are located over the water and not over an airfield, but it change nothing in the mission start

Edited by Arsenal53

Thanks very much for the great update. I hope for the devs and Jason the the Sim Expo in Orlando is a success and will bring more customers to the game.

Thanks for your great work!

Hi great work, good to see were on track again,and things can only get better, again lots of good work, ty

Jason whatever you guys did with the AI it's amazing. I haven't tried it too much yet but dogfighting 4 yaks with the f4 was insane. All AI on ace, they were whipping it hard, all types of maneuvers I only managed to bring one down. Freaking awesome job. This is what I am talking about guys. Great work.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Just had my first attempt at starting, taxing and taking off in the 262.

A few issues early on with the engines. Got it together on the 3rd attempt. Taxiing was a little tricky using the brakes for steering.

Nicely lined up on the runway...power....trying to keep her straight...barely reaching 190km/h... when I hit the end of the runway...panic....got the nose-wheel lifting and then hit gear up too soon before main wheels were in the air.......beautiful crash as I pancaked back on to the dirt, wheels off, left engine off, wing detached....

The 262 is a beaut. Really well done. Great cockpit too.

Now to relocate to an airfield with a longer runway and try again.

Edited by kendo

The 262 is amazing and the detail again on point.
I can see the compressor and turbine spinning inside the engine and the nozzle moves with different power settings. Nice!!!

Posted (edited)

15. AI keeps the formation much better;

Yoar...I would say THIS works as intended  😉 Close to Airshow quality now.

And the "rejoin formation" order works veeeery quick now. Your commrades are left and right from you in no time.

2019_6_10__22_25_34.jpg

2019_6_10__22_25_59.jpg

2019_6_10__22_26_11.jpg

Edited by Semor76
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I am actually more excited about the AI tweaks than the aircraft (but thanks for those too). :)

Keep chipping away - and thank you so much!

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

15. AI keeps the formation much better;

Yoar...I would say THIS works as intended  😉 Close to Airshow quality now.

And the "rejoin formation" order works veeeery quick now. Your commrades are left and right from you in no time.

That´s brilliant news! I got so excited with the 262 that I didn´t even try that :good:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

man really the distortion on the prop was on your guys end i thought it was my 1080ti not keeping up with the game lol i spent 2 days trying to figure it out hahaha o well at lest now it works fine. thank you guys for the update and also have a great summer loving the new update specially the 262 what a fine craft and nice work you guys have done to it thank you guys again 

Edit not sure if its in my end but still has very little distortion on the prop

Edited by Winglesschip209

Posted (edited)

Only did a very short test but I'm very happy with the formations and wingmen keeping up!

262 is a beauty!

Edit: Shoutout to @ICDP and @BlackHellHound1 for the great 4K skins they look great.

I had an error trying to load the Schentke skin on the F4, but everything else works well!!

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Redwo1f said:

I am actually more excited about the AI tweaks than the aircraft (but thanks for those too). :)

Keep chipping away - and thank you so much!

I have setup Me262 as my wingmen (1 or 2 planes) in QMB and I am disappointed how their AI performs: it circles aimlessly despite targets flying nearby, it is unable to gain altitude resulting in crashing into trees (with minimum weight), it performs a loop and flames out at the top because of insufficient speed, it lowers a landing gear but then raises it back up and circles around again ad-nauseum etc: Maybe AI finally responds to player's commands and also returns to base when it runs out of ammo, but personally I saw no improvements in AI as it pertains to Me262. Hopefully the AI can handle other aircraft better.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, WheelwrightPL said:

I have setup Me262 as my wingmen (1 or 2 planes) in QMB and I am disappointed how their AI performs: it circles aimlessly despite targets flying nearby, it is unable to gain altitude resulting in crashing into trees (with minimum weight), it performs a loop and flames out at the top because of insufficient speed, it lowers a landing gear but then raises it back up and circles around again ad-nauseum etc: Maybe AI finally responds to player's commands and also returns to base when it runs out of ammo, but personally I saw no improvements in AI as it pertains to Me262. Hopefully the AI can handle other aircraft better.

That plane literally just came out...🙄

Edited by JgonRedcorn
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

I love this!😀

Power.jpg

Nice shot !

Treta job with the AI formations!

51 minutes ago, 325TH_SPEKTRE76 said:

Failed to Update 4x already.

Delete all the contents of the update folder.

First MP 1v1 vs. a 262 while flying a Spit IX... caught EA from above while he pulled around after a ground attack run. Once I was on his tail (going about 450 mph) it was a turkey shoot. The rest of the sortie involved chasing phantom 262s that repeatedly egressed before I could find them (I see why it can be considered near-immune to air interception as a bomber flown at high speed at all times.)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, =vintage=Wochi said:

They could have delivered the P51D or P38L with the Me262, one of those 2 planes. But it is more important to launch aircraft for Flying Circus. And we all celebrate like seals. 🙁

Awesome impression of entitlement. Well done - it should give a few laughs.

• Upvote 1

Oh man i cant wait to get into the 262 looks amazing. 

On a side note I must  now buy FC the se5 and alb v look great.

Posted (edited)

Steamvr Oculus Rift:

When running IL-2 from the Steam store version:

IL-2 update v3.101

No User UI? no escape key unable to exit,

used ALT-F4 to quit to Desktop.

Fixed Forced integrity check and the Steam updated the Steam Version.

When run from SteamVR, Oculus Application:

PC version works no problem. 

Fixed forced an integrity check on Steam version, now working.

steamvrnoui.thumb.jpg.8b5c4c5b9a0d839f5674153bbedbabee.jpg

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

Posted (edited)

What is the best climb rate for the 262? 

I have tried a couple of things such as staying level to get speed and then pulling up or trying to keep a constant speed.

Me thinks that it is not that good at climbing so far! But once u are on top and have speed..........

Edited by AeroAce

22 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

What is the best climb rate for the 262? 

I have tried a couple of things such as staying level to get speed and then pulling up or trying to keep a constant speed.

Me thinks that it is not that good at climbing so far! But once u are on top and have speed..........

See this post for what the manual for the real thing says:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/51228-she-is-here/?do=findComment&comment=782461

That is presumably TAS, per what the cockpit instrument reads above 400 km/h. Best climb is 475 Km/h at sea level, rising to 700 km/h at 12,000 m. Seem sensible enough, though I've not taken it above about 7000 m yet. With a jet, best climb speed is always going to be higher than what you'd expect with a prop, as the engines work best with lots of air getting shoved into the front... 

Have a bo peep at requiems how to fly the 262 video, ‘tis all in there tis.

gotta say, seeing the Sherman all crewed up made me shed a tear in joy, I hit on a SPG convoy in Qmb and got hit by their second shot, the gunner collapsed, on my 2nd try I saw a feature I welcome very much, the technochat showing the round being loaded! Finally can stay om expert settings and know what is in the breach 

• Thanks 1

The only problem with the Me262 is that now I want 4engined bomber even more! Ai only, at least for QMB.  And we can have another mission in career : shot down the lone bomber, so we dont need huge bomber formation. PLEASE! I will be first to preorder!

262 is lovely, thank you to all the team.

Was gaining height over the Kuban in the morning when the sun rose just enough to illuminate everything. In VR this looked fanatstic, but then I was suddenly struck by how calm and quiet everything felt after a piston-engined aircraft and understood why it must have felt so strange and new to pilots coming from 109s and 190s.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

The only problem with the Me262 is that now I want 4engined bomber even more! Ai only, at least for QMB.  And we can have another mission in career : shot down the lone bomber, so we dont need huge bomber formation. PLEASE! I will be first to preorder!

B17/B24 would be fine 🙂 Honestly - I want more Arado Ar234 ♥️

• Upvote 3