Han

Game version 3.101 discussion: Me 262 A, T-34-76 UVZ 1943, Albatros D.Va, S.E.5a

This update sounds terrific - can't wait for the installation to finish - I'm curious what I'm going to enjoy more: AI Improvement or the Schwalbe 😄

25 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

Whoa!!! Looks bloody excellent! 

And did we just see the first step towards full manual startup? 

Yes, it can be seen that way - you now have to ensure the levers are all in their proper place before just pressing the E key and letting the AI do its thing.

The Me 262 also requires the player to hold down what's known as an engine ignition button in order for the engines to start - just pressing the E key won't complete the engine start process.

• Thanks 2

That's an impressive list of Tank Crew improvements, it will feel much more like a simulation now with all those damage types.

Excellent, thanks very much! & Have  a nice summer !

The 262 is flat-out fun to fly! Take-offs and landings are a new challenge, granted, but swooping through the hills on the Kuban map at high speed is a blast.

Great work, devs!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Yes, it can be seen that way - you now have to ensure the levers are all in their proper place before just pressing the E key and letting the AI do its thing.

The Me 262 also requires the player to hold down what's known as an engine ignition button in order for the engines to start - just pressing the E key won't complete the engine start process.

Are the tech specs updated in game so that we know what the proper engine settings are for the startup? I know some of the proper settings for planes I fly often just from seeing the startup sequence so often, but I don't know most of them. 

• Upvote 1

21. AI guns and tanks aim in a more realistic way, there is a slight fire delay after aiming and before re-engaging;😀

The 262 seems to show 100 kph too much on cockpit gauge, not sure if bug or feature tho.136153260_DesktopScreenshot2019_06.10-18_39_55_41.thumb.png.b0eff403b89e4c401e2731343a24a680.png

Just now, Cacodemon96 said:

The 262 seems to show 100 kph too much on cockpit gauge, not sure if bug or feature tho.136153260_DesktopScreenshot2019_06.10-18_39_55_41.thumb.png.b0eff403b89e4c401e2731343a24a680.png

True Airspeed vs indicated airspeed would be my guess

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, OrangeNoise said:

I'm pretty sure UI shows IAS. I remember it showing that you can barely go past 400 kph at 7k in 109 K-4

Excellent 😄

11 minutes ago, Cacodemon96 said:

The 262 seems to show 100 kph too much on cockpit gauge, not sure if bug or feature tho.

Not a bug - the cockpit gauge shows both IAS and TAS. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Cacodemon96 said:

I'm pretty sure UI shows IAS. I remember it showing that you can barely go past 400 kph at 7k in 109 K-4

The 262 airspeed indicator shows TAS above 400kph - look closely at dial you will see there is a closed segment at 400 where it changes

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, OrangeNoise said:

The reverse should be true then...unless the guage is showing TAS and the HUD is showing IAS.

EDIT: I don't know what I'm talking about LOL, see above comments.

Edited by RedKestrel

Looking great! I've been refreshing the launcher all day! Thanks for all the AI upgrades!

-But then it hits like kick in the nuts... "Upgade failed" on my gaming rig. Dserver upgraded with no problems. (Of course). Doing clean install now. Sadly it takes a lot of time... But I still might be able to try Me-262 today if no more problems arise.

Wow awesome! I can't wait to try out the worlds first operational jet fighter. I'm going to se how high I can take it :biggrin:

Awesome! Still at work, but already thinking about how to take-off that Schwalbe...:D

Using the 262 in QM against 4 Peshkas....

It was GLORIOUS! LOOOOL

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

Sweetheart is back 

2019_5_16__16_7_30.thumb.jpg.16159281137e1286ed44c9fbd743d20f.jpg

Whaddayamean "I cannot add any more reactions today"?!!! Don't make me feel like this, then!!! SE5a and DVa on the same day!

• Like 1

Cool update, especially the bug fixes and general improvements.

1 hour ago, Alonzo said:

Mission Editor fails to load any of my missions. I've tried several. I know that I need to "convert all" to binary for the new game version, I will look at doing that, but currently the game editor crashes when I try to load a pre-3.101 mission. Presumably this is not the intended behavior.

Edit: To be clear, unless we can load the missions, none of the multiplayer server admins can add the 262 to their maps...

You don't need to open the missions to resave them. Open the editor empty and select the convert option for a folder.

10 minutes ago, Hanu said:

Doing clean install now. Sadly it takes a lot of time...

Deleting folder 'updates' should help in most cases without complete reinstall.

• Thanks 2

They could have delivered the P51D or P38L with the Me262, one of those 2 planes. But it is more important to launch aircraft for Flying Circus. And we all celebrate like seals. 🙁

• Haha 7
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

I cant resist to S.E.5a and D.Va !!!!! insta buy for me 

You fixed the ASW artifacts in VR! Thank you! Awesome! ASW allows to run with half the CPU requirement.

Now the only thing left are sunray-flicker-warp with ASW, and a stronger VR-zoom! Then we won't even need the mod anymore to not kill friendlies all the time  😂

Thanks, very well!

3 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Waiting for reports of the first SE5a vs Me262 dogfight

Where's Scharfi when you need her???

7 minutes ago, =vintage=Wochi said:

They could have delivered the P51D or P38L with the Me262, one of those 2 planes. But it is more important to launch aircraft for Flying Circus. And we all celebrate like seals. 🙁

Sorry no, the P-51, P-38 and Tempest are not done, therefore we cannot release them. Very simple situation. Bodenplatte is Early Access. The order in which they are released has zero bearing on the final product, which is what matters. 

Jason

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 20

Posted (edited)

Updates, Better then Christmas.😁😁 

Edited by 3uster3oo
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, =vintage=Wochi said:

We celebrate because we are happy and grateful.

• Sad 1

Got a bit excited on my Mach tuck dive and went below 6000 with the throttles- snuffed out both engines and had to dead-stick her into Krasnodar.

Had a very nice dig-in, when the stabilizer came back alive :)

Very nice first impression.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21. AI guns and tanks aim in a more realistic way, there is a slight fire delay after aiming and before re-engaging;

can you quickly elaborate on this?

is this only for tanks or is this for AI bomber gunners as well?

• Upvote 2

My favorit ww2 plane AND my two favorit ww1 planes on the same day 😮 !

• Upvote 1

All runs well. The ME file conversion of all the mission files has worked perfectly. It take some time but it did all the conversions automatically. 

They run now perfectly in the ME again. I see that the new planes are in the active Planes list of the ME. A pity that their static version has not been implemented, many planes still missing in static. I suppose priorities now are to fully finish Bodenplatte and there is still a lot to do. Let's hope we get an ME lifting once Bodenplatte is released.

Anyway good job, well done.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, =vintage=Wochi said:

Personally, I'm very much inclined to celebrate like a seal on this occasion.

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 3