Han

Game version 3.101 discussion: Me 262 A, T-34-76 UVZ 1943, Albatros D.Va, S.E.5a

OK I watched Requiem's video and cannot get RALT-F to move the gunsight out of the way. I have tried mapping multiple keys to "Gun Sight Position Toggle" in Keymapper. Nothing works. Tried with power off, engines on, many different combos, it won't move. I have changed my default mappings so I'm not even sure  "Gun Sight Position Toggle" is the right one.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thanks

:salute:

Skud

8 minutes ago, ATAG_SKUD said:

OK I watched Requiem's video and cannot get RALT-F to move the gunsight out of the way. I have tried mapping multiple keys to "Gun Sight Position Toggle" in Keymapper. Nothing works. Tried with power off, engines on, many different combos, it won't move. I have changed my default mappings so I'm not even sure  "Gun Sight Position Toggle" is the right one.

Thanks

Skud

Try the other gun sight, the fancy one will not move. :scare:

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, sevenless said:

Maybe they adapt the A-20 for BoBP use? Would make sense to have the A-20G. We will see. Nothing official has been announced on that topic AFAIK.

Hope they will announce something juicy... still remember playing European Air War over 20 years ago, attacking large bomber formations of B-17s/24s/26s in a Schwalbe...  :happy:

• Like 1

I still have a very annoying sound issue. The most in tanks  but it happens in planes too.  It is somehow also influenced by changing cams because I had a few occasions where switching from pilot view to a free cam and back restored (some of the) sounds. In tanks most times first the engine sound stops, then the guns and then the tracks.

I am not sure it always is the case but it could be initiated after getting a hit.

In planes it happens too but less often as in tanks (in tanks almost every mission).   

Only way to restore is to reboot the game. All in SP. 

Do Ï have some settings wrong ?

Yesterday the main gun of my Tiger fired a shot while I was in the driver position.  It also happens that the loader is switching amo type on its own. Also noticed the (I think) rear machine gun of the KV1S shooting while I was in the driver position.

Are the new crew-members AI's ? 

Another thing that happens sometimes in SP missions, the tank gets immobile by driving over (amo) crates.  This lifts the tracks partly from the ground and I can only spin rounds.  

I once had this with a plane during taxi but I think that is correct behaviour, however stopping a tank with help of a small wooden crate is a bit strange.  

Could this be caused by some porting problem because most things happened while playing (older) player made tank missions. (the sound problem in planes was during normal quick missions on the BOK map when I was comparing all planes in their ability to wreck a steam train with MG/canons (I love this feature, not without risk either because 2 times I was to close to the locomotive when it blew up)

And 2 beginners wishes: is it possible to add the length of a runway as data to the map ?  

And as an (selectable difficult level) tool for beginning players like me, add some runway indicators/markers (like lights or lines/dots left and right indicating the runway and the begin of it). I have a really hard time with this. For most in planes that need the max runway. I spawn at an airfield and often I have no clue where the runway is. I assumed that if I spawn at the runway that it is OK to drive in the direction my plane is pointing but yesterday I was certain that was not the case. 

7 hours ago, ATAG_SKUD said:

Thanks

Skud

Yes I asked that question too until someone pointed out that Gyro sight cannot be stowed away. 🙄    (just clarifying the answer you got for the benefit of others with the same issue)

Posted (edited)

Of course, it can be stowed away.

In my video you can see it @ 1:35.

Activated by voice attack.

Using the standard key press R Alt + F (see further down in the Voice Attack command "Gun Away")

@ 2:50 the gun sight is restored.

Gun_Away.jpg

Edited by FlyNavy_BeeKayVR
Restored gunsight @ 2:50
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, pa4tim said:

I still have a very annoying sound issue. The most in tanks  but it happens in planes too.  It is somehow also influenced by changing cams because I had a few occasions where switching from pilot view to a free cam and back restored (some of the) sounds. In tanks most times first the engine sound stops, then the guns and then the tracks.

I am not sure it always is the case but it could be initiated after getting a hit.

In planes it happens too but less often as in tanks (in tanks almost every mission).   

Only way to restore is to reboot the game. All in SP. 

Do Ï have some settings wrong ?

Try updating your sound drivers

2 hours ago, FlyNavy_BeeKayVR said:

Of course, it can be stowed away.

In my video you can see it @ 1:35.

Activated by voice attack.

Using the standard key press R Alt + F (see further down in the Voice Attack command "Gun Away")

@ 2:50 the gun sight is restored.

You are using the default gunsight, which can be stowed away, they are talking about the gyro gunsight, which is not stowable.

• Thanks 1

Please make voices on/off toggle-able , the scripted german and Russian voices are Very repetitive and annoying . At least come up with more than one or two  sentences that they repeat endlessly . Great Sim though , this is my only gripe . 😄

I just went into the Data/sound file and removed the russian and german files.  However, you have to do that after every update.

• Thanks 1

was on holiday and just managed to fly the Schwalbe... 🤤

I have no words, it is simply sublime... Thanks devs!!

Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2019 at 3:53 AM, Rekt said:

Interesting...no change for me, on the A3 at least. 

Which model(s) did you try?

You're pulling back on the stick to lock the wheel, right?

My mistake completely, today all is fine, and i can take off as always.

Yes, i pulled back to lock as usual, even the locked icon was displayed, but i dont know why i kept spinning. I use to take off with rudder corrections, but this occasions i had to take off with brake corrections, the rudder had no effect in the ground; I had the same response as i was trying to take off at low rpm. It happened twice, with A3 and A5, once with each one.

I dont know what happened, maybe joystick malfunction, or loose cable or something. But definitively some kind of individual problem in my equipment, as no one has reported the same problem, and today it works perfect for me.

Thank you anyway Rekt! :good:

Edited by Glitterman
  • Upvote 1

Was hoping to update and play today 6/16/2019, I can't get the update to complete, it keeps going into "Failed to update".  Running windows 7 pro.  I have tried restarting as well as running as admin.  Any ideas?

16 minutes ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

airacobra - empty the updates folder and retry

Thanks, I must have missed that.  I could tell it wasn't working right as the total size kept changing.  I deleted the contents like you suggested and the update size is staying solid at 1.62 GB, and the transfer size is greater than zero.  Looks like this is going to work!

Thank you!

I noticed that the heavy flak is now showing the yellow tracer. Was this change intentional? Did the Flak 36 and equivalent high altitude AAA guns have a tracer in real life?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I noticed that the heavy flak is now showing the yellow tracer. Was this change intentional? Did the Flak 36 and equivalent high altitude AAA guns have a tracer in real life?

Confirm. Heavy Flak 36/88mm is now firing tracer. Surely a bug?

20 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

Try updating your sound drivers

W10 showed two sound devices, the realtek being default. It did some driver update. I did not try the other one because I did not want to take the risk of getting other problems. (i am relative new to W10 after 30 years of only Unix and Linux)

It did something but did not solved it. Now first the radio silenced, not a bad thing 😀 the other sounds dropped out over a much longer time as before and now their volume decreases over time. The gun sound now did not disappear but got a lot less loud. Switching cams sometimes increases the volume a few steps up again.

So it is probably a fault in my system. Strange enough I have no other problems with sound (you tube, media-players, War Thunder, DCS, WoT etc) This is a normal stock of the shelf Lenovo PC. I think it has something to do with a high dynamic range of sounds in IL-2 triggering some tinnitus mechanism (W10 ?) because in tanks it happens after a good hit. 

So I will not bore you all with this problem any longer because it probably is not a bug. 

On 6/16/2019 at 10:24 AM, pa4tim said:

And as an (selectable difficult level) tool for beginning players like me, add some runway indicators/markers (like lights or lines/dots left and right indicating the runway and the begin of it). I have a really hard time with this. For most in planes that need the max runway. I spawn at an airfield and often I have no clue where the runway is. I assumed that if I spawn at the runway that it is OK to drive in the direction my plane is pointing but yesterday I was certain that was not the case. 

What I do is switch quickly to Flyby View so I can get an idea of where to go.

(Not sure if it's helpful for non VR however, in VR you can move your head around in Flyby.) 

I am quite new to IL-2 (one month or so ). I fly only in VR with the Odyssey+ and IL-2 looks great. What I don't know is with the most recent update that adds the ME262 and other new aircraft, I can't fly them myself but can only have them as AI in Quick Missions. What must I achieve or pay for to be able to actually first person fly these new aircraft. I don't see what DLC to purchase or must I achieve a certain skill.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Dave

An Albatross DVa dressed up with a Greentail has never looked so good!  Thanks devs!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, whitav8 said:

I am quite new to IL-2 (one month or so ). I fly only in VR with the Odyssey+ and IL-2 looks great. What I don't know is with the most recent update that adds the ME262 and other new aircraft, I can't fly them myself but can only have them as AI in Quick Missions. What must I achieve or pay for to be able to actually first person fly these new aircraft. I don't see what DLC to purchase or must I achieve a certain skill.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Dave

I am new too. This game is made out of several "modules" You buy a module (battle of...) that has a map and some time correct planes. The newest modules are most times not finished, like Bodenplatte. You can buy it as work in progress, and over time they add more planes and map-parts until it is complete as a free update. 

If you download the game you get everything but it is locked. When you buy a module they unlock that part of the game (planes and map parts). The planes and maps you get in the bought battle module, work for the whole game. If you buy bodenplatte and already have Battle of Kuban , You can fly the ME262 also on the Kuban maps. 

Tank Crew is also part of this great battle series so you can drive tanks from TC also on all those other maps. 

You can buy a sort of extensions for the battles, they are very nice missions but you need to have the battles they are written for.

If you buy from steam instead of direct it works different but I do not know how.

• Upvote 1

I'm testing some missions I built and I have to say I'm very happy with the AI. The enemy 109 and 190s are figting like champs on the vertical, and they are not turning in circles. Additionally the fight stays at 2K instead of slowly going down to ground level. Any time the enemy dives, they try to climb back up.

Can't say when these specific changes were introduced but I'm very happy!

• Upvote 4

I yesterday played some of your missions and I noticed that too.

I also played a mission (I do not remember who made that) that attacks a tank convoy and after all but 1 were killed (the map showed one but I could not find it, it was probably hidden or so)  But it was so cool to fly with some planes following you in formation that also did a hell of a job in killing the tanks. And when we flew back they all  followed again and that was a bit weird because I felt kinda proud of my "boys" doing such a good job. 😎 
They are great, they do not complain, insult no players, do not swear and they always do their job as best as they can. 

I often play quick missions to practice shooting and in beginner mode they fly circles and doe not shoot, so I tried one level up to average. Now they also did some vertical things too and shoot at me. Most time you can tail them round after round but now one made several moves that were pretty hard to follow. I think that was in a mission or campaign so maybe that was an other level of AI but I liked it. I made custom settings for tanks so there are no markers, that makes it a lot more interesting. To bad some missions do not work even after resaving like I read on the forum. (or converting to binairy)

11 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I'm testing some missions I built and I have to say I'm very happy with the AI. The enemy 109 and 190s are figting like champs on the vertical, and they are not turning in circles. Additionally the fight stays at 2K instead of slowly going down to ground level. Any time the enemy dives, they try to climb back up.

Can't say when these specific changes were introduced but I'm very happy!

This is why I was getting frustrated at the AI threads in the dev sub forum, the AI change is very much appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, JgonRedcorn said:

This is why I was getting frustrated at the AI threads in the dev sub forum, the AI change is very much appreciated.

Yes, I think some people are complaining when they face a turing plane while playing on Low settings.

I believe the planes i was facing were on High and they were already pretty good, I havent even tested Ace.

1 minute ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Yes, I think some people are complaining when they face a turing plane while playing on Low settings.

I believe the planes i was facing were on High and they were already pretty good, I havent even tested Ace.

Think you are right, I had initially done an ace on ace quick battle with 109's and yak's and was blown away. The yaks were doing stuff I've never seen the AI do in this game.

13 minutes ago, greezer50 said:

Where do I download this update?

Run the launcher, it should update automatically.

Would it be possible to have a little look at the trim on the SE5a?

Going back to RoF, it was possible to dial out the excessive nose up attitude of the aeroplane using curves.

Obviously, this is not an option in FC, presumably because the BoX engine is mainly centred around metal aeroplanes that could not be 'rigged' in the same fashion as the Geat War aeroplanes, something I fully understand.

The older aeroplanes were, however, much more adaptable to pilot's preferences than the all metal stressed skin monoplanes of the Second World War, many pilots asking their riggers to reduce dihedral to improve roll rate, for example.

I have no intention of starting a war over this, but I would politely ask if something can be done.

Regards, 

Stuart

On 6/10/2019 at 6:05 PM, Sneaksie said:

It means it should be solved, if you don't see this issue on a high load server with lots of players for some time than it is gone.

Well. The bug is still there. Today I was not able to see a formation of 4 bombers. I just could see 2 of them and they apeared just when they used lights. I have recorded that on live video and on track at the same time. If the team is interested on my track contact me and i will send you the track file to the mail pm etc.

On 6/10/2019 at 7:14 PM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Now the only thing left are sunray-flicker-warp with ASW, and a stronger VR-zoom! Then we won't even need the mod anymore to not kill friendlies all the time  😂

I cannot agree more!

On 6/12/2019 at 2:11 PM, Sneaksie said:

What VR zoom level would you like compared to the current one?

2x, 5x and 10x like in the 3Dmigoto mod.

5x or 6x. And quicker/faster, for less motion in zoom = less nausea.

It would be fantastic!

Sneaksie, Sorry for the late reply, but a x4 o x5 zoom (assuming current is x2) would be fine.

look this: 

Posted (edited)

I would prefer least 2 zoom levels 5x and 10x and as Fenris said "quicker/faster, for less motion in zoom = less nausea"

Edited by Pikas_62

Hey guys. I noticed that the sun is far too bright in VR since the latest patch.

When I have the sun anywhere in my FOV, even all the way at the edge almost the whole screen gets white. Cant really see almost anything anymore. I think its ok if the sun in blinding you to some degree. But as it is right now is very overdone in my opinion. I hope its just a bug the latest patch brought with it.

BTW: ingame Gamma is already lowered to 0.8 and it doesnt really matter if i turn off HDR or not.