istari6

Mod to increase fragility of the pilot?

A few days ago, I posted a thread over in the General Discussion:

It sparked an interesting discussion, and the general consensus is that while the airframe damage modeling is outstanding, the pilot character might be a tad too robust to ground impacts :).  While this seems like a really minor detail in a really good sim, it can impact the immersiveness of the experience.  I have no idea how many other people feel the same way, but I'd welcome a mod that increased the fragility of the pilot so that making a deadstick landing and walking away would be a real accomplishment.  That ground impacts at >100 kph will be fatal unless there's a long runout (e.g. belly landing) to drain the kinetic energy away safely.  

Is this possible?  

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

All I know is one time while I was just about to come to a dead stop in my 109 after taxiing to parking a zombie ground crew member continued to walk into my starboard leading edge and promptly face-planted himself beneath my right wing. That was some funny shit.

Edited by BornToBattle

I agree that the ability to live through crashes is too lenient.  I took a poll on this topic.

There may well be an issue with crash survivability, but I very much doubt that it could be solved through a mod, since that would almost certainly involve modifying  core game code, and the developers have made clear that isn't going to be permitted.