Sign in to follow this  
jamison01

Went to the Boeing Museum of Flight Today

Wow, what a great day out that must have been.  Thanks so much for sharing the photos too, the ability to zoom in on each one makes them a fantastic resource!

And there's another one -

located in Everett, about an hour or less away from Boeing Museum of Flight. I definitely recommend to check that one out when one has a chance. Most of the stuff there actually flies and drives. When I visited it in March, every aircraft had couple of buckets and pieces of cardboard underneath it to catch the leaks.:)

I used to do flight school at that airfield. What a fun two summers. :P

Haven't seen their B-52 they just got, but I got to see a PBY when the Blue Angels a few years ago.

Pardon the fence and iPhone 5 camera...

8 hours ago, Arthur-A said:

located in Everett, about an hour or less away from Boeing Museum of Flight. I definitely recommend to check that one out when one has a chance. Most of the stuff there actually flies and drives. When I visited it in March, every aircraft had couple of buckets and pieces of cardboard underneath it to catch the leaks.:)

Yep - I go to most of their flying events.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:27 AM, jamison01 said:

Took a bunch of pics of the WW2 planes on display, I thought I'd share with everybody. 

Museum of Flight WW2

Hope you all enjoy this as I did.

Thanks for sharing - great pics. :salute:

On 6/3/2019 at 3:22 PM, Arthur-A said:

These videos were released recently by Kermit Weekes (but wow, is his grasp of history lacking at times):

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2019 at 3:22 PM, Arthur-A said:

Yeah, some had that, most didn't. I did find out that the b-17 is the last flight worthy 17. Which is just crazy. That and the b-29 saw something like 39 combat missions. 

On 6/3/2019 at 9:16 PM, [CPT]milopugdog said:

I used to do flight school at that airfield. What a fun two summers. :P

Haven't seen their B-52 they just got, but I got to see a PBY when the Blue Angels a few years ago.

Pardon the fence and iPhone 5 camera...

Yeah, went and saw the 52 freaking huge. Got a bunch of pictures of modern Jets as well, but since they aren't ww2 I didn't end up sharing them. 

I don't know if that picture really does the size justice, there are a couple of adults standing in front of it. 

IMG_20190601_144449.jpg

4 minutes ago, jamison01 said:

I did find out that the b-17 is the last flight worthy 17.

Get away. There's about ten flying examples and a few more being restored to fly. Have seen 'Sally B' at Duxford many a time.

16 minutes ago, Red_Cat said:

Get away. There's about ten flying examples and a few more being restored to fly. Have seen 'Sally B' at Duxford many a time.

Really? My bad, that's what the website said... Lol oh well, at least they aren't all dead. 

I got to go into their B-17 a while ago too... Really beautiful machine, wish I could do it again now that I'm older.

It really isn't made for a man like myself though, 6'3 is too tall to easily navigate the thing.