Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jamison01

Went to the Boeing Museum of Flight Today

Recommended Posts

Wow, what a great day out that must have been.  Thanks so much for sharing the photos too, the ability to zoom in on each one makes them a fantastic resource!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And there's another one -

located in Everett, about an hour or less away from Boeing Museum of Flight. I definitely recommend to check that one out when one has a chance. Most of the stuff there actually flies and drives. When I visited it in March, every aircraft had couple of buckets and pieces of cardboard underneath it to catch the leaks.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to do flight school at that airfield. What a fun two summers. :P

 

Haven't seen their B-52 they just got, but I got to see a PBY when the Blue Angels a few years ago.

Pardon the fence and iPhone 5 camera...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Arthur-A said:

And there's another one -

located in Everett, about an hour or less away from Boeing Museum of Flight. I definitely recommend to check that one out when one has a chance. Most of the stuff there actually flies and drives. When I visited it in March, every aircraft had couple of buckets and pieces of cardboard underneath it to catch the leaks.:)

 

Yep - I go to most of their flying events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:27 AM, jamison01 said:

Took a bunch of pics of the WW2 planes on display, I thought I'd share with everybody. 

 

Museum of Flight WW2

 

Hope you all enjoy this as I did.

 

Thanks for sharing - great pics. :salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 3:22 PM, Arthur-A said:

And there's another one -

located in Everett, about an hour or less away from Boeing Museum of Flight. I definitely recommend to check that one out when one has a chance. Most of the stuff there actually flies and drives. When I visited it in March, every aircraft had couple of buckets and pieces of cardboard underneath it to catch the leaks.:)

 

These videos were released recently by Kermit Weekes (but wow, is his grasp of history lacking at times):

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 3:22 PM, Arthur-A said:

And there's another one -

located in Everett, about an hour or less away from Boeing Museum of Flight. I definitely recommend to check that one out when one has a chance. Most of the stuff there actually flies and drives. When I visited it in March, every aircraft had couple of buckets and pieces of cardboard underneath it to catch the leaks.:)

Yeah, some had that, most didn't. I did find out that the b-17 is the last flight worthy 17. Which is just crazy. That and the b-29 saw something like 39 combat missions. 

On 6/3/2019 at 9:16 PM, [CPT]milopugdog said:

I used to do flight school at that airfield. What a fun two summers. :P

 

Haven't seen their B-52 they just got, but I got to see a PBY when the Blue Angels a few years ago.

Pardon the fence and iPhone 5 camera...

 

Yeah, went and saw the 52 freaking huge. Got a bunch of pictures of modern Jets as well, but since they aren't ww2 I didn't end up sharing them. 

 

I don't know if that picture really does the size justice, there are a couple of adults standing in front of it. 

IMG_20190601_144449.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jamison01 said:

I did find out that the b-17 is the last flight worthy 17.

 

Get away. There's about ten flying examples and a few more being restored to fly. Have seen 'Sally B' at Duxford many a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Red_Cat said:

 

Get away. There's about ten flying examples and a few more being restored to fly. Have seen 'Sally B' at Duxford many a time.

Really? My bad, that's what the website said... Lol oh well, at least they aren't all dead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got to go into their B-17 a while ago too... Really beautiful machine, wish I could do it again now that I'm older.

It really isn't made for a man like myself though, 6'3 is too tall to easily navigate the thing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...