Han

Developer Diary 224 - Discussion

1 minute ago, Han said:
Dear friends,

Today's Dev Blog is really short - we're working on finishing the update 3.101 full time. This update will be very huge, its change list consists of more than 70 points already. Be warned by the way - because of the critical amount of changes, the track and mission format will be changed, so if you have interesting tracks convert them to videos beforehand. If you're an author of a custom mission or campaign, be prepared to resave your creation after the release (it can be done quickly using 'Convert missions to binary in folder' in the Mission editor). So, we have a lot of work on our hands at the moment, but it's not very exciting to tell about it. However, we have an interesting thing we can show you today.

The plan is to have the external textures of all Bodenplatte aircraft in 4K quality. This is possible thanks to new texturing techniques and the help from our community members =ICDP= and =BlackHellHound1=. For instance, today we can show you the Me 262 as you'll see it in the coming update - in all 4K glory.

See the world combat debut of our Me-262 at FS Expo 2019 in Orlando, FL June 8-9 Booth #505. Jason will be there putting it through its paces with a 6DOF motion-sim by Gforcefactory and VR.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 5
  • Upvote 8

Posted (edited)

Most Excellent, Thank you Han!!

By the various Gods that 262 is gorgeous! I'm going to have a hard time flying anything else! 😍

🍻 Cheers and a happy weekend to the devs!

Edited by pfrances

Very exciting! Now, if I buy a Gforcefactory motion sim, will IL-2 work with it?😁

4K for all, nice.

And what a gem for FS Expo, especially with full motion and VR. You guys trying to be the star of the show again? Should work! It's a timely release point for the 262.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Excellent Work! Thank you very much Han and development Team .

Beautiful screens - I'm looking forward to the update!

Now I'm as excited about the other changes as I'm about the swallow 😄

Posted (edited)

Beautiful! thanks

1. what about increased quality of the cockpits like in Fw190D?

2. combat debut at June 8-9, does this mean that we have to wait another week? or two

I can wait, Im just curious:joy:

Edited by Voidhunger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i was wondering, whats the distance in which aircraft skins are fully detailed...   theres usually a lovely reflection and lighting close up until the plane youre following pulls away 200m or so then it pops into a dull skin..  since the goal is to get all skins to 4k, just hoping if this could be increased?

I had this filing Me-262 will be presented on FS Expo.

Now i have a filing there can be some bigger announcement on Expo also? Maybe Pacific or something.

Anyway IL2 team already did fantastic job. Who could think few years ago they make Bodenplatte, Tank Crew and Flying Circus all at once.

Just now, spartan85 said:

i was wondering, whats the distance in which aircraft skins are fully detailed...   theres usually a lovely reflection and lighting close up until the plane youre following pulls away 200m or so then it pops into a dull skin..  since the goal is to get all skins to 4k, just hoping if this could be increased?

That has to do with lighting and materials, not texture size. We hope to change that in the future.

Jason

• Like 6
  • Thanks 11
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)

Always loved the 262. Really looking forward to flying her.

Cheers.

PS 20th! If you don't count Jason...

Edited by Red_Cat
Frivolity

Cannot wait, beautiful skins gentlemen. I really want to see what these two guys do for the P-38 and P-51.

Posted (edited)

Big Willy 😎

Edited by Cpt_Cool

The 262 always was one of those aircraft that just looked right, the F-86 likewise, the artwork certainly does the model justice.:salute:

Thank you very much for the update, really appreciated.;)

Two weeks for sure I think for the next update.:lol:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Sad 1

So you guys ever fail to be awesome?

Those shots are simply beautiful.

From RoF, flying in a Nieuport 11 to Boxx in a very impressive Me 262, thanks Devs & Jason for that

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

P-51 release along with Me-262 confirmed! 🙂😁

2019 FLIGHTSIM_EXPO_IL2.jpg

Edited by PA-Sniv
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PA-Sniv said:

P-51 release along with Me-262 confirmed!

No it is not. Just Schwalbe.

Posted (edited)

Two possibilities:

Me262 released before the Expo so that the community can detect some possible bugs and polish it before hand .... :gamer:

or

Me262 will be released at the Expo and then the engines will catch fire and .... well, you know the rest of the story ... :crazy:

Whatever choice, I love it!!!!! :pilot:

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

No it is not. Just Schwalbe.

I know. But visitors will be upset not to see a P-51 at 1CGS booth as on folder...

Just now, PA-Sniv said:

I know. But visitors will be upset not to see a P-51 at 1CGS booth as on folder...

No, they will not. When they will see new Me 262 they will forgot to the Mustang. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Motion sim huh?  Jesus these are the days I envy what you guys do for a living.  Hopefully we get some shots or even video from the booth.  I wish I could be there to see it.  I hope you knock more than a few socks off at the expo!  I'm sure it's going to make an impact.  😊

• Upvote 1

DEVS: can we get a tentative (subject to change) list of additions/changes/fixes for the release next week ?

one thing i really want to know is if the turbines + exhaust bullet are animated.

This is great!

I had the chance to get close enough to a 262 to touch it, at RAF Hendon. The ones in the images seem just as real.

Mission format changes: Will mission creators be given any details on what changed?  Are the mission text files affected?

• Sad 1

Han can you tell us if in these 70 or so changes there will be some updates to the Mission Editor. Thanks.

Another meeting! Yes! I hope you guys will have lot for fun showing your baby to the community.