Sign in to follow this  
Ekaton

AI issues - only attacks me

I’ve played 8 missions in my Il-2 after a rather long break from the game and I’ve noticed that the enemy will not bother going after anyone else but me. This makes the war seem not about sides fighting each other but about a bizarre hunt. Even when one of the planes in my squadron got damaged by the AA and struggled to stay in the air, the enemy AI wouldn’t bother to finish him, but choose to follow me instead, almost all the way to the airport. Friendly AI meanwhile does nothing - there are always some friendly fighters in the area, but they are not attacking the enemy who tries to kill me right next to them, or anyone else for that matter. I tried to fly closer to them, hoping they would assist me, but all they did was circle around. This happens in every mission. 

Is this caused by the PWCG? I haven’t played the game without it in a while so I just don’t know.

The AI decides who to attack on its own and it is not actually coded to target you.  However, it does get fixated so once it decides to attack you it will often keep doing so.  Further, if you do things that get the AI interested in you then it will appear that they are all after you ... because they are.

Best suggestion I have is don't dive right in.  Hang back a bit and let your AI squadron mates initiate the attack.  That gets the AI interested in them and less so in you.  Second, if you do want to dive right in don't immediately engage in a furball.  Then you have put yourself in the middle of the AI and kept yourself there.  Make a pass and extend.  If they all go after you then drag them back to your AI squadron mates.

• Upvote 1

I seem to notice that AI is ganging up on you on AIlevel = 1 (novice) more often, because all follow their flight leader.

As the advanced setting is broken in PWCG until now (I think Patrick will fix it soon) you can go into the genrated .miz file in data/mission folder and change all AIlevel = 1 to AILevel = 2.

9 minutes ago, oho said:

I seem to notice that AI is ganging up on you on AIlevel = 1 (novice) more often, because all follow their flight leader.

As the advanced setting is broken in PWCG until now (I think Patrick will fix it soon) you can go into the genrated .miz file in data/mission folder and change all AIlevel = 1 to AILevel = 2.

If it really is only AI with level 1, you can also increase Fighter AI in the advanced setting of your campaign from 0 to +1

Hi Yogi, the fighter AI increase advanced setting doesn't work for quiet a long time. 

2 hours ago, oho said:

Hi Yogi, the fighter AI increase advanced setting doesn't work for quiet a long time. 

What do you mean with this? Do the AI in higher settings gang on you after you increased the fighter AI to +1? Or did you check the files and the AI still flies as novice?

What you can try, it helped me with other settings in earlier versions of PWCG, change the AI setting in the file. You can find it under BOS/PWCGCampaign/BoSData/Input/Configuration. And here you open the ConfigSetMissionAi file and change the value from 0 to 1.

This will mean, the change is for all your PWCG campaigns, not just the one in which you change it. I noticed that sometimes the settings in the advanced config inside the campaign not always seems to work, for what reason ever.

On 6/29/2019 at 9:30 AM, oho said:

I think it's in the plans to address this (I really hope so!) - but Patrick seems busy with co-op for the time being. Perhaps soon?

29 minutes ago, Redwo1f said:

I think it's in the plans to address this (I really hope so!) - but Patrick seems busy with co-op for the time being. Perhaps soon?

It is addressed in the software that I am working on.  That should be available as another alpha version in a couple of weeks along with other changes.  If I can squeeze the 262 in I will do that as well.

Once I get through with the larger coop changes ... hopefully not too much longer ... I will get back to smaller and more rapid increments.

• Like 1