Sign in to follow this  
BornToBattle

For Anybody Who Hates Speakers On the Rift S

OMG...absolutely ANYTHING has to be better than the built in speakers on the Rift S, and the latest news concerning this from Facebook confirms it.

Anyways, thought I’d pass this on - bought a new headset to go with the Rift S. It’s the Sony WH-CH400 Bluetooth. Works like a charm! I’ve got 70% hearing loss and I got this at Best Buy for $59 in hopes they would work in conjunction with the straps on the headset and they do SUPERBLY! Super lightweight, no cords to fiddle with and has a 20 hour run time after charging. Once I added it to my rigs Bluetooth lineup no glitches or hitches. Just put on your Rift S first and then the headphones. Because the headset near the bottom is slightly bowed outward it slips right over the Rift’s plastic side straps like it was made for it. Good base and 1,000% better than the Rift S stock speakers.

I also turned on Windows Spacial Sound too. 

Just an FYI for anyone contemplating upgrading the Rift S’s crappy sound as it may keep you from trying others sets through trial and error. These are two thumbs up from me! 

No more tin can sound. Happy flying!

2D27D29A-785B-4947-8028-C643E30678EB.jpeg

Edited by BornToBattle

That should work too.

I fault Facebook for pushing this out the door when they KNEW the speakers were crappy but alas, once again release dates won out over quality and the end user has to fork out yet more money to fix it.

Zuck  must be taking tips from Microsoft...crank it out now and worry about it later.

Edited by BornToBattle

On 5/31/2019 at 5:37 AM, Nibbio said:

I used the KSC75 earbuds with a little modification, like this guy is showing here. Works pretty well and costs around 20 euro.

https://imgur.com/gallery/V7zKoN9

image.png.ce1091ece36430cc1f3b4e921fe88d07.png

Yep, I've done the same. They are remarkably good for the low price and will be fine until Oculus produce a pucker solution.

I’m looking for headphones for my new Pimax %K.which has none.They would have to go one the default headband ( or a more substantial replacement.After the substantial investment in the headset I’d prefer a reasonably priced headphone  if possible.Suggestions?

I personally use the Klipsch R6 II earbuds with my Rift S and sound is fantastic.

But I prefer the in ear buds myself, as it isolates sound in my environment and no bulk to deal with.

I used the Oculus earbuds accessory also for my Rift CV1.