Sign in to follow this  
Panthera_Tigris

Campaign/ Single Player Content

Hey guys,

I am very much enjoying the paid campaigns in IL2 BoS and BoM (def going to buy BoK, BoBP soon). I play in VR and I have read that FC is even better in VR. But I am not sure if it will have any campaigns or other single player stuff for people like me who only play SP?

There will not be much of a SP experience with FC1... if it sells well we might see an FC2, it may well have a campaign then.

There will however be a PWCG campaign (3rd party) from Pat Wilson if he can get it up and running for FC1 if he can manage it...

• Upvote 1

There's not much that was initially planned but they may try and get something happening by the end of the development cycle for it.

See Jason's reply to my question on this back from part 3 of my Q&A with him:

For single player pilots what kind of content is planned to be available in Vol 1? Are there Scripted Campaigns planned?

Jason: “We of course eventually want to make some for FC1, but we don’t have time in the current schedule to make them ourselves internally. I’m discussing this with some mission makers. We really need the map to be ready before this can be worked on in earnest.”

https://stormbirds.blog/2019/03/21/part-3-an-interview-with-jason-williams-on-tank-crew-and-flying-circus/

The key is the map and we will hopefully see that soon.

I guess any FC campaigns can be made only by the third-party mission makers as VikS is very busy by career for the BoX and technical research and I know nothing about WWI aviation.

Just now, BlackSix said:

I guess any FC campaigns can be made only by the third-party mission makers as VikS is very busy by career for the BoX and technical research and I know nothing about WWI aviation.

I have you guys covered ;)

SYN_Vander has a lot of WWI info cus of our Vintage Missions so I will be using that info and my own resources to send out some free content.

Haash

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I think i read somewhere that Pat plans to do stuff with FC too for PWCG ?

Was thinking of maybe getting FC. What does it have for single player right now? I don't really care about campaigns and such, but is there random mission generator or anything like that?

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, gad11 said:

Was thinking of maybe getting FC. What does it have for single player right now? I don't really care about campaigns and such, but is there random mission generator or anything like that?

Thanks!

Nothing ☹️

You can set up something in the quick mission builder with the existing planes, on the existing maps, but that's the extent of it.

Thanks for the replies. I am guessing users might start making campaigns/ missions once the map is ready. BTW, do we have any indication when the map is likely to be released?

I imagine the missions for WW1 will be quite different to what we have now :) I guess most missions during WW1 were just reconnaissance or artillery spotting? And maybe some smallish air-duels?  

To my mind this has been the sticking point for FC.

When the map arrives and Pat does his magnificent thing, then the game will have some appeal beyond furballs.

Flying FC over WW2 territory has no immersion to it, from my point of view.

The sense of the peculiarities of the Western Front, the concentration of forces into a very small, very active but intrinsically static battlezone is completely missing from the game as it stands.

Flying SP missions in RoF meant that one got to know the landmarks, the place names and associate them with the places one has visited or read about in real life - the connection is made in one's head, so the flying takes on a meaning above and beyond the technical flying skill.

FC does not have this sense of connection, for me, at all.

Worse, RoF now feels dated in both game engine and graphical terms - so I'm not flying there either. 

Rather than get frustrated, I decided to stop flying until the game has the same level of immersion I felt when flying RoF, although I will certainly try the SE5a for a few outings, even though it will be operating completely outside of the operational parameters for which it was designed.

I certainly haven't discarded FC, but I do feel a little bit of the opinion that had I the talent and skill to produce this game, I would have at least provided the WW1 enthusiasts with the same value that one gets from the other BoX games from both SP and MP viewpoints, and would, at the very least have started the map before releasing any aeroplanes at all.

I miss the comradeship of the friends I flew with and hope you are all well.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm glad we have FC NOW even in BETA form....instead of waiting for full release with no bug fixes and feature development based on community feedback.

Looking forward to the soon to be released Albatross and Se5a.....oh, and the Arras map!

Looking forward to seeing you then SP1969 and some others.

• Upvote 3

I need the map and the two seaters.  Without at least one two seater per side I can't create a WWI campaign, as they are the heart of WWI aviation.  However, they are coming at some point and when they do I will implement PWCG for FC.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

I need the map and the two seaters.  Without at least one two seater per side I can't create a WWI campaign, as they are the heart of WWI aviation.  However, they are coming at some point and when they do I will implement PWCG for FC.

Thank you, Pat.

Roll on!

Pity they are not giving us the true observation/artillery workhorses like the 'Harry Tate' or the DFW.CV...

• Upvote 2