Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
VII.Racetrack

Waypoints and Altitude - How they Works?

Recommended Posts

Hi all!

My question is pretty simple, I have a Flight of 6 Pe airstarting with a Trigger (OnEnterd bla bla) that works... And thats'okay.

 

The flight is to fly to a Trigger waypoint Object Linked to the Pe ich is the Leader (other are TL to it), if the Bombers Spawn at 3000 meters and the Wayoint is at 5000 what do they do?

 

A : They fly towards the waypoint climbing meanwhile

B : They climb immediatily circilig where they spawned and then fly towards the waypoint at its altitude

C : The fly towards the Waypoint and then, under the waypoint, they climb circling?

 

I have the Flight that remain in the spawn locatino circling can't understan why...

 

Edited by VII.Racetrack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VII.Racetrack said:

Hi all!

My question is pretty simple, I have a Flight of 6 Pe airstarting with a Trigger (OnEnterd bla bla) that works... And thats'okay.

 

The flight is to fly to a Trigger waypoint Object Linked to the Pe ich is the Leader (other are TL to it), if the Bombers Spawn at 3000 meters and the Wayoint is at 5000 what do they do?

 

A : They fly towards the waypoint climbing meanwhile

B : They climb immediatily circilig where they spawned and then fly towards the waypoint at its altitude

C : The fly towards the Waypoint and then, under the waypoint, the climb circling?

 

I have the Flight that remain in the spawn locatino circling can't understan why...

 

 

I assume that you're referring to a single-player mission and you are using the spawner trigger to spawn the Pe-2s, right?

 

First, if you spawn a formation, the wingmen do not respond to commands given to the leader.

 

If you activate the formation or the formation objects are enabled to begin with, they will behave according to A above (They fly towards the waypoint climbing meanwhile").

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AI will attempt at the best of it's ability to do "A" in your list.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JimTM said:

 

First, if you spawn a formation, the wingmen do not respond to commands given to the leader.

 

 

So how to et a formation fly to a waypoint mantaining formation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VII.Racetrack said:

 

So how to et a formation fly to a waypoint mantaining formation?

 

You either activate or enable the formation or you create a waypoint for each plane (the explanation of which I'll leave to others that have actually done it).

Edited by JimTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem Solved, I simply made a mistake Targeting the Trigger Timer and the Waypoint.

 

Now the Planes Spawn and follow the rout normally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, VII.Racetrack said:

Problem Solved, I simply made a mistake Targeting the Trigger Timer and the Waypoint.

 

Now the Planes Spawn and follow the rout normally.

 

Can you post your mission please. I would be interested to test it and update the editor manual re. spawning formations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JimTM said:

 

Can you post your mission please. I would be interested to test it and update the editor manual re. spawning formations.

I'lltry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in the manual it says this 

5. Place waypoint triggers (pg. 285) to define the route and target link each waypoint to the next one along, in the direction of travel. Note: Make the waypoint area about 200m to ensure that the plane flies through the waypoint. Also, set the desired altitude and airspeed for each waypoint

 

yet when i place the waypoit trigger  i see an area ( 200m it says to ensure planes fly throughthe trigger) and i see speed yet there is no  tab saying altitude so im at a loss as to how to set the altitude for each of the trigger: waypoint mcu's can someone help here?

nvm found it is the y  coords inthe properties ¬¬ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops, didn't notice you had sorted it out. Change the Y value in the properties:

 

image.png.20c88504595028842e9e8921def8d191.png

Edited by No_85_Gramps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yer i did  still seems not to work 

tried with a 4 plane flight and a single plane same result they just fly in large circle near first waypoint

 

tried spawn trigger  , timer trigger  no change so far , climbing the friggin walls here  wish they just  made the misison builder like the old il2 simlpe as hell  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you target linked the first waypoint to the second and so on? Sounds like when it(they) reach the first waypoint that the second waypoint doesn't get triggered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might want to consult the climb rates for the aircraft you are adding as well when placing waypoints.  Too many times mission makers fail to consider “real” climb rates and put both AI and real pilots in a position of attempting to achieve unrealistic rates of climb.  For example, the P-51D has a climb rate of ~3170 ft/min at Military Power.  It’s unrealistic to have a pilot climb 10k ft in 2 min, yet, I’ve seen many a mission where we/AI are asked to do such a thing......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try : Begin / 10s / Spawn - plane.

Then link the 10s timer to a 1s timer which is linked to WP #1.

WP #1 Object links to the plane.

 

This ensures the plane gets the call from the waypoint 1 second after it spawns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yer we did all that  but we also found an issue with that damd manual for mission editing 

we found things relevant to waypoints etc but like two bloody chapters after the one it concerned  obviously written by some university muppet  its all back to front mixed up and topsy turvey does to seem to be written in any logical order and a lot of the  instructions leave a lot to be desired 

BUT all sorted now thanks for the tips guys you lot helped me way more than the useless manual did lol  it all works fine now

now the only thing we trying to fix is mission end and success for which side  cant ,,,again find anyting in the manual to say  how to ( we want to see the messages come up with russian or german win based on one factor )  russia wins if all german ground units are dead or out of the combat zone  and vice versa, tried the mission success mcu but no options  to dictate  what we want  regarding  our criteria for a win for whichever side 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ughhhhh  after all that  my stuka flight gets to target and just circles around 

there is an attack area command there set to 30 mis ( manual says its the time the spend looking for targets)

yet they dont attack they just circle ....starting to climb the walls with frustration 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, =JFC=JFCShloss said:

...obviously written by some university muppet...

 

It's not easy being green...

 

:dry:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, =JFC=JFCShloss said:

yer we did all that  but we also found an issue with that damd manual for mission editing 

we found things relevant to waypoints etc but like two bloody chapters after the one it concerned  obviously written by some university muppet  its all back to front mixed up and topsy turvey does to seem to be written in any logical order and a lot of the  instructions leave a lot to be desired 

BUT all sorted now thanks for the tips guys you lot helped me way more than the useless manual did lol  it all works fine now

now the only thing we trying to fix is mission end and success for which side  cant ,,,again find anyting in the manual to say  how to ( we want to see the messages come up with russian or german win based on one factor )  russia wins if all german ground units are dead or out of the combat zone  and vice versa, tried the mission success mcu but no options  to dictate  what we want  regarding  our criteria for a win for whichever side 

 

You're complaining about a manual contributed by a community member. A volunteer. I know it seems like everything should be provided by the developer and that you should be able to give them whatever grief you want for their documentation, but actually most of the stuff outside the main game executable is community content. Maybe you should try being polite when asking for help.

 

I find the manual very useful and I go back to it all the time. I would also recommend Sketch's video series on the editor, I learnt a lot from that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just my opininon  regarding the manual  i have not found it as useful as you have obviously but the tips form the guys above have been very useful we all have our opinions and they wont always agree with each others as for sketchs videos i havent seen a link for them so am unaware of their content 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, =JFC=JFCShloss said:

just my opininon  regarding the manual  i have not found it as useful as you have obviously but the tips form the guys above have been very useful we all have our opinions and they wont always agree with each others as for sketchs videos i havent seen a link for them so am unaware of their content 

 

You're entitled to your opinion, sure. But being rude in expressing your frustration with the manual is just that: rude. How would you feel if someone said the same things about something you had produced? The mission editor has a steep learning curve and I can understand and sympathize that you are feeling frustrated, but don't take it out on a volunteer-contributed manual that many people have found very useful. I built Combat Box based 90% off things I learned from the manual.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing. You give people loads of chances to do the right thing, and they persist in behaving like that. Another one for the ignore list, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

thought youd like that   your too thin skinned matey 

On 12/24/2019 at 2:22 PM, 352ndOscar said:

You might want to consult the climb rates for the aircraft you are adding as well when placing waypoints.  Too many times mission makers fail to consider “real” climb rates and put both AI and real pilots in a position of attempting to achieve unrealistic rates of climb.  For example, the P-51D has a climb rate of ~3170 ft/min at Military Power.  It’s unrealistic to have a pilot climb 10k ft in 2 min, yet, I’ve seen many a mission where we/AI are asked to do such a thing......

 yer  i figured that one mate i set em to spawn in at 2500 and set all the waypoints to same alt have since tried  fly's  suggestion works perfectly 

and yes gramps all waypoints where linked  it seems  the extra two mcus  (spawn trigger and timer as well as first  way points tier and trigger) were needed with a slight time diff tween the two timers was needed  but they all fly  ok  now thanks  the only issue now is getting them to obey the attack area mcu they just  continue on their flight path to base and ignore the attack area while me stukas are flying over te area in circles for the time  i have specified in the attack area  but theyr not dropping their bombs ,,,,just flyig in  circles lol 

 

Edited by =JFC=JFCShloss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...