Sign in to follow this  
Eisenfaustus

5.0 SP gameplay?

I know from the once monthly updates that - in contrast to 4.5 - this time there will be Sp improvements.

As an SP only guy that's obviously good news for me!

I'm especially excited about the new AI!

From the updates I also know that all the new aircraft will recieve SP campaigns - also great to hear!

But I have some questions left:

These campaigns - are we talking about scripted campaigns or some kind of career system?

Will there be SP campaigns for the Battle of Britain as well - or will the completely broken German campaign at least be fixed?

(Especially if it'd be some kind of career system there could be careers starting in 1940 and carrying on well into early 1942 with your planned planeset!)

Will the SP loadouts finally be fixed? (this annoys me since I own CLOD!)

We will provide Scripted campaigns for the new aircraft types and Tobruk theater.

There will also be new campaigns for the Channel map which allow the existing campaigns to move through late 1940 and into 1941.

New aircraft types will also be included... so for example, there will be a D.520 campaign set in May/June 1940.

At this point we have done work on a Dynamic Campaign Generator... but it is unclear whether it will be ready for TF 5.0... it may be added later in a patch.

5 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

At this point we have done work on a Dynamic Campaign Generator... but it is unclear whether it will be ready for TF 5.0... it may be added later in a patch.

I have question regarding DCG, if it going to be just randomly generated missions or something more like box with frontlines moving and diffrent phases, some historical background and diffrent missions. For example battle of britain would see much more bombing and offensive gameplay for germans while later tides would turn and mission types would change.

22 hours ago, InProgress said:

I have question regarding DCG, if it going to be just randomly generated missions or something more like box with frontlines moving and diffrent phases, some historical background and diffrent missions. For example battle of britain would see much more bombing and offensive gameplay for germans while later tides would turn and mission types would change.

Can't comment on the DCG at this point as we do not know if it will be included.

On 6/29/2019 at 4:00 AM, Buzzsaw said:

We will provide Scripted campaigns for the new aircraft types and Tobruk theater.

There will also be new campaigns for the Channel map which allow the existing campaigns to move through late 1940 and into 1941.

New aircraft types will also be included... so for example, there will be a D.520 campaign set in May/June 1940.

As a offline and infrequent  player that is very good news, currently there is very little and the old original campaigns made by the community we already have probably need updating to conform to the latest patches you guys made available. :drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:

Indeed this sounds like a lot of content - great! Can't wait for the release! :D

And I happily wait for you guys doing the dcg right and patching it in later than rushing it out half finished!