BrutalInsane

Warthog flight stick with Extension, sensitivity settings,

I’m looking for input from other warthog w extension flight sticks. Are you using a sensitivity curve? I’m currently using it without a curve, and it feels almost there in terms or controllability, but I feel like it could be a bit ‘finer’ around the center. What are your settings?

I have a 7.5 cm Sahaj extension on mine, and I'm using it with default settings. No curves or dead zone, and it feels right for me.

However, I'm a beginner, and I think others are using adjustments.

I use a 19cm extension (a 12cm and 7cm) and I recently changed my set it to a sensitivity of 25 on pitch only with no dead zones.

I did this as I was having some stall issues that are either the stick not being 100% or I am being too ham fisted. Either way it seems to have helped.

Posted (edited)

15cm Sahaj extension, using no curves and like above, to me it feels right.

Edited by J2_SteveF

3 hours ago, Capt_Teddy_Bear said:

I use a 19cm extension (a 12cm and 7cm) and I recently changed my set it to a sensitivity of 25 on pitch only with no dead zones.

When she said "It's too short", did you really believe that she was referring to your game controllers?

• Haha 1

A little belated, but thanks for the input :) I think I’m going to try with no curves and see how that works. 

Using VKB's extension which is 200mm and I use a lot of curve on mine. A lot of these planes feel very jumpy.

Hey sorry for the super late reply, but thanks for all your input. I recently swapped up to a VKB Gunfighter Pro w extension . . . And I think curves are for me. I’m using 42% on pitch and 20% on roll, and it feels right. I agree with JonRedcorn . . . with 0%, even the slightest move bumps my plane around a lot. I’m going to try taking it down a few percent every week to see how low I can get it and have it still feel comfortable. 

Thanks all!

15 hours ago, BrutalInsane said:

Hey sorry for the super late reply, but thanks for all your input. I recently swapped up to a VKB Gunfighter Pro w extension . . . And I think curves are for me. I’m using 42% on pitch and 20% on roll, and it feels right. I agree with JonRedcorn . . . with 0%, even the slightest move bumps my plane around a lot. I’m going to try taking it down a few percent every week to see how low I can get it and have it still feel comfortable. 

Thanks all!

You can set better and more precise curves through the vkb software. There's even a mode you can enable through a button press/hold that will cut the sensitivity in half for better precision. Lots of cool stuff in the software. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/11/2019 at 9:10 AM, JonRedcorn said:

You can set better and more precise curves through the vkb software. There's even a mode you can enable through a button press/hold that will cut the sensitivity in half for better precision. Lots of cool stuff in the software. 

Ha their software confuses the hell out of me, especially that VKBdevconfig.exe (or whatever it’s called) program, and I don’t think I have time to jump down that rabbit hole. I think I found my sweet spot with 42/20, it just feels right to me and I think I’m finally developing the muscle memory to match. 

I’ll check it out one of these days, but it looks super intimidating. 

Edited by BrutalInsane